Becky Hammon Doesn't Get Bucks' Coaching Job | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Becky Hammon Doesn't Get Bucks' Coaching Job

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
again where does Shea Ralph falls into this... she's been under Geno for yearrrrrrrs and doesnt qualify BUT Becky already qualifies for a NBA HC positions smh

Reaction Score
I am not sure how I feel about Hammon being in the mix for a NBA head coaching position. She's a WNBA legend and has clearly worked with the best for the last several seasons (Spurs).

However.........She has never been a head coach, is still relatively young in her career and there are many, many highly qualified people out there. I think coaching has to be one of the most challenging professions to gain entry. It's a very closed circle at all levels and I would think landing even an assistant role at a D1 program would be about as easy as winning the lottery. I confess to being one of those people who didn't really like it when she played for the Russian national team, even though it wasn't an unprecedented move. Hammon was a terrific player who just fell through the cracks at the national team cycles for whatever reason.

I don't have a problem with the idea of women coaching a men's team. I just think a lot of this is just PR and spin machine news.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman
Top Bottom