BE Title Game | Page 5 | The Boneyard

BE Title Game

Reaction Score
Good Lord do the Duke fans look stunned. 14 down with a couple minutes to go. Haven't had occasion to watch them recently, and had forgotten how much K looks like a rat.
I’ve been fading Duke for 2 weeks now. It’s been profitable. I bet the get knocked off before the 2nd weekend. They don’t play a lick of defense. Actually I hope they’re our #1 seed.

Reaction Score
I’ve been fading Duke for 2 weeks now. It’s been profitable. I bet the get knocked off before the 2nd weekend. They don’t play a lick of defense. Actually I hope they’re our #1 seed.
Bet they're a 3 seed.

Reaction Score
Gillespie just did and he’ll never sniff the nba…

1) Gillespie blew out his knee last year

2) My guess is he gets signed as a free agent (if not drafted in the 2nd round) shortly after the draft.

Reaction Score
1) Gillespie blew out his knee last year

2) My guess is he gets signed as a free agent (if not drafted in the 2nd round) shortly after the draft.
He’s just not quick enough for the nba. He has to resort to push offs to get open in college which he won’t get at the next level. Sorry I just don’t see it. He might be on a roster at some point but I don’t see him being a rotational player in the nba.

Reaction Score
He’s just not quick enough for the nba. He has to resort to push offs to get open in college which he won’t get at the next level. Sorry I just don’t see it. He might be on a roster at some point but I don’t see him being a rotational player in the nba.
If he can hit 38-40% of his three pointers (he was 42.4% this year, and 38.7% over his college career), he'll have a spot on an NBA bench.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I wish there was a consolation game. I really wanted another shot at PC.

Reaction Score
If he can hit 38-40% of his three pointers (he was 42.4% this year, and 38.7% over his college career), he'll have a spot on an NBA bench.
Jimmer Fredette was a much better shooter than Gillespie and couldn’t sniff an nba roster. They’re both about the same athletically. Sorry again I just don’t see it

Reaction Score
Jimmer Fredette was a much better shooter than Gillespie and couldn’t sniff an nba roster. They’re both about the same athletically. Sorry again I just don’t see it
Jimmer was just an undersized chucker/scoring machine, he had no floor game. Gillespie is better than Ryan Arcidiacano who was on the Bulls roster for 4 years.

Reaction Score
Jimmer was just an undersized chucker/scoring machine, he had no floor game. Gillespie is better than Ryan Arcidiacano who was on the Bulls roster for 4 years.
Jimmer and Gillespie are both 6-2…. Same exact size.

Reaction Score
I dunno. I think the Big East carries a bit more cred than the MountainWest Conference does.

Reaction Score
I dunno. I think the Big East carries a bit more cred than the MountainWest Conference does.
Now we’re splitting hairs about competition… in his senior year in the NCAA tournament he averaged 33 - 6 against Gonzaga… Florida… etc…

Reaction Score
Now we’re splitting hairs about competition… in his senior year in the NCAA tournament he averaged 33 - 6 against Gonzaga… Florida… etc…

Splitting hairs? Dude, Fredette was picked 10th in the first round. He had a seven year career in the NBA. Yeah, he was bench fodder. So what.

You're the one saying Gillespie won't see the league.

eta: this argument isn't as effective as you think it might be.

Reaction Score
Splitting hairs? Dude, Fredette was picked 10th in the first round. He had a seven year career in the NBA. Yeah, he was bench fodder. So what.

You're the one saying Gillespie won't see the league.

eta: this argument isn't as effective as you think it might be.
7 year career ? LOL. No…. He signed his rookie deal and when it became glaringly obvious he couldn’t play in the league they started playing him less and less by his 3rd year and released him. Then he signed a few 10 day contracts every year for a few years. I guess if you play 3 games in a year it counts as a year according to you….

And yep I don’t think Gillespie will sniff the league. I’m sure he’ll be on a team but he’ll never be a consistent rotational player…. He’ll be Archidiacano essentially…. The 11th-12th man

Reaction Score
7 year career ? LOL. No…. He signed his rookie deal and when it became glaringly obvious he couldn’t play in the league they started playing him less and less by his 3rd year and released him. Then he signed a few 10 day contracts every year for a few years. I guess if you play 3 games in a year it counts as a year according to you….

And yep I don’t think Gillespie will sniff the league. I’m sure he’ll be on a team but he’ll never be a consistent rotational player…. He’ll be Archidiacano essentially…. The 11th-12th man

Dude. What?

Reaction Score
Dude. What?

Sure I guess if making the league and sitting the bench as the 12th man is your definition of making it or signing 10 day contracts…..however I’ve said 3 times now that I don’t see him as being a consistent rotational player. I guess basic reading comprehension escapes you.

Reaction Score
Sure I guess if making the league and sitting the bench as the 12th man is your definition of making it or signing 10 day contracts…..however I’ve said 3 times now that I don’t see him as being a consistent rotational player. I guess basic reading comprehension escapes you.
LOL

Your posts were literally:

I don’t see him leaving. Why leave early to play in Europe? He’s never getting drafted.

Gillespie just did and he’ll never sniff the nba…

I get that you're shifting the goalposts, and hey, your position has evolved! That's fine. But don't mistake me for a fool.

Reaction Score
well he averaged more assists per game in college for his career than Gillespie 3.7 - 3.1……..
I'm guessing you haven't watched both players play throughout their careers. This is getting tedious.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom