BC Clown

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
why give him attention

he's going to die an uninformed ignorant Jim Calhoun hater

the best thing we can do is enjoy the ride, and laugh at the likes of him night and day

Reaction Score
As a dean for graduate programs at BC's business school Zola is responsible for ensuring that corporations and funds will continue to work around laws, rules, and regulations that may negatively impact them. Interesting that he is so critical of a university athletic program that at worst did the same thing.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
It is surprising that an assistant dean has the time to moonlight writing articles about another school’s athletic programs. Perhaps “providing strategic direction and integration of non-academic and operational functions for the graduate management programs” (i.e.he plays a supporting rather than academic role) is not all that time consuming. Then again, maybe not since apparently took no time to research the article. His comment that Bradley is taking the spot of a more qualified student speaks that lack research and may well be racially motivated.

Reaction Score
edit
Please don't encourage people to hit the link for anti-UConn slime pieces. It drives traffic to the site and that's exactly what they want.

Reaction Score
I don't understand what UMass has to do with this.

Anyway, I think that the topic of Bradley giving up his scholarship is a valid subject for articles -- but I think this particular piece is misguided. The reference to the non-athlete student who will get his/her aid cut as a result of Bradley going off scholarship is nonsense. UConn may not be sitting on a $10+ billion endowment, but there is $40,000 available for Bradley, not to mention the fact that it insinuates that Bradley isn't worthy of the aid.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Why is Bradley supposed to be guaranteed a scholarship? In high school, you can make the varsity team your freshman year then be cut your sophomore year. Why should college be any different?

Reaction Score
Please inundate this clown with negative comments.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/warren-k-zola/uconn-ncaa-rules_b_948037.html[/quote]

Not worth our time - you would expect the asst dean to do a bit more homework but after all, this is BC. His school has officially been annointed the black sheep of the ACC, stealing this title from Maryland. They will never win anything and in New England only hockey can claim significance in the world of athletics. It is amazing he picked on UConn yet predictable as the jealousy continues by those who may root for thos Beagles. Just let it go and laugh to yourself as he is as significant in print as BC is in the ACC.

Reaction Score
Why is Bradley supposed to be guaranteed a scholarship? In high school, you can make the varsity team your freshman year then be cut your sophomore year. Why should college be any different?

It is one thing to tell a kid at the end of the spring semester that he won't be invited back or given a scholarship for the following year...quite another for it to happen one week before classes start...

Reaction Score
The guy's whole point in the story is not really that UConn is doing horrible things, but that HE'S the only one who cares and shouldn't we all be impressed at how high his standards are and how low everyone else has fallen. What the hell.

Reaction Score
As long as they shoot their wad now and leave UConn alone come tourney time I'm fine with that. Somehow I think it won't work that way though.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It is one thing to tell a kid at the end of the spring semester that he won't be invited back or given a scholarship for the following year...quite another for it to happen one week before classes start...

Being uncomfortable with this is fine. What bothers me is the thought that I keep reading that Bradley not getting a scholarship all 5 years is somehow unfair because he grew up in a group home.

If Drummond had committed in April, and Bradley's scholly was taken then, people would still bitch and moan about this (not you, just people in general).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom