BE Weekly Honors | The Boneyard

BE Weekly Honors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It’s a travesty to not pick AK as PoW. It’s another chip on shoulder for him.
How is it a travesty? Kadary averaged more points rebounds assists and played a tougher schedule and went 2-0. I want AK to win player of the week as much of the next guy but the complaining from UConn fans about awards the last 2 weeks (especially on twitter) is wild

Reaction Score
How is it a travesty? Kadary averaged more points rebounds assists and played a tougher schedule and went 2-0. I want AK to win player of the week as much of the next guy but the complaining from UConn fans about awards the last 2 weeks (especially on twitter) is wild
I wish I had a dollar for every UConn conspiracy theory post on this board. It’s nauseating.

The refs hate us, the writers hate us, ESPN hates us, recruits hate us, etc etc etc

Reaction Score
Karaban averaged 20 a game, 4.5 boards, 2.5 assists with 9 threes and 62% shooting

Cam averaged 19.5, 6.5 boards, 3.5 assists with 8 threes and 61% shooting

BUT…..Kadary averaged 22 points, 10 rebounds, 6.5 assists and 55% shooting. Well deserved POW to Mr. Richmond

I’ll say it again - FOW and FOY are Castle’s if he wants it. He’s been playing really well

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The fact that Cam hasn’t been an honorable mention yet is crazy. He should be in the discussion for BE POTY right now.
I love Cam, but by what metric? He's still 10th in the conference in scoring, 13th in assists, outside the top 30 in rebounding. He leads in 3P% and is 2nd in 3 point makes, but that's about it

Reaction Score
I wish I had a dollar for every UConn conspiracy theory post on this board. It’s nauseating.

The refs hate us, the writers hate us, ESPN hates us, recruits hate us, etc etc etc
Back....and to the left. Back.......and to the left.

Reaction Score

Well it’s cause it’s true. I am not a conspiracy theorist in any way and in fact despise them, but here there is plenty of evidence on the refs (in BE), plenty of biased writers and clear ESPN bias. It’s not a conspiracy when there is clear evidence of these things.

Reaction Score
A lot of this is hangover from not seeing Tristen Newton on any of the preseason teams (or even honorable mention) after the season he had last year, especially in the biggest games of the tournament. When you have the best player of such a big game performing like that, and then returning to his team the following year, you'd think there'd be at least a little appreciation.

Not seeing Tristen among the leagues top 20 players after that performance is just mind-boggling.

Reaction Score
Spot on observation.
You have something new to complain about: ESPN doesn’t have our ascension to #1 as a top story. Conspiracy is alive and well I’m sure that makes you very happy!!

Reaction Score
Cam and Alex should be co players of week. Biased I know but we ain’t #1 without them both.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
A lot of this is hangover from not seeing Tristen Newton on any of the preseason teams (or even honorable mention) after the season he had last year, especially in the biggest games of the tournament. When you have the best player of such a big game performing like that, and then returning to his team the following year, you'd think there'd be at least a little appreciation.

Not seeing Tristen among the leagues top 20 players after that performance is just mind-boggling.
Big contributor as was AS, JHawk, AJ and others - not best player - wasn't AS named tournament MVP?
Newton had a great 2023 to start this season but he has been asleep in 2024

Reaction Score
Big contributor as was AS, JHawk, AJ and others - not best player - wasn't AS named tournament MVP?
Newton had a great 2023 to start this season but he has been asleep in 2024
I mean, I don't need him named the tourney MVP to say he was the best player in the championship game. These are 2 different things.

Reaction Score

Are you jealous because hating on us is supposed to be your exclusive job?

;)

Reaction Score
The fact that Cam hasn’t been an honorable mention yet is crazy. He should be in the discussion for BE POTY right now.
I was curious who else was named to the honor roll so I just looked it up. Yeah I'd say Spencer has a pretty good case. But whatever.

Reaction Score
PlayerTeamPOTWFOTWHonor Role
Pierre BrooksButler1
Jahmyl TelfortButler2
Jalen ThomasButler1
Trey AlexanderCreighton12
Baylor ScheiermanCreighton11
Ryan KalkbrennerCreighton1
Chico CarterDePaul1
Rowan BrumbaughGeorgetown1
Dontrez StylesGeorgetown1
Jayden EppsGeorgetown1
Kam JonesMarquette1
Tyler KolekMarquette12
Oso IghodaroMarquette1
Sean JonesMarquette1
Devin CarterPeeCee12
Bryce HopkinsPeeCee3
Kadary RichmondSeton Hall22
Al-Amir DawesSeton Hall11
Isaiah ColemanSeton Hall2
Joel SorianoSt. John's4
Brady DunlapSt. John's1
Daniss JenkinsSt. John's1
Donovan ClinganUConn1
Stephon CastleUConn4
Alex KarabanUConn4
Tristen NewtonUConn3
Solomon BallUConn1
Eric DixonVillanova12
Tyler BurtonVillanova1
Desmond ClaudeXavier2
Lazar DjokovicXavier1
Quincy OlivariXavier3

a day late to this, but here is the updated tracker. as others have said, cam spencer is extremely conspicuous in his absence from this list.

surprisingly, kalkbrenner also received his first nod of the year this week. both likely to make all-BE teams, i would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom