BCU ? Notre Dame | The Boneyard

BCU ? Notre Dame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I guess they won't be winning a National Championship this year!!!!! That 16 ranking for ND appears to have been a liitle high eh? I wonder how the national media who have been trying to prop up ND as BCS contenders will spin this one?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Every year they talk about this being the year for ND to return to prominence. That opening drive had me thinking maybe this year might possibly be different. Then USF got the scoop and score and ND rolled over.

ND football is nothing more than a program for underachievers who want to play at a historic program and think that putting the jersey on will make them winners.

Reaction Score
Looks like Dave Kelly is losing it !!! Screaming at his players !!!

Reaction Score
I guess they won't be winning a National Championship this year!!!!! That 16 ranking for ND appears to have been a liitle high eh? I wonder how the national media who have been trying to prop up ND as BCS contenders will spin this one?
If ND doesn't turn it over they win by 3-4 TD's. They outgained them 504-248 and had countless opportunities. If it continues they suck, if they don't turn it over they have many gifted offensive threats who most teams willnot have fun defending. Question is can "dave" Kelly get the DB's to make the plays.

Reaction Score
If ND doesn't turn it over they win by 3-4 TD's. They outgained them 504-248 and had countless opportunities. If it continues they suck, if they don't turn it over they have many gifted offensive threats who most teams willnot have fun defending. Question is can "dave" Kelly get the DB's to make the plays.
Well said Mark May ;)

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
2011-September-3-16-30-46.jpg

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

If BJ Daniels ever learned how to be a QB, USF wins that game by 30. BJ Daniels could hold a clinic on dancing around in his own backfield for 5 seconds, then making a couple of good moves to avoid the rush, then tucking to run, then seeing someone downfield open and pulling up to pass it, then deciding he should run, then avoiding another tackler and diving ahead for a spectacular 1 yard gain.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Reaction Score
IF ND scores more points that USF they win the game.....Once again the Irish are over-ranked. Let's be honest, if they played in the BE would they have a winning record? I do not think so.

Reaction Score
IF ND scores more points that USF they win the game.....Once again the Irish are over-ranked. Let's be honest, if they played in the BE would they have a winning record? I do not think so.
I like to think yet again that a BE team was under rated in comparison. USF took advantage of nearly every mistake ND made, like a good team should do, and played a very disciplined game not giving ND the opportunity to make up for theirs.

Reaction Score
I like to think yet again that a BE team was under rated in comparison. USF took advantage of nearly every mistake ND made, like a good team should do, and played a very disciplined game not giving ND the opportunity to make up for theirs.

And Skip Holtz is a very good coach.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle , if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass when he hopped, if Ifs and buts were candy and nuts it would be Christmas all year long. If, if,if,if,if. Typical ND excuse making whiner

Reaction Score
If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle , if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass when he hopped, if Ifs and buts were candy and nuts it would be Christmas all year long. If, if,if,if,if. Typical ND excuse making whiner

If wishes were horses then poor men would ride (and ND would be relevant).

Reaction Score

I believe ND will be good this year, and will continue to do well with Coach Kelley leading the way, but they lost yesterday because USF played better. I understand they are kind of like DUKE basketball and everybody likes to pile on since they have the unfair/sweet BCS deal and get the NBC infomercial coverage, but I do think they'll do well moving forward.

As for their loss this weekend though, USF earned that win, plain and simple. Jerrel Young made a great play to strip the ND player of the ball at the goal line-they earned that turnover. USF is the reason that 14-point swing took place, not a giveaway by ND. Yardage gained is one piece of the puzzle in analyzing a game, but an overrated piece. What's more important is making BIG plays at critical times.

You can analyze ANY game and say "If you take away the great plays made by the other team, then 'Team X' would have won!" Well, of course they would have-the team that makes the most big plays generally DOES win.

Reaction Score
I believe ND will be good this year, and will continue to do well with Coach Kelley leading the way, but they lost yesterday because USF played better. I understand they are kind of like DUKE basketball and everybody likes to pile on since they have the unfair/sweet BCS deal and get the NBC infomercial coverage, but I do think they'll do well moving forward.

As for their loss this weekend though, USF earned that win, plain and simple. Jerrel Young made a great play to strip the ND player of the ball at the goal line-they earned that turnover. USF is the reason that 14-point swing took place, not a giveaway by ND. Yardage gained is one piece of the puzzle in analyzing a game, but an overrated piece. What's more important is making BIG plays at critical times.

You can analyze ANY game and say "If you take away the great plays made by the other team, then 'Team X' would have won!" Well, of course they would have-the team that makes the most big plays generally DOES win.

Depends on what you mean by good. Is 8 wins good, 9, 10? Given a # 16 preseason, last year #16 AP poll won 11 games. Not sure how good Michigan, MS, Pitt, BCU, Stanford, Navy, Air Force or Maryland will be as the year goes on but don't see ND as big favorites in games against teams not called USF, Wake, Purdue or Army (and we saw how USF turned out).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom