BE Weekly Honors | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BE Weekly Honors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is this really the biggest concern today? A healthy Clingan is all I can dream about. You can keep all the PoW's, just let the big guy play!!

Reaction Score
I wish I had a dollar for every UConn conspiracy theory post on this board. It’s nauseating.

The refs hate us, the writers hate us, ESPN hates us, recruits hate us, etc etc etc
I wish I had a dollar every time you whined about the posts. It's pathetic.

Reaction Score

clingan and castle honored this week. castle running away with freshman of the year.

i didn't watch a second of creighton basketball this week, but would have thought that devin carter would be the obvious pick for player of the week.

tracker:

PlayerTeamPOTWFOTWHonor Role
Pierre BrooksButler1
Jahmyl TelfortButler2
Jalen ThomasButler1
DJ DavisButler1
Trey AlexanderCreighton22
Baylor ScheiermanCreighton11
Ryan KalkbrennerCreighton2
Chico CarterDePaul1
Rowan BrumbaughGeorgetown1
Dontrez StylesGeorgetown1
Jayden EppsGeorgetown1
Kam JonesMarquette1
Tyler KolekMarquette13
Oso IghodaroMarquette2
Sean JonesMarquette1
Devin CarterPeeCee14
Bryce HopkinsPeeCee3
Rich BarronPeeCee1
Kadary RichmondSeton Hall23
Al-Amir DawesSeton Hall11
Isaiah ColemanSeton Hall2
Joel SorianoSt. John's5
Brady DunlapSt. John's1
Daniss JenkinsSt. John's1
Donovan ClinganUConn2
Stephon CastleUConn5
Alex KarabanUConn4
Tristen NewtonUConn13
Solomon BallUConn1
Eric DixonVillanova12
Tyler BurtonVillanova1
Desmond ClaudeXavier3
Lazar DjokovicXavier1
Quincy OlivariXavier3

Reaction Score
So who was Castle playing for last week?!

1706547865551.png

Reaction Score
Is this really the biggest concern today? A healthy Clingan is all I can dream about. You can keep all the PoW's, just let the big guy play!!
Individual awards are nice.

I think that UCONN has built a TEAM first mentality and believe that the players just want to see the wins keep coming. To be part of the last team standing in April is much more meaningful than a weekly award in January which means someone had two good or great games in a row - season long consistency is much better.

Reaction Score

castle continues to dominate the freshman of the week honors and tristen gets an honor role nod as well. honestly thought there was a chance castle got player of the week this week as well, but olivari certainly deserves it as well.

Stephon Castle, UConn, G, Fr. – Castle wins Freshman honors for the sixth time this season and the fifth time in the last six weeks. In a 2-0 week, Castle recorded consecutive career scoring highs with 20 points in a 74-65 win over Providence and 21 points in a 77-64 victory at St. John’s. For the two games, he shot 53.8 percent from the floor and 66.7 percent from 3-point range.

Tristen Newton, UConn, G, Gr. – Recorded two double-doubles in a 2-0 week. Averaged 17.0 points, 10.5 rebounds and 5.0 assists. In a win over St. John’s (77-64), had 18 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists.

Reaction Score
updated tracker. dre davis from seton hall gets his first nod.

PlayerTeamPOTWFOTWHonor Role
Pierre BrooksButler1
Jahmyl TelfortButler3
Jalen ThomasButler1
DJ DavisButler1
Trey AlexanderCreighton22
Baylor ScheiermanCreighton11
Ryan KalkbrennerCreighton2
Chico CarterDePaul1
Rowan BrumbaughGeorgetown1
Dontrez StylesGeorgetown1
Jayden EppsGeorgetown1
Kam JonesMarquette1
Tyler KolekMarquette14
Oso IghodaroMarquette2
Sean JonesMarquette1
Devin CarterPeeCee14
Bryce HopkinsPeeCee3
Rich BarronPeeCee1
Kadary RichmondSeton Hall23
Al-Amir DawesSeton Hall11
Dre DavisSeton Hall1
Isaiah ColemanSeton Hall2
Joel SorianoSt. John's5
Brady DunlapSt. John's1
Daniss JenkinsSt. John's1
Donovan ClinganUConn2
Stephon CastleUConn6
Alex KarabanUConn4
Tristen NewtonUConn14
Solomon BallUConn1
Eric DixonVillanova13
Tyler BurtonVillanova1
Desmond ClaudeXavier3
Lazar DjokovicXavier1
Quincy OlivariXavier13

Reaction Score
who is regarded as the 2nd best freshman in the conference? seems like Castle already has the award wrapped up

Reaction Score
who is regarded as the 2nd best freshman in the conference? seems like Castle already has the award wrapped up
Preseason it was Garwey Dual from Providence but he’s had a miserable year. Not much else in the BE this year

Reaction Score
For my money, it's Isaiah Coleman but I could see the argument for Swain. Swain's 7/6/5 game against Georgetown is probably the most complete game by a non-UConn freshman this year, which feels crazy to say. Coleman has a lot more upside as a scorer but has also had quite a few no-shows this year.

Reaction Score
He has had a clunker here and there but it’s wild that Cam has not even made one HM. Lotsa guys who aren’t remotely as efficient piling up accolades.

Reaction Score
He has had a clunker here and there but it’s wild that Cam has not even made one HM. Lotsa guys who aren’t remotely as efficient piling up accolades.
Most underrated player in the country based on these honors. Talk to UConn fans, Hurley, and opposing coaches and they know. Non UConn college basketball fans I know Cam is the first player they bring up from UConn.

Reaction Score
Most underrated player in the country based on these honors. Talk to UConn fans, Hurley, and opposing coaches and they know. Non UConn college basketball fans I know Cam is the first player they bring up from UConn.
Does the media vote for these honors ?

Reaction Score
I think it's the coaches.
If it is the coaches, then they should be asked why he’s not getting the votes that he deserves.
It would be nice to see who votes and whom they vote for each week. May be telling as to why he hasn’t even made HM.

Reaction Score
Will be really interesting to see the Big East POTY & First/Second/honorable mentions.

Keep sleeping on Cam though Big East. He seems like a kid who could use a little more motivation….

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
After Castle that's a surprisingly weak crop of freshman in the Big East. The second-best freshmen may be hidden on UConn's bench right now, not getting the minutes on a stacked team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom