Baylor vs OU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Baylor vs OU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I'm so lucky. Two of the posters that have me on ignore have each other's back.

Baylor sucked in the second half. I'm hoping Uconn has then in their bracket.

People have you on "Ignore"? I find your points quite sound and well thought out even on the rare occasion I don't agree with you.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
People have you on "Ignore"? I find your points quite sound and well thought out even on the rare occasion I don't agree with you.
ETT is a coward.

I'm not sure what Vowelguy's problem is.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I don't think OU sucks, and I also think Baylor has been one of about 3 teams who have really surprised me this season. SC and WVU being the other 2 teams. But it is kind of funny to read how uber excited ETT was that Baylor was playing so "incredibly well" only to the bed in the 2nd half. Sorry, ETT - love ya, but you set yourself up on that one! ;)

Were you the one that claimed Baylor not to be a top 20 team?

I was excited, because as I said, OU is a good team. See what I did there?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Isn't Oklahoma like 17-11 this year? Kind of like UCONN beating the snot out of SMU (16-10) - congrats, but nothing to really write home about...
SMU doesnt have Coale as its coach

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I don't understand the need to go through life waiting for the opportunity to be rude to others.

Enjoy yourself. I prefer to spend my time being positive.

Well, that's a pleasant change....

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
ETT is a coward.

I'm not sure what Vowelguy's problem is.
You have too many consonants. Well, actually only two, but your 4-2-and then eighteen 0's is not a balanced ratio.

Sims did take over 40% of her team's shots (ouch, and it's probably more like 45% when you factor in the shots to collect FTAs) and put up a decent FG%, but the "selfish" tag comes with the oddity that she dished out 9 assists as the co-leader on her team, though it also came with 8 TOs and you could say that a player who is nominated for All-American PG and has the ball in her hands 50% of the time better hand out some assists. I'm not sure what you say about a team that gives up 58 points in a half to a mediocre team (just can't get excited about all the B12 teams that are 4-9 against the Sagarin top 50).

And I finally located the one WCBB fan that refused to agree recently that Baylor should be tossed from the ranks of the top 20 teams. But the poor sap died yesterday, so now ETT can rightfully declare that everyone thinks that the Bears are a bunch of unrankable losers, and that he is not a paranoid clown.

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The truth really bothers ETT. Baylor was a two trick pony who has become a one trick pony. Has a Uconn team ever had a player as selfish as Miss Sims. Geno would never allow the style of ball Mulkey is letting Sims play!
I do not dispute the 'one trick penny' claim but I think Sims is getting too much grief for being selfish. For three years she subordinated her talents to the team and Griner which is not selfish. And for some reason this year Kim seems to want Sims to play exactly the way she is playing - so while she is certainly dominating the ball for Baylor, I am not sure you can call that selfish if those are the directions of her coaching staff.
Personally I think Baylor would be more of a threat to reach the FF if Kim were running a more balanced offense, and I know they would have better prospects next year if the team were more involved this year, but then I am a couch potato and not being paid big bucks to run a successful college program.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Were you the one that claimed Baylor not to be a top 20 team?

I was excited, because as I said, OU is a good team. See what I did there?
Yeah I see what you did. I said that Baylor was one of 3 teams who really surprised me this year. I paid them a compliment.

But... you turned it around and tried to make it out like you could take a jab at me. You know, I really can see now why so many people dislike you on this board. You have an attitude and never miss a chance to try to take a dig at people. You really do fit your name, I guess. :(

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You mean the Oklahoma team who lost to Marist, UCLA, Texas, Kansas State, etc? Marist isn't expected to make the NCAA's and KSU is 10-16 this season. Oh, and Oklahoma is crushing Baylor in the 2nd half. Wow. Yep impressive by Baylor.

I'm not saying Oklahoma sucks, let's not pretend Oklahoma is even a lock to get out of the NCAA's in the first round. They are probably an 8 or 9 seed.

Man i am behind the eight ball reading this - but Marist isn't expected to make NCAA's?? A team who has been there 8 times in a row - what because they lost one game to Iona? Still think they are the favorites until otherwise - unless we are just going by ESPN's bracketology

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Man i am behind the eight ball reading this - but Marist isn't expected to make NCAA's?? A team who has been there 8 times in a row - what because they lost one game to Iona? Still think they are the favorites until otherwise - unless we are just going by ESPN's bracketology
It's not the case that they are not expected to make the tourney, though they are seeded #2 behind co-champ of the MAAC. The Red Foxes have won 13 of last 14, but the one loss was to the Fairfield team they will likely meet in the MAACT semis. Marist almost certainly has to win the MAACT to get a tourney bid as they are at #59 in Sagarin, though the RPI of #45 is pretty good. Iona does have to win the MAACT to get a bid as their numbers are worse than Marist's except for the overall record.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma was picked to win the Big 12 in the preseason voting! Baylor was picked third I think!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

Charlie Creme thinks the MAAC is a one team in the tourney conference, so Marist better win the conference tournament, they aren't strong enough on their own to make it.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I do not dispute the 'one trick penny' claim but I think Sims is getting too much grief for being selfish. For three years she subordinated her talents to the team and Griner which is not selfish. And for some reason this year Kim seems to want Sims to play exactly the way she is playing - so while she is certainly dominating the ball for Baylor, I am not sure you can call that selfish if those are the directions of her coaching staff.
Personally I think Baylor would be more of a threat to reach the FF if Kim were running a more balanced offense, and I know they would have better prospects next year if the team were more involved this year, but then I am a couch potato and not being paid big bucks to run a successful college program.

After the WVU game Sims took "only" 16 shots against ISU and Nina Davis took 19, going 11-19 from the field and scoring 26 points. In many games Sims has taken more shots alone than the rest of the team combined.

I am hoping that the WVU game performance, which resulted in Sims' first home conference loss in her career, was a learning moment, and she realized that trying to do it alone could result in an early out in the NCAA tournament.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
That's some of us have been saying all year.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
After the WVU game Sims took "only" 16 shots against ISU and Nina Davis took 19, going 11-19 from the field and scoring 26 points. In many games Sims has taken more shots alone than the rest of the team combined.

I am hoping that the WVU game performance, which resulted in Sims' first home conference loss in her career, was a learning moment, and she realized that trying to do it alone could result in an early out in the NCAA tournament.
Baylor cannot go deeply into the NCAAs with a one-player attack, as it is just much simpler for any decent team to shut down, or even Kansas. I know it was the defense and not the offense that killed Baylor last year against Louisville, but the fact that the Bears scored 23 more points in the second half with OS doubling her shot attempts is a lesson in the importance of two or more players leading the attack. The wrong lesson to learn would be, "Oh let's just let Odyssey shoot the ball." The Bears mainly got away with the second option for the regular season, but the tourney is likely to be quite different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom