OT: - 'Bazz Traded to Nuggets! | The Boneyard

OT: 'Bazz Traded to Nuggets!

Reaction Score
Good chance he'll play big minutes for the Wizards, since they just shipped out their starting PG in Isaiah Thomas.

I think the Wizards situation is better than the Wolves. Both teams stink, but the Wolves were on an epic losing streak.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing Bazz would rather give up minutes to be on a winning team
Bazz is playing for his next contract and survival, playing as much as he was for the TWolves was a much better option then being buried on the Nuggets bench. He should have a decent opportunity to get some minutes on the Wiz since IT was flipped, but still competition with Ish and Payton.

Reaction Score
Yeah I appreciate the Bazz wants to win sentiment, but he could realistically double his lifetime earnings or make $0 additional, depending on how he plays over the next few months. He had such a slow start to the season that he needs to play enough to show it was a slump he's climbed out of. He's currently on a league minimum contract and has been traded 3 times in the last year. Not good signs.

Not playing would be a death sentence, and he'd likely get a bunch of DNPs on the Nuggets behind Murray and Morris. Meanwhile there are 25 minutes for him nightly on Washington.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing no one under the age of 35 thinks this way

I’m 62 and I understand he needs the minutes to get another NBA contract. If he can get 2-3 years that’s gets him to 31/32 and maybe another short term contract. He is not only playing for current salary, but future earnings. I believe each year he plays is another 12K per year in retirement, up to 10 years. Benefits kick in at age 50. A lot of money at stake.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
someone take the needle off the KO record - it has another skip

Best of luck Bazz wherever you end up. A great Husky and I have a feeling there may be better opportunities ahead

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Why would you wish the KO track on anyone - friend or foe.

Sensitive, eh? I didn't say he'd get divorced and fall flat on his face like KO. I'm merely pointing out that one of the perceived benefits of hiring KO in the first place was that he experienced something like 13 different coaches and systems during his playing career, leading to a wealth of knowledge that should've had long term benefits.

Remember a few years ago when JC handpicked him and pretty much everyone agreed that that broad experience would be an asset?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Lotta love for our guy in this thread...

Dying for Shabazz to find a place where he can play 20 MPG the next five years. Hopefully Washington is it.

Reaction Score
Lotta love for our guy in this thread...

Dying for Shabazz to find a place where he can play 20 MPG the next five years. Hopefully Washington is it.

Was excited to be able to watch him when he was traded to Denver, but DC is definitely a better situation for him. Lot of my friends in DC area are big fans after just 1 game

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That thread had still another Nets fan singing his praises.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom