Bazz 1st team All AAC, Amida All Rookie Team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bazz 1st team All AAC, Amida All Rookie Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone saying Shabazz deserves conference player of the year is being a homer, Kilpatrick deserves it.

Nnocu

Poplar Poster
Reaction Score
And that's why AAC teams will advance further in the tournament than Big 12 teams. I'll take the AAC's (Senior) guards every day before the Big 12's (Freshman) forwards.
I was referring to the ACC's forwards, who are very talented and not all freshman.

Reaction Score
Anyone saying Shabazz deserves conference player of the year is being a homer, Kilpatrick deserves it.

Bazz - 18 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals, 43/40/88, 25.9 PER

Kilpatrick - 21 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 42/35/84, 26.7 PER

Smith - 18 points, 4 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals, 47/39/70, 26.5 PER

All three of them would be good picks. I'd probably give the nod to Kilpatrick because of the numbers Kobe posted, but by no means are you a homer if you think Shabazz deserves it.

Reaction Score

All three of them would be good picks. I'd probably give the nod to Kilpatrick because of the numbers Kobe posted, but by no means are you a homer if you think Shabazz deserves it.
The numbers are close for all three but UConn finished behind both teams and Bazz had the worst game out of any of them. It sucks but in the last and arguably biggest game to make a statement, UConn got destroyed and Bazz had a horrific day. Shabazz and Kilpatrick are both more important to their team than Smith is in my opinion but Shabazz just wasn't good enough in the head to head matchups to win CPOY.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score

Personally, I'd give up 3 ppg for 2 rebounds, 2 assists (equating to 4-6 points) and a steal.

"Clutch" also doesn't show up in a stat line.

Reaction Score
The numbers are close for all three but UConn finished behind both teams and Bazz had the worst game out of any of them. It sucks but in the last and arguably biggest game to make a statement, UConn got destroyed and Bazz had a horrific day. Shabazz and Kilpatrick are both more important to their team than Smith is in my opinion but Shabazz just wasn't good enough in the head to head matchups to win CPOY.

I don't get this thinking at all. It could be Steven Krajewski had the better year, but to base on one game makes no sense. Steven Krajewski played Rutgers. How did Shabazz do against Rutgers 3 days earlier? How did Steven Krajewski do against UConn 6 days earlier? If you're not basing it on the season, it makes no sense. The Louisville game was no more important than the Cincy game the previous week.

In head to head matchups, Shabazz was good at home, and bad on the road. Just like Steven Krajewski was. Same thing. And this includes Shabazz's 30 points against Louisville at home.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He does DESERVE it as does Kilpatrick and to a lesser extent Smith.
Bazz just as important to his team plus his stats are overall better
Maybe I'm a homer but not someone prone to make inane blanket statements

Reaction Score
Putting it one game is stupid. Really stupid.

If you want to put it one game put it on Bazz v. Kilpatrick in Hartford. Bazz outplayed him badly.

Your analysis really makes no sense.

Kilpatrick played with an all conference player, Bazz did not.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Putting it one game is stupid. Really stupid.

If you want to put it one game put it on Bazz v. Kilpatrick in Hartford. Bazz outplayed him badly.

Your analysis really makes no sense.

Kilpatrick played with an all conference player, Bazz did not.
No one really played well in that game in Hartford. Napier was impressive with the 11 rebounds, but his 18 points were on 4-13 shooting. To me the best games by those players were Russ Smith against SMU, Napier against Memphis the second time and Kilpatrick against Connecticut (or Memphis the second time).

Honestly, you really cannot go wrong with either of the 3 choices. I think we could see co-POY's with Smith and Kilpatrick because their teams won the league.

I think it is amazing that the AAC will have 3 1st team All Americans, and I am happy they are all seniors. That is what college basketball should be all about. In fact with McDermott also being a lock, we'll have 4/5 1 team All American's as seniors.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Eat those words
Guess what - the homers won
Congrats Bazz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members