Beer | Page 194 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
@8893 any cider recommendations? I am just getting into these and really liked the Downeast recommendations.

I always generally liked several craft ciders. Artifact is probably my favorite local cider. Carlson Orchards in MA is good. Many of them are good. I avoid the big mass produced brands. I also want something dry.

Recently I visited Normandy, and the ciders there just blew me away. More funky and unusual. More character overall. The closest I've had to that style here is Eden's Harvest Cider from Newport, VT. Eden – Cider Says

Reaction Score
I was in the area and stopped by Treehouse this week. I was blown away by the variety and amount available. I think my last visit was last Fall and I maxed out the allotment, bringing home maybe 2 cases and 4 varieties.This time I brought home Punch, Treat, Julius, Very Hazy, 2 of the Curiosity series, Super Typhoon, Summer, Autumn, and at least 5 other varieties. Just a few cans of each as maxing out the allotment would have set me back several thousand $.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I was in the area and stopped by Treehouse this week. I was blown away by the variety and amount available. I think my last visit was last Fall and I maxed out the allotment, bringing home maybe 2 cases and 4 varieties.This time I brought home Punch, Treat, Julius, Very Hazy, 2 of the Curiosity series, Super Typhoon, Summer, Autumn, and at least 5 other varieties. Just a few cans of each as maxing out the allotment would have set me back several thousand $.

Its crazy how much they produce now. Place is gorgeous too.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Just got back home a bit ago. Threw this collage together of the 13 beers I managed over 4.5 days in Belgium.
All were very good (although Kriek style ain't my thang). Didn't knock off a ton of my original list (nor get close to drinking 25 beers period), but can't say I'm disappointed at all. Definitely a country to visit if beer is your thing.
Belgianbeers.JPG

The reality that our trip was indeed over occurred on the return flight, when the drink cart came out and a couple of people sitting behind wife and me ordered Bud Lights. I was sad for America.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No Chinookerd? I love that one.
Me too. I had Chinookered on tap while I was there. I picked 3 to take home that I never had before. I had already purchased the Sip at package store on the way up.

Reaction Score
Just got back home a bit ago. Threw this collage together of the 13 beers I managed over 4.5 days in Belgium.
All were very good (although Kriek style ain't my thang). Didn't knock off a ton of my original list (nor get close to drinking 25 beers period), but can't say I'm disappointed at all. Definitely a country to visit if beer is your thing.
View attachment 46760

The reality that our trip was indeed over occurred on the return flight, when the drink cart came out and a couple of people sitting behind wife and me ordered Bud Lights. I was sad for America.
13 beers over 4.5 days. Less than 3 beers per day in Belgium, that's so sad.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
13 beers over 4.5 days. Less than 3 beers per day in Belgium, that's so sad.

Actually, there were 14, but for some reason the photo I took of a crappy can of Jupiler while at the Analogues concert in Antwerp didn't come out. Not that I'd recommend Jupiler anyway.

But yeah, had I the forethought of packing at least one beer to consume per train ride, I easily could've done 20. Then again, I'm 63 and these weren't Coors Lights.

Reaction Score
I’ll throw this in here. If you can find Harpoon Rec League near you and would like a low calorie, non filling IPA, I really enjoyed it. Bought it in Vermont last week. 3.8% alcohol and 120 calories. I was drinking them like Miller Lite. Never got full or bloated. Unfortunately, can’t find it in FL.

It reminds me of a cheap (quality wise), weak Trillium Julius. I emphasize, really cheap and weak. But I liked it and would make it my go to beer for football, golf, fishing etc. if I could buy it locally. Of course, I’d still like heavier, better beers now and then, but I could live with it most of the time. Give it a shot if you need a less fattening, lower alcohol option.

Reaction Score
Anyone have Little Sister yet? The session version of captains daughter. Could a really good summer beach/ golf type beer. Bought at a packy but surprised to see it at stop n shop as well

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I’ll throw this in here. If you can find Harpoon Rec League near you and would like a low calorie, non filling IPA, I really enjoyed it. Bought it in Vermont last week. 3.8% alcohol and 120 calories. I was drinking them like Miller Lite. Never got full or bloated. Unfortunately, can’t find it in FL.

It reminds me of a cheap (quality wise), weak Trillium Julius. I emphasize, really cheap and weak. But I liked it and would make it my go to beer for football, golf, fishing etc. if I could buy it locally. Of course, I’d still like heavier, better beers now and then, but I could live with it most of the time. Give it a shot if you need a less fattening, lower alcohol option.
Treehouse makes Julius but I agree on Rec League. Definitely a good session beer. I picked it up for my post-softball brews many times this summer, which I’m sure is their intention given the name. Harpoon is doing good things to stay relevant in the murky large craft category.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Was in Stowe for a wedding this weekend and made the obligatory Alchemist run. Frustrating that you can’t get full drafts but it’s cool they let you drink what you buy on premises. It’s always a little overwhelming in VT when you out to dinner and see a draftlist with 20 beers you wanna try.

Reaction Score
Anyone have Little Sister yet? The session version of captains daughter. Could a really good summer beach/ golf type beer. Bought at a packy but surprised to see it at stop n shop as well
I’ve never heard of Little Sister until now, but I’ll have to check it out.

On a related note, I was very surprised the first time I saw Captain’s Daughter at Stop & Shop. It’s amazing how widely available top-notch beer is now. It’s probably not so amazing for my health, but I’ll let my future self worry about that.

Reaction Score
Unicorn Farm IPA by back east is pretty underrated. I know everyone loves ice cream man, as do I, but Unicorn Farm should get more hype. Would also like to try double scoop

Reaction Score
Unicorn Farm IPA by back east is pretty underrated. I know everyone loves ice cream man, as do I, but Unicorn Farm should get more hype. Would also like to try double scoop
I'm a big Infinite Universe fan.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
For anyone interested in going to Beervana Saturday, I have an extra ticket.

Reaction Score
Got some New Park cans last night. Their blender sours are incredible but so pricey. Worth it on occasion but the wallet doesn't like. Honestly impossible to take longer than 3 minutes to drink one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom