Baylor Wins National Championship | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Baylor Wins National Championship

Reaction Score
Every number one ranked team at the start of the NCAA Tournament did not win the NC.
Exactly. Even as a UConn fan, the best fans in the nation I can admit that we entered the tourney as #1 and didn’t win the championship a few times.

I didn’t have them winning the tourney. I was going with either Baylor because they had Cox and she could stop Boston or Oregon because they had Sabrina, the offensive machine.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Will be Interesting what the 2020 Banner that So Carolina will hang sometime early next Season say. You can bet that they'll hang one besides the ones they hang for the SEC Regular and Post Season Championship. :)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I agree with EricLA that this is nothing more than click bait. It gives fans something to talk and fantasize about. I’m not buying it. I don’t recognize “mythical “ or “virtual” national championships. Real championships are earned, and won between the lines.

Reaction Score
There will forever be an asterisk next to that rating. That would be so even if Uconn or any other team was selected. Kim is a great coach and she had an excellent team but in Basketball, as in any other major sport, no number one is written in stone until the final game in the final series is played. That they would even attempt to finalize a number one for this season is a slap in the face to any other team that would have qualified for the tournament.

Reaction Score
Princeton sweeps the field.
It’s great playing games on paper. I have it on good authority that Ionescu and Cox went down with season ending injuries in the first minute of the first game, totally distracting their teammates, all the other teams relaxed with those two out of the way and in a display of student beating teacher, Princeton beat UConn in a thrilling final , 39-38, all 38 UConn points scored by Molly Bent, showing her coach how foolish he’d been. Quite a tournament.
That's a great piece of satire Cohenzone. But you should have added that Kyla Irwin came off the bench, in a cast, to block what would have been the winning shot in the semi final against South Carolina.

Reaction Score
Actually sort of liked Dawn, who up until her remark gave me no reason not to. Well that went out the window. I suppose they can now put a statue next to the one they will build for Wilson to celebrate their 2020 National Championship.

Reaction Score
I find it interesting that all #1 teams made the final 4. How often does that happen??!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Can TN's trophy be far behind

1584999084726.png

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Exactly. Even as a UConn fan, the best fans in the nation I can admit that we entered the tourney as #1 and didn’t win the championship a few times.

I didn’t have them winning the tourney. I was going with either Baylor because they had Cox and she could stop Boston or Oregon because they had Sabrina, the offensive machine.

????

Reaction Score
Life’s full of would’ve, could’ve, should’ve, what if, and maybe...too bad! NOBODY WON!!!! There were lots of conference champions and no NCAA champion. That’s a fact! Oh well, the good that came from this is there were no injuries (only emotional ones). Honestly, it hurts to not be able to watch March Madness when I really looked forward to it. There’s nothing we can do about it. You know what they say... if you really wanna make the man upstairs laugh, tell him your plans! Be safe everyone. Times are challenging right now but we’ll get through.

Reaction Score
I will say this about this thread. Dawn stated that in the absence of the tourney she would raise a banner to commemorate this team and their accomplishment. At lease she is bold enough to state her true feelings about her team. She said "if" and only "if" someone wants to name a National Championship that she feels her team deserves it because of their body of work. The other three #1 seeds could make their case if this was going to be done. She answers the questions that are asked of her and I applaud it. To me it is no different that UConn fans believing their team is owed a #1 seed based on their reputation and not what this team this year looked liked irrespective of their past teams. Well you know what they say, if everyone has a problem with what you say and how you do things, you must be doing something right and being successful your way. Touche'

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Anyone know if South Carolina still plans on putting up that banner given these events? Head bang

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
I will say this about this thread. Dawn stated that in the absence of the tourney she would raise a banner to commemorate this team and their accomplishment. At lease she is bold enough to state her true feelings about her team. She said "if" and only "if" someone wants to name a National Championship that she feels her team deserves it because of their body of work. The other three #1 seeds could make their case if this was going to be done. She answers the questions that are asked of her and I applaud it. To me it is no different that UConn fans believing their team is owed a #1 seed based on their reputation and not what this team this year looked liked irrespective of their past teams. Well you know what they say, if everyone has a problem with what you say and how you do things, you must be doing something right and being successful your way. Touche'

Kelley Graves: "I kinda had to slap myself out of being so selfish and only thinking about my team."
There are some more thoughts along these lines from 34:15 on.

For anyone interested in other things Oregon:

1) Nyara Sabally, a "phenomenal talent," was likely going to play in this year's tournament: and

2) Sedona Prince is a "baller," "ask Ruthie." She "reminds me a little bit of Bill Walton." "Can throw it down with two hands," etc.

Lots of other stuff about this season in the first 30 minutes or so.

Inside Pac-12 Women's Basketball Podcast

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Kelley Graves: "I kinda had to slap myself out of being so selfish and only thinking about my team."
There are some more thoughts along these lines from 34:15 on.

For anyone interested in other things Oregon:

1) Nyara Sabally, a "phenomenal talent," was likely going to play in this year's tournament: and

2) Sedona Prince is "baller," "ask Ruthie." She "reminds me a little bit of Bill Walton." "Can throw it down with two hands," etc.

Lots of other stuff about this season in the first 30 minutes or so.

Inside Pac-12 Women's Basketball Podcast
Kelly sounds like the antithesis of Dawn.

Reaction Score
In my professional life we used simulations to predict system performance. We relied upon two different approaches, Monte Carlo and covariance analysis. Monte Carlo involved making many one time simulations and averaging the results for a valid prediction, the individual one time simulations were totally useless for performance predictions. ESPN used one time simulation to get results. You can get crazy answers from a one time simulation and that is what ESPN got!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom