BD Worse than PP? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

BD Worse than PP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ok - that's when he announced when he was leaving (Aug 2013) - not when Moorhead left/Lagow originally committed which is what I was saying your timing was off on.

Yes the article was about his leaving in Aug 2013, but read the whole article, says he originally committed January 2012. Like I said maybe it's a misprint.

Reaction Score
PP stated after being relieved of duties that he was going to start Tim Boyle the next week against USF. Whether he was candid or not, I do not know. What I do know is I pine for the Donald Brown defense that PP oversaw while here.

Reaction Score
Yes the article was about his leaving in Aug 2013, but read the whole article, says he originally committed January 2012. Like I said maybe it's a misprint.

Ah, I see - it's a typo - Scout/247/Rivals and the Boneyard have it as June 11, 2012.

Reaction Score
My mistake, Boyle played but only right after PP got the axe. I still recall PP talking up Boyle over Lagow as far back as spring practice. Joe Moorehead knows quarterbacks and he recruited both those kids (Nebrich and Lagow). We'll never know how good Nebrich could have become, tore his knee up and was not the same after that as far as any pro offers we're concerned. Fordham had a great team, didn't they beat Temple that year?
Which leads me to our current QB Coach. who exactly is Lindberg? Did he ever Coach QBs at a high level before UConn? More than likely, no.
You see the trend with Diaco for coaches at key spots on O? He gives guys theur 1st opportunity at coaching where we need EXPERIENCED guys from the jump. For that alone Coach P, so far, looks like the better Coach even though both appear to be bad hires.

Reaction Score
Which leads me to our current QB Coach. who exactly is Lindberg? Did he ever Coach QBs at a high level before UConn? More than likely, no.
You see the trend with Diaco for coaches at key spots on O? He gives guys theur 1st opportunity at coaching where we need EXPERIENCED guys from the jump. For that alone Coach P, so far, looks like the better Coach even though both appear to be bad hires.
Lineburg played QB at UVA from 92-96 and this is the first time he has coached QB's in college. He has coached WR's and RB's at UVA and coached WR'a and RB's at Richmond in addition to being OC and interim HC there.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
PP had no QBs. Didn't throw RE under the bus or dish out blame like BD!
Except for the continual "the cupboard is bare" comments (made while he inherited two DL's, two LB's and two CB's who all spent at least a little time on NFL rosters, all but one started a number of games in the NFL) P didn't dish out blame.

Reaction Score
Lineburg played QB at UVA from 92-96 and this is the first time he has coached QB's in college. He has coached WR's and RB's at UVA and coached WR'a and RB's at Richmond in addition to being OC and interim HC there.
Interim? How long? 2, 3 games . BUT his first QB coaching opportunity came here? How's that going so far???????

Reaction Score
yes PP was better than this guy. In BD's first game against BYU they at least looked like they belonged on the same field and were playing something that looked like football. Remember him shuffling CC and CW in and out? One of them would get into a little rhythm and he'd take em out. Just like this year when RJ would be brought in the Red zone. Three year later and the team is much worse in almost any facet of the game. So, yes PP >BD and that ain't saying much.

Reaction Score
Interim? How long? 2, 3 games . BUT his first QB coaching opportunity came here? How's that going so far???????
Actually it was for 11 games during the 2011 season and he went 3-8. As far as a QB coach I don't think you are gonna have any arguments he sucks....@FfldCntyFan has heard me saying he has sucked at every home game.

Reaction Score
Next season will be the final season of everyone Pasqualoni recruited.

From 2014 class:

Alec Bloom
Trey Rutherford
Jamar Summers
Arkeel Newsome
Luke Carezolla
Brice McAllister

From 2013 class:
Cole Ormsby
Junior Joseph
Jalen Stevens
Folorunso Fatukasi
Kyle Shafenacker
Tommy Hopkins
Tommy Myers

That's our senior class next season of NLI signing day recruits from Paqualoni.

Diaco didnt get to a bowl game on defense players he recruited.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Next season will be the final season of everyone Pasqualoni recruited.

From 2014 class:

Alec Bloom
Trey Rutherford
Jamar Summers
Arkeel Newsome
Luke Carezolla
Brice McAllister

From 2013 class:
Cole Ormsby
Junior Joseph
Jalen Stevens
Folorunso Fatukasi
Kyle Shafenacker
Tommy Hopkins
Tommy Myers

That's our senior class next season of NLI signing day recruits from Paqualoni.

Diaco didnt get to a bowl game on defense players he recruited.
I'm pretty sure Rutherford was a late surprise brought in by Diaco.

Reaction Score
Nope, you are right, I'm wrong - I always put Matt in same class as Arkeel for some reason.

I didn't think I missed anyone.

The list I put up of seniors next year are the last that Pasqualoni recruited as head coach.

There are a couple of potential NFL players in there, to go with Melifonwu and Thomas this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom