BCU fails to guard its turf vrs UMass | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BCU fails to guard its turf vrs UMass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How can you have a business discussion without accounting for the profitability of 2 distinct entities? That's not relevant here?

Blowhard.

So you are saying it was more profitable for UConn Woman to play at Holy Cross vs. BC Men playing at Holy Cross? I am guessing the UConn Woman would put more people in Gampel for a home game vs. Holy Cross than BC Men would for a home game vs. Holy Cross. Makes even less sense for UConn Woman to play a road game at Holy Cross.

Answer this, why would the UConn Woman's Basketball team play a game on the road vs. Holy Cross at the DCU Center. Why wouldn't they insist that Holy Cross travel to Storrs?

Reaction Score
Why in the world are we discussing where BC plays its basketball games? There aren't five BC fans who care -- how could this board care.

Everything that needed to be said in this discussion was said with "man, they suck."

Reaction Score
Would you trade places with them? As in be a member of the ACC, but have a declining BB and Football program, but maintain our dominance in Women's Basketball (like their Ice Hockey).
Sorry it took so long to reply, I just checked in here. I would answer your question yes. The reason is that with one strong sport and a position in two stable conferences (Hockey East & ACC) which provide you should have the resources to turn around the other two. If you do or not is a different story, but at least the resources should be there to do it.

I am afraid that we on the other hand may find ourselves in a position where resources constrain all sports. Both men's and women's BB do well but from what I read from posters on these boards the sellouts are getting harder to come by. I could be totally wrong on this but that is the impression I have from here. Football to me is still a work in progress. Another season like this one and who knows. Somewhere here several posters were bemoaning the fact that they expect season tickets to take a hit next year. Hopefully that does not happen, if it does I see us in deep do-do for several years.

Reaction Score
We knew going in it was going to be an ugly year. When you have this many FR and they are all guys(for the most part) that need a year or two it's no surprise not concerned at all about the record this year. If there is improvement throughout the year this year is a success. Women's basketball is something that is going downhill. The recruiting has been excellent but the coach can't coach at all.

Reaction Score
We knew going in it was going to be an ugly year. When you have this many FR and they are all guys(for the most part) that need a year or two it's no surprise not concerned at all about the record this year. If there is improvement throughout the year this year is a success. Women's basketball is something that is going downhill. The recruiting has been excellent but the coach can't coach at all.
On this board that's not a good enough excuse.....Down with bcu!!!!!!!!!!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I am comparing teams from a major conference playing a game at a smaller conference's local arena. More of a business discussion than the popularity of men's and woman's basketball. Why would UConn Woman's Basketball pass up on a home payday which would draw 6-7000 fans to Gampel vs. a road game in Worcester. When BC goes to play a longtime Jesuit rival it is patently absurd. However when the most recognizable team in Woman's basketball does it we are comparing Men's and Woman's basketball. I guess when you have no reasonable rebuttal you change the subject.
The reason the UConn women played Holy Cross in Worcester is because HC coach Bill Gibbons is one of Geno Auriemma's best friends and Geno will help out a friend whenever he can. The two programs have played since Geno started at UConn, when HC was a power and UConn was a sad, start-up program.

Geno's helped out friends by playing on their home court a number of times. He's very loyal to his friends.

Reaction Score
The reason the UConn women played Holy Cross in Worcester is because HC coach Bill Gibbons is one of Geno Auriemma's best friends and Geno will help out a friend whenever he can. The two programs have played since Geno started at UConn, when HC was a power and UConn was a sad, start-up program.

Geno's helped out friends by playing on their home court a number of times. He's very loyal to his friends.

HuskyNan - I understand completely what you are saying. It was also hoped that the UConn faithful would make the drive up I84 and bring a pretty good payday to Holy Cross. Whomever was dumping on BC men's hoops for playing a game at Holy Cross calling it patently absurd to be doing that. I pointed out the logic as to why BC did this and said if it was patently absurd for BC to do that wasn't it also patently absurd for the UConn Woman as well. Since he lacked a logical rebuttal he resorted to calling names. Not surprising.

I believe this was the last year in the HC-Uconn contract. Some in Worcester are questioning the logic of playing UConn and being a punching bag for the UConn Woman. Coach Gibbons believes playing teams of the caliber of UConn will help his woman when they get into Patriot League play.

Happy Thanksgiving to all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99