Beat Cincinnati | The Boneyard

Beat Cincinnati

Reaction Score
Not sure why I continue to come on this board after games like last night. This board is a train wreck and an emotional roller coaster. The "fans" really do come out after games like last night. UConn played last night with 2 wounded starters (and our two best players), give them a break.

Whether UConn ends up having to play 4 games or 3 games in the AAC Tournament, a win over Cincinnati would be huge. To find out they can beat the best team in the league would help tremendously for the players mental toughness. It would be great for momentum and energy going into the American Tournament, which would be key to their success. It would also be a great win for the UConn Seniors.

However, I find it tough to win this game without Vital. Hopefully he can give it a go. Last night made me realize what Vital's strong motor and enthusiasm does for the team. He plays with a lot of fire and I think the team feeds off it.

I go into every game thinking UConn will win. The season is not over until it is over.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If Vital can go, and if Adams is closer to 100%, and if Rodney's finger is a little more healed up, we have a puncher's chance to win the game. But so be it. A puncher lands his punch every now and then, and Cincy showed in the UCF game that they are not immune to losing to teams not called "SMU". And the win could possibly earn us a first game bye.

Hopefully we find a way to get the W and carry some momentum into the AAC tourney. If nothing else, it will help the young guys have a good taste in their mouths for next year...

Reaction Score
Cincy putting a hurt on Houston tonight. 7 minutes left and UH has 30 points.

Every game is a rock fight with them. Anything can happen.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Caupain finally done. He has been around forever. About time.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Don't our Seniors deserve to go out happy like ECU's did?

Reaction Score
If we can make 3's it gives us a chance to win. If players can hit the front end of one and one's and some can hit two free throws in a row then we can win. The struggle to score over the last five halves has to go away or we will be done playing soon. Maybe we will have everybody in fairly healthy condition from getting an extra day to recover with the game on Sunday. Wasn't expecting to come into this game with a loss but I will be there hoping the seniors put it all together.

Reaction Score
Senior night is a knife that can cut both ways...
The way this season has gone, don't be shocked if the stars align and we win this game.

Check me if I'm wrong, but if we win, we clinch a 1st round bye, right?

Reaction Score
If Vital can go, and if Adams is closer to 100%, and if Rodney's finger is a little more healed up, we have a puncher's chance to win the game. But so be it. A puncher lands his punch every now and then, and Cincy showed in the UCF game that they are not immune to losing to teams not called "SMU". And the win could possibly earn us a first game bye.

Hopefully we find a way to get the W and carry some momentum into the AAC tourney. If nothing else, it will help the young guys have a good taste in their mouths for next year...

What team have you been watching the past few months? We had all those players healthy last time we played and they had us down nearly 30 in the 2nd half. Talk about delusional.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
What team have you been watching the past few months? We had all those players healthy last time we played and they had us down nearly 30 in the 2nd half. Talk about delusional.

Do I have your permission to root for my favorite team? Or do I need to ask Superjohn first?

This friggin board...

Reaction Score
Do I have your permission to root for my favorite team? Or do I need to ask Superjohn first?

This friggin board...

Of course you can root for your team, but be realistic man. We're not winning Sunday.

Reaction Score
Of course you can root for your team, but be realistic man. We're not winning Sunday.
Spoken like a real, non-cynical, fan....
Jeez, do you hope for coal in your stocking on Christmas morning, too?

Reaction Score
Then don't watch. Why do you bother coming here? If I wanted a , i'd go to CVS...

Oh right.. you're the smartest guy in the universe... according to yourself. While your at CVS you should pick up some astroglide for some of the butt rapings you've had on these threads :mad: Especially the one where you said Brimah was a national defensive force.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Oh right.. you're the smartest guy in the universe... according to yourself. While your at CVS you should pick up some astroglide for some of the butt rapings you've had on these threads. Especially the one where you said Brimah was a national defensive force.

This thread is not for you. You see, in the title, it appears to root for the Huskies. As I know that this seems to upset you, you should avoid it altogether. Plenty of other threads you can lock on to that will allow you to bash whomever you please...

Reaction Score
This thread is not for you. You see, in the title, it appears to root for the Huskies. As I know that this seems to upset you, you should avoid it altogether. Plenty of other threads you can lock on to that will allow you to bash whomever you please...

That's your comeback? I just verbally scoured you.

Reaction Score

In case you aren't reading here. Most people aren't subscribing to the "sky isn't falling narrative" like you do. Things are bad right now so why should you pretend otherwise?

Reaction Score
Senior night is a knife that can cut both ways...
The way this season has gone, don't be shocked if the stars align and we win this game.

Check me if I'm wrong, but if we win, we clinch a 1st round bye, right?

I think with a win vs cincy we have a very good chance at the bye
Depends on smu. They need to beat Tulsa tonite which they currently are and then Memphis.
I could be wrong but if this plays out we get get the bye
If not I think we fall to the 7 seed. Looking at the the standings not sure we can get the 6th seed. Seems like 5 or 7 to me

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I think with a win vs cincy we have a very good chance at the bye
Depends on smu. They need to beat Tulsa tonite which they currently are and then Memphis.
I could be wrong but if this plays out we get get the bye
If not I think we fall to the 7 seed. Looking at the the standings not sure we can get the 6th seed. Seems like 5 or 7 to me

The issue is that we can't take another loss, leaving the possibility of a tie between us and either Memphis or Tulsa, asI understand it. In other words, it's very likely that we would need to beat Cincy in order to get the spot, even with SMU beating both.

If we lose to Cincy, we would need both to lose an additional game...

Reaction Score
Of course we can beat Cincinnati. This isn't the 1980 Soviet team. UConn will probably be a 5 or 6 point underdog.

Disagree that Cincinnati is the best team in the league. It's pretty clearly SMU right now, IMO.

Reaction Score
Of course we can beat Cincinnati. This isn't the 1980 Soviet team. UConn will probably be a 5 or 6 point underdog.

Disagree that Cincinnati is the best team in the league. It's pretty clearly SMU right now, IMO.

In my opinion, SMU executes better than Cincy on both offense and defense, but the 6-man rotation vs Cincy's large, talented roster may make it a more difficult question.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom