BCU Upset Alert???? | The Boneyard

BCU Upset Alert????

Reaction Score
The craziest thing about this game and score is that Clemson isn’t missing Trevor Lawrence at all. The backup QB is putting up huge numbers. BC is just solid.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The craziest thing about this game and score is that Clemson isn’t missing Trevor Lawrence at all. The backup QB is putting up huge numbers. BC is just solid.

Having Travis Etienne is a nice fallback option on offense.
I'm really interested to see if Etienne can by McCaffrey good in NFL. Etienne is just blazing fast as a one-cut back.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Some terrible play calls on those last couple of drives By BCU.

Reaction Score
Question of who is more evil, Clemson or BC as they both kept UConn out of the ACC. Glad BC lost.

Reaction Score
I’m over all my BC hatred. A decade ago our program was on a trajectory to surpass them and our leadership was simply inept. To follow P with that crazy babe in the woods was simply too much to overcome. Frankly, I’m not sure Ward was much help either as he waited for the Michigan gig.

Reaction Score
Question of who is more evil, Clemson or BC as they both kept UConn out of the ACC. Glad BC lost.

Better to have played and lost than to never play a game!

Reaction Score
Better to have played and lost than to never play a game!

meh.

BC program is terrible, UCONN program is a dumpster fire. Both stink, you guys just stink in the ACC and we stink in no conference.

Reaction Score
I was hoping BC would win.. Its not BC's fault that we hired the executives from blockbuster video to make all our athletic decisions. Its Uconns fault, I stopped blaming everyone else at this point

Reaction Score
I’m over all my BC hatred. A decade ago our program was on a trajectory to surpass them and our leadership was simply inept. To follow P with that crazy babe in the woods was simply too much to overcome. Frankly, I’m not sure Ward was much help either as he waited for the Michigan gig.
Warde and Suzie are mostly responsible for the demise of UConn athletics.

Reaction Score
Warde and Suzie are mostly responsible for the demise of UConn athletics.
Please, stop being emo over the damn realignment crap. If you think North Carolina can have 7 FBS teams, with 4 being P5, but UConn's market would never be invited to the P5, when really just maybe not in our lifetimes, then you need help.

Reaction Score
If Notre Dame does ever join the ACC for football and I think they will, we'd very likely be a shoo-in for #16.

Reaction Score
Apparently Addazio didn’t leave the cupboard bare, and Jurkovic has been a really good pickup. They’ve always had big physical lines.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I'll NEVER forgive BC. We made our own mistakes but they made sure we didn't get into the club. Even with inept hiring, we would have at least made $17 M+ a yr in TV rights like Rutgers and BC.

Reaction Score
Please, stop being emo over the damn realignment crap. If you think North Carolina can have 7 FBS teams, with 4 being P5, but UConn's market would never be invited to the P5, when really just maybe not in our lifetimes, then you need help.
I guess I struck a nerve. Truth hurts. I cannot forgive or forget. What happens after my lifetime won't matter to me!

Reaction Score
I guess I struck a nerve. Truth hurts. I cannot forgive or forget. What happens after my lifetime won't matter to me!
No nerve struck. It's delusional ranting. If you want to think that struck a nerve, fine. I am fine with the truth. College football has a huge market.

Reaction Score
Never gonna happen.
College football has a very strong market with kroom for growth, especially in the northeast. Someone will add us, disbelieve all you want. Basic Business 101.

You guys realize the Hartford-New Haven corridor alone is more populated than a good percentage of areas with pro teams, right? That's why UConn has been able to grow so much.

Reaction Score
Butch has always been overly optimistic on this subject, but he’s right. UConn really has a great market for good programs. It has a densely concentrated population/fan base located close to tons of major airports and it offers easy access to lots of people in NY and Boston that follow other major schools. We are in this situation for one reason only, failure to hire a great football coach. We’d have been in the ACC years ago. Our fate in future realignment continues to hinge on making the football program an exciting product. It is hard to imagine but if we had both our b-ball programs in the Top 10 (very likely) and football in the Top 25 or even Top 40, we’d be hard to resist—-just like we were when Edsall up and left in the middle of the night.

Reaction Score
College football has a very strong market with kroom for growth, especially in the northeast. Someone will add us, disbelieve all you want. Basic Business 101.

You guys realize the Hartford-New Haven corridor alone is more populated than a good percentage of areas with pro teams, right? That's why UConn has been able to grow so much.

To add on to your train of thought: One of my tailgate buddies works in the home building supply industry. Last night he said that the documented COVID flight of New Yorkers to the Connecticut suburbs is real. Fairfield County is already overshopped for affordable housing &, as a result, New York homebuyers are actively exploring buying options in New Haven, Litchfield & Hartford counties. The residual effect is escalation of home sale prices. It's a sellers market. As an example. My own home & the one next door were built 20 years ago by the same builder. My neighbor recently retired to move down South. His house sold for roughly double what he paid for it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom