BD Worse than PP? | The Boneyard

BD Worse than PP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I echo the sentiments written on here about the weather (beautiful), game (terrible), coach (needs to go at the end of the season), and BC fans (nice). The two highlights for me were how well UCONN fans represented and how the last whistle of the game was the death knell for BD's tenure as our head coach. He won't be here next season.

The question that we debated at Mary Ann's Bar after the game: Is BD worse than PP? I'm too hung-over to remember the thoughts of my friends, but I know where I stand on the issue. Yes, BD is worse.

Reaction Score
I would say yes. PP gave you the sense the kids never bought in. They bought in for this dude and were sold a bill of goods.

Also as bad as things got in his last game against Buffalo, prior to that, you didn't have the total disarray we've seen for 3.5 weeks now. We could actually score points against the likes of Michigan and Maryland. What we've seen for a month now is incomprehensible for 3rd year Coach. It really is. The whole OC and QB change shows he doesn't believe in his own Program that he instituted.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Bobby ought to give up his coaching career, since it's in shambles anyway, and run for public office, somewhere other than CT, obviously. He's a natural. He spews nothing but nonsense and makes promises he will never keep.

Reaction Score
I say worse. At least Pasaualoni knew about football The team never bought in to his 1980 approach but he tried to win. This guy didn't get that you need to win games and improving on 2 out of three things is meaningless when you get beaten by 30.

Reaction Score
Yes, there was more talent when BD got it then there is now. Shutouts? Really.

Reaction Score
I can't bring myself to say there is anybody worse than PP/GDL when you factor in just plain bad human beings in the mix. They were evil mothers ruining kids. Diaco is just a complete incompetent eph up, self delusional conman. If I had one bullet I still would be for the evil twins.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
BD is worse. There's no doubt in my mind. I'm not even sure what kind of team we can be competitive with now. I hope to God that we can at least be competitive with Tulane, but I'm skeptical...

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Yes oh yes at least PP had head coaching experience

Reaction Score
I echo the sentiments written on here about the weather (beautiful), game (terrible), coach (needs to go at the end of the season), and BC fans (nice). The two highlights for me were how well UCONN fans represented and how the last whistle of the game was the death knell for BD's tenure as our head coach. He won't be here next season.

The question that we debated at Mary Ann's Bar after the game: Is BD worse than PP? I'm too hung-over to remember the thoughts of my friends, but I know where I stand on the issue. Yes, BD is worse.

Your opinion of Diaco's job status does not make it so. He's getting year 4 and there's nothing, outside of ponying up the buyout, you can do about it.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Your opinion of Diaco's job status does not make it so. He's getting year 4 and there's nothing, outside of ponying up the buyout, you can do about it.

Before the BC game, I would have agreed with you. Now I believe they will find a way to move him on. The buyout is tough, but the long-term cost to the university of another year like this is greater than the buyout.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
PP: 13-27
BD: 11-25

PP: Took a conference champion with numerous NFL draft picks and left it a steaming mess.
BD: Can't coach a lick, his successor will determine if he could recruit worth a damn.

PP: On cruise control from day one.
BD: Shinola-machine from day one.

It doesn't matter which is worse, neither are worth dwelling on.

Reaction Score
If he gets year 4, you can kiss whatever is left of the UConn fan base good bye. You'll be lucky if you can 5k in the stands. The foundation implodes. There are 15-20k hardcore that have withstood 6 years of Shiite on the belief things would get turned around. If the admin bails by keeping this azzclown around, you can forget about folks opening their wallets. They lose much more by retaining him.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Bobby ought to give up his coaching career, since it's in shambles anyway, and run for public office, somewhere other than CT, obviously. He's a natural. He spews nothing but nonsense and makes promises he will never keep.
Then he is perfect for this state
Stick a D behind his name and he's a shoe-in

Reaction Score
PP: 13-27
BD: 11-25

PP: Took a conference champion with numerous NFL draft picks and left it a steaming mess.
BD: Can't coach a lick, his successor will determine if he could recruit worth a damn.

PP: On cruise control from day one.
BD: Shinola-machine from day one.

It doesn't matter which is worse, neither are worth dwelling on.
Wait a minute P only won 10 games here no? 5-7, 5-7, and 0-4.

Diaco is still worse.

Reaction Score
Honestly, if PP had played Casey, kept Lagow in the fold and let TJ do his job, we might have been ok. PP was smart enough to hire Don Brown, he seemed to bring in some pretty good players and the defense was solid.

PP was head and shoulders above Diaco in terms of football. It just seems he was a sloppy disciplinarian and way too close to George Deleone for his own good. Diaco is an assistant level coach at this point and that's what he will be soon enough. He'll be happier and so will we.

Reaction Score

The best thing about your post was that it shows you had the presence mind to self medicate after that debacle. As for your question - it's like a Stalin vs Hitler popularity contest (or maybe even last week's election). They both suck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom