BC Interruption: " it, Time to Play UConn in Football" | The Boneyard

BC Interruption: " it, Time to Play UConn in Football"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BC Interruption said:
We are UConn's superior.

They have an inferior football past, an inferior football future, and an inferior football present. They have inferior academics, a student section of neanderthals (when they show up), and alumni who go to football games in hoops jerseys talking about how great Maya Moore is while their team punts for the 5th time of the quarter.

They're so easy to hate. And this is exactly why it's time to regularly play them. I've supported telling UConn to pound sand for years since the lawsuit, but enough time has passed and it would be too much fun.

http://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...07/-it-time-to-play-uconn-huskies-in-football

funny how they never wanted to play us when we were actually a winning program.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They didn't want to play us when they were a winning program, either.

But, bloggers aside, a competitive nature is not something in great supply in Chestnut Hill, so this isn't likely to happen.

Reaction Score
The lawsuit is a convenient excuse for legitimate fear. They are in UConn country and are too insulated to realize it.

Reaction Score
They better play us this year. Since that's not possible, I'd imagine this clown's opinion will change in the coming years.

Reaction Score
The lawsuit is a convenient excuse for legitimate fear. They are in UConn country and are too insulated to realize it.
Insulted to admit it you mean.

Reaction Score
"Some of you express disinterest at a series against UConn. Give it one game against the obnoxious Huskies and I promise you, you'll think the game against UMass was like playing Elon."

..... men's and women hoops have happened, and soon...Hockey East this coming season.
The chill has to be COMPLETELY thawed by Warde. NOW!!!! BOOK the freakin game.....
Football, H & H on rivalry weekend in November would pack out both stadiums.!!!!!!!!!

you mf eagle ; I have to work, golf and cohabitate with Eagle fans and so sick of their s**tzkah!!..... I'm already getting pumped seeing this...and I have grey hair and promise to be on good behavior...YEAH RIGHT!!!

Reaction Score
Different sport but its absurd for BC to ever rip on student attendance.

Boston-College-Student-Section.jpg

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
So bizarre how fans of rival schools don't want to play us "because they get nothing out of it". Sports are fun because of rivalries. Everything else is just an excuse.

I love the Cuse guy in the comments goes "god forbid they actually beat us".

Didn't we beat them like 5 out of the last 6 times we played them?

Side note: I hate when our same fans, say the same thing about playing PC in hoops.

Just man up and play.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
BC fans are sinking into irrelevance, since no one in the ACC gives a rat's ass about their program. Pitt actually seems to have a pulse this year, I wonder if they assbang the Eagles tomorrow?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I suspect that they realize it only too well.

Salzano14

Deep in enemy territory
Reaction Score
lol

Attachments

• pic.gif
    pic.gif
    642.4 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm just happy UConn fans stayed off their site, because really, who really cares what goes on at BCI? For a group of fans that feel that UConn is irrelevant, they sure spend a hell of a lot of time writing articles about us? Two already this week.

Salzano14

Deep in enemy territory
Reaction Score
Made an account here just to respond to this thread. lol
I've had an account since 2012. First post tho.

I'm just happy UConn fans stayed off their site, because really, who really cares what goes on at BCI? For a group of fans that feel that UConn is irrelevant, they sure spend a hell of a lot of time writing articles about us? Two already this week.
Both written by me. I'm the one who wants to play you guys, after all.

I don't think me making fun of you on BCI (because really, who really cares what goes on at BCI?) makes you relevant tho.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
It's kind of ridiculous that there isn't a UCONN/BC annual game. Either rotate the series between home stadiums or play the game every year at Gillette. New England college football needs this and, like it or not, both programs need this. Each fanbase needs a game on the schedule that sends our collective northeast blood pressure through the roof.

The view around the country, right or wrong, is that northeast football is lethargic. This series would certainly wake up sports fans in the area and losing the game would definitely ruin some dinners. It would definitely ignite some passion and, perhaps, start to change the lethargic label that northeast college football has pinned to it.

Reaction Score

I don't think me making fun of you on BCI (because really, who really cares what goes on at BCI?) makes you relevant tho.

You do realize, don't you, that last season marked the first in the last six in which BC had a better squad than we did?

Never has a school talked so much and won so little. (Excluding Rutgers, of course.)

Reaction Score
It's kind of ridiculous that there isn't a UCONN/BC annual game. Either rotate the series between home stadiums or play the game every year at Gillette. New England college football needs this and, like it or not, both programs need this. Each fanbase needs a game on the schedule that sends our collective northeast blood pressure through the roof.

The view around the country, right or wrong, is that northeast football is lethargic. This series would certainly wake up sports fans in the area and losing the game would definitely ruin some dinners. It would definitely ignite some passion and, perhaps, start to change the lethargic label that northeast college football has pinned to it.

I agree 100%. Southern schools think NE football a joke, however if they ever get to see a UConn/BCU series which gets the juices flowing in New England, sells out the stadium, and showcases a serious rivalry then they will be informed. It's time for UConn and BCU to make their programs stronger by establishing a yearly rival game.

Reaction Score
They have to be right up there with the top programs when it comes to an undeserved sense of superiority. They use the ACC to prop up that sense and all the other members of that conference and their fanbases think they're a joke and don't want them. At least us UConn fans have the good sense to realize that our football team sucks right now.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
God... BC is such a joke. The ACC didn't help things up there for them. That lame-asz stadium they have is still half empty too. NO ONE CARES ABOUT COLLEGE FOOTBALL IN BOSTON. ITS A PRO SPORTS TOWN. BC needs to realize that if they want a strong Northeast, for recruitng and fan base sake, geographic rivalries and having these 'boarder battles' are important. Just schedule a home and home w/ Uconn and get it over with!

Reaction Score

Uconn? inferior? BC? superior? WTF? Are you talking about the same BC who struggled against Umass (with a first year HC) till the last couple minutes of the 3rd quarter?

Salzano14

Deep in enemy territory
Reaction Score
Uconn? inferior? BC? superior? WTF? Are you talking about the same BC who struggled against Umass (with a first year HC) till the last couple minutes of the 3rd quarter?
I see you didn't watch the game (I don't blame you, no one else outside of Foxboro watched that curbstomping). Midway through the third quarter BC had out-gained UMass on the ground 302-0. It was every bit the virtual FBS/FCS matchup it was billed to be. Well, I mean, for most FBS teams. Didn't mean to reopen old wounds.

Anyway I didn't realize getting bent over by BYU at home coming off a 3-9 season suddenly made you guys super t3h awesomez.

You probably should have put together a different retort. Good luck against Stony Brook though.

Reaction Score
http://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...07/-it-time-to-play-uconn-huskies-in-football

Grant Salzano's If someone has something important to say, whisper it.

No interest in BC, Pitt, UMass, ND, or Syracuse. I'd much rather play Rutgers once in a while. At least they are never boring. Add Army and Navy too.

What a mess Gene DeFilippo and friends made. Turned BC, Syracuse and Pitt into outliers in a southern league and UConn into a diminished football program. Everyone is less than what they were. Mission accomplished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom