BE Title Game | Page 6 | The Boneyard

BE Title Game

Reaction Score
LOL

Your posts were literally:

I get that you're shifting the goalposts, and hey, your position has evolved! That's fine. But don't mistake me for a fool.
You know you can make the NBA without getting drafted right?? Free agency….10 day contracts….. He’s not on any top 50 draft prospects list anywhere…. Prove me wrong….

Reaction Score
I'm guessing you haven't watched both players play throughout their careers. This is getting tedious.
You said Fredette wasn’t a point guard in college and he literally had the ball in his hands 95% of the time…. Led the team in assists and had more assists per game than your man Gillespie in his career.

Reaction Score
You know you can make the NBA without getting drafted right?? Free agency….10 day contracts….. He’s not on any top 50 draft prospects list anywhere…. Prove me wrong….
Why? You're not only disingenuous: you're boring.

Peace.

Reaction Score
You said Fredette wasn’t a point guard in college and he literally had the ball in his hands 95% of the time…. Led the team in assists and had more assists per game than your man Gillespie in his career.
I said he has no floor game, he's a 6'1 unathletic chucker/scoring machine. You said Gillespie will never sniff the NBA and then said you think Gillespie will be an NBA player. You sound like a crazy person.

Reaction Score
I said he has no floor game, he's a 6'1 unathletic chucker/scoring machine. You said Gillespie will never sniff the NBA and then said you think Gillespie will be an NBA player. You sound like a crazy person.
and Gillespie is athletic? Both of them are unathletic 6’2 shoot first point guards. That’s why I made the comparison. Gillespie won’t be able to get his shot off in the nba. He won’t be able to use his forearm shiver push off move that he loves so much and he certainly won’t be able to post his man up cuz he’ll likely be the smallest man on the court. Hell he has trouble beating his man in college right now without pushing off almost every single time he drives….

Last time I’m interacting with you here because you have reading comprehension issues… I said Gillespie might sniff the end of an nba bench as a free agent or on a 10 day contract but he won’t get drafted and won’t be a rotation player. He’s not on any nba draft lists I’ve seen anywhere. Ya he might make an nba team at some point as a free agent or through the G league but I doubt he’ll be a contributor. He’s just not athletic enough to play the 1 in the nba. That’s why he’s been in college for 5 years now. If it was gonna happen for him it would have happened by now…..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The program is in the correct upward trajectory. It should not be used as a crutch, but UConn was in the abyss in 2017-2019. Especially in 2017 and 2018. Those two years were worse than the Dom Perno years
Not even close
2016-17 - 16-17(9-9)
2017-18 - 14-18 (7-11) with 4th Natty in 2014

With Perno - 4 straight losing seasons, no post season, no wins in confetence tournament, no national footprint, no Natties at all

Reaction Score
and Gillespie is athletic? Both of them are unathletic 6’2 shoot first point guards. That’s why I made the comparison. Gillespie won’t be able to get his shot off in the nba. He won’t be able to use his forearm shiver push off move that he loves so much and he certainly won’t be able to post his man up cuz he’ll likely be the smallest man on the court. Hell he has trouble beating his man in college right now without pushing off almost every single time he drives….

Last time I’m interacting with you here because you have reading comprehension issues… I said Gillespie might sniff the end of an nba bench as a free agent or on a 10 day contract but he won’t get drafted and won’t be a rotation player. He’s not on any nba draft lists I’ve seen anywhere. Ya he might make an nba team at some point as a free agent or through the G league but I doubt he’ll be a contributor. He’s just not athletic enough to play the 1 in the nba. That’s why he’s been in college for 5 years now. If it was gonna happen for him it would have happened by now…..
I’ve got no dog in this fight, but your exact words in post 103 were “he’ll never sniff the nba”. In this post you say “he might make an nba team”. You cannot have both.

Reaction Score

Gillespie just did and he’ll never sniff the nba…
This is what I was responding to. It's not taken out of context, it's exactly what you said. Myself and EnochRoot pointed out several times how you moved the goalposts and you simply won't own it. You're playing it off that "Gillespie just did and he'll never sniff the nba" is the same as Gillespie will be an NBA player.

Nobody likes a gaslighter.

I never said Gillespie is athletic, I said he's a point guard. His floor game is what will give him a chance to make an NBA roster at some point. Jimmer doesn't have a floor game, he was an undersized NBA shooting guard.

Reaction Score
Actually basketball was changed a long time ago by all HOF center
George Mikan. No I’m not talking about him as the transforming big because that was even before AZ ‘s time.
No he did it as president of the ABA. when he adopted the three point shot from the defunct ABL who never got off the ground. He also introduced the slam dunk contest .and the red white and blue basketball
To quote the late Meatloaf 2 out of 3 ain’t bad .
I use to watch the Nets , because they had Super John Williamson from Wilbur Cross.They also had
The great Dr J from UMass, Brian Taylor Princeton , Billy Paultz St John
and Larry Kenyon Memphis. It probably was the first ABA team I felt was competitive with the NBA teams plus more fun to watch .
They were down 11with around a minute to go ,generally in basketball at the time it’s game over.
The Good Dr hits a three and their down 8
they get a stop and he hits another 3 and it’s 5
another stop another three and it’s a 2 pt game the other team misses and Irving hits another three just as the game ends the Nets win.
I thought to myself the game will never be the same. The three point shot had been around but that minute was a demonstration of it’s power as a game changer.
The three point play changed basketball Curry is a logical end product of something that was destined.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom