Baylor Wins National Championship | The Boneyard

Baylor Wins National Championship

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Click bait I guess. I bet BY'ers could do a bracket with predictions and if the games were actually played, do a better job. Still, good for a read with nothing else going on!

If not UCONN, I would have been rooting for Oregon. Baylor and SC would be my least 2 favorite teams to make the finals.

Reaction Score
The reason we watch sports is that we don’t know the outcome. Upsets happen. There are no asterisks this year. Celebrate your conference championships and stop talking about what might have been. Wait till next year has never meant more.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Princeton sweeps the field.
It’s great playing games on paper. I have it on good authority that Ionescu and Cox went down with season ending injuries in the first minute of the first game, totally distracting their teammates, all the other teams relaxed with those two out of the way and in a display of student beating teacher, Princeton beat UConn in a thrilling final , 39-38, all 38 UConn points scored by Molly Bent, showing her coach how foolish he’d been. Quite a tournament.

Reaction Score
I got a notification on my ESPN app of an article from The Undefeated on Dawn and the sting of losing a national title. She said, “Every team, every fan base, can say they’re the very best,” Staley said. “Every team can’t say they’re the No. 1 team in the country.” — “Crown us the national champion.”

and I’m just like:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
At least we found a "whipping team" in Tenn. Beating the LadyVols twice in one year must mean something. :rolleyes:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
At least we found a "whipping team" in Tenn. Beating the LadyVols twice in one year must mean something. :rolleyes:

The analysis was a bit funny

No. 2 UConn over No. 11 Tennessee

Tennessee is clearly an improved team from the one that lost to the Huskies on Jan. 23. Maybe incrementally??

The problem for the Lady Vols is that UConn is better, too. The Sweet 16 run renews some faith in Knoxville, but the Huskies control the game from the start and advance to another rematch from earlier in the season, this one against Oregon.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
“Absolutely,” Staley said when asked by SportsTalk’s Phil Kornblut if she was ready to declare USC the national champion. “I mean, we couldn’t have an NCAA tournament. And you go to the next best thing, which is your polls. I mean that’s what we’ve been judged by all season long. Some people didn’t have us at number one, some people still don’t have us as number one, but the majority, the majority of people have watched and the majority of people have voted, declared as the number one team in the country. Why not?”

Why not Dawn. You'd take a trophy unearned? Not a good look, but that is Dawn.

Reaction Score
“Absolutely,” Staley said when asked by SportsTalk’s Phil Kornblut if she was ready to declare USC the national champion. “I mean, we couldn’t have an NCAA tournament. And you go to the next best thing, which is your polls. I mean that’s what we’ve been judged by all season long. Some people didn’t have us at number one, some people still don’t have us as number one, but the majority, the majority of people have watched and the majority of people have voted, declared as the number one team in the country. Why not?”

Why not Dawn. You'd take a trophy unearned? Not a good look, but that is Dawn.

The more I read about this and Dawn, the more embarrassing it gets...and I'm not a "Cocky" fan.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I’ve made the point before that Dawn’s remarks are somewhat tone deaf in light of the current global health crisis, and they are also disrespectful to every other coach who would have been preparing their teams for the NCAA tournament.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Seeing how so many of the ones who vote didn't like UConn to be in the FF when they actually earned it, why would anyone think they would put UConn in the FF in an imaginary tourney?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I got a notification on my ESPN app of an article from The Undefeated on Dawn and the sting of losing a national title. She said, “Every team, every fan base, can say they’re the very best,” Staley said. “Every team can’t say they’re the No. 1 team in the country.” — “Crown us the national champion.”

and I’m just like:rolleyes:
Every number one ranked team at the start of the NCAA Tournament did not win the NC.

Reaction Score
With the way she conducts herself hard to believe she is a UVA graduate...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I guess next week there will be an Oregon wins National Championship thread

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
No. 2 UConn over No. 15 Robert Morris
No. 2 UConn over No. 7 Arizona State
No. 2 UConn over No. 11 Tennessee
No. 1 Oregon over No. 2 UConn

Makes sense to me. I'd like to think the girls would rally by the Ducks are a tough match up for us this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom