Beer | Page 270 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Any brewery using plastic cups is an immediate turnoff for me. It was super annoying during the pandemic but now it's a dealbreaker.
The brewery is inside. This was out in the beer garden so they had plastic cups. Masters was on, about a 180 “ screen maybe.
IMG_3100.jpeg

Reaction Score
Yes. Ive been to their brewery in Milford a few times. Rest of the stuff I have tried there I thought was just ok, but they hit it out of the park with Benji.

Reaction Score
Hate to be the jerk and say you can probably get that in the states... but not at that price. 8 beers for 9.50? I've heard beer is much cheaper in Europe. I forget the exact reasons. I don't think its subsidies.

Reaction Score
Got to go to a UConn 1881 Series Alum event at Two Roads on Wednesday. They debuted this beer which was brewed by the student “Brew Crew” which is part of UConn’s new Brewing Innovation program:

My daughter was part of the crew (which was actually mostly women…great to see!). Proud of all of them and the Beer came out excellent!

IMG_8419.jpeg

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm over in Europe for work and picked these up at an Aldi in Netherlands.
$9.50 USD for the two 4-packs.

I'll be sampling tonight.

View attachment 99843
Is that after VAT? For Europe it sounds a bit pricey (as ridiculous as that may sound).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Is that after VAT? For Europe it sounds a bit pricey (as ridiculous as that may sound).
Belgian beers aren’t really cheap, even in Belgium. Slightly less than they are her. Ordinary stuff like pilsners are cheap.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Belgian beers aren’t really cheap, even in Belgium. Slightly less than they are her. Ordinary stuff like pilsners are cheap.

Those were very good prices. Four packs of the better quality brand labels Belgian Ales are $7-$9 Euros now. Dollar is pretty strong right now against Euro.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Zot is very good indeed.

Would be interested in your thoughts on Hopus, on behalf of my wife. It was her favorite beer in all Belgium. I found it good, not great.

Reaction Score
popped over to open gate Baltimore after an academic event yesterday at UMBC... been there before, still not impressed though their porter where they imitated the standard Guinness taste was good.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm over in Europe for work and picked these up at an Aldi in Netherlands.
$9.50 USD for the two 4-packs.

I'll be sampling tonight.

View attachment 99843
They both weren’t very good. The blonde was skunky and the tripel’s taste was pedestrian.

Making up for it at lunch.
Bruges Zot Blonde is always a winner.

Well, just like you eat what you put on your plate, I powerd through on the beers. The rest of the Blondes were fine. No skunk flavor. I'd drink them again if they were being served at a party or something but doubt I'd buy them. I'd pass on the Tripel. There are just so many better options out there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom