Baylor vs Notre Dame

• Baylor

Votes: 29 72.5%
  • Notre Dame

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
I am really excited to watch Nalyssa Smith next year. She is a game changer offensively and as a rebounder. She is gonna be really good once she gets her defense locked down.

In the limited minutes she played, she put up 14 points and 6 rebounds with a block.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
So Rebecca will have to dress as a Leprechaun but in the end, the Golic's will eat some crow.

And now, is Arike's final buzzer beater replaced with her agony of defeat missed FT for next year promos?

Something tells me we won't have to endure watching it a zillion times like the buzzer beater. Watching ND lose never gets old!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I don't agree, actually. Not to pile on, but I can't let this balloon go un-popped..

Given they were the defending champs and who all they had coming back, Notre Dame should have been one of the most dominant teams in history. I'm not kidding. On paper they had every reason to aspire to be among the most dominant teams of all time, along with Texas 1986, Tennessee 1997, and UConn 2002, 2009-10 and 2014-16.

But they couldn't do it. They were humiliated on their home floor by UConn in a game that featured some of the worst sportsmanship I've ever seen from an elite team. Then they laid two more stinky eggs throughout the season. They collapsed under the weight of being the favorite. Which is just one of many reasons why Muffet will never be Geno's equal.

They lost by one in the championship game, dude.

I don't know what else to tell you.

Reaction Score
then why are you in this thread? Or in the General board? :confused:

:p:D;):cool:
There was a commercial on "Killing Eve", I switched to ESPN and saw the last 3 seconds of the game. Then came here to check out what people were saying. So I guess I should leave now, is that what you are saying?
(Killing Eve is paused)

Reaction Score
I don’t like Notre Dame I don’t follow Notre Dame I don’t even like Muffet McGraw but someone mentioned something about December 3rd??what happened that day??

Reaction Score
Baylor finishes 7th all-time in NCAA margin of victory +159.

Highest team not named UConn ... surpassing a team from LaTech.

(tho TBF, LT did it in 5 games, so their avg is much higher)

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Unfortunate??? Are you kidding. That's called REAPING WHAT YOU SOW. She earned every last bit of it and then some. May it haunt her for many years to come.
Wow, that's cold. I get where it comes from though....I'm trying to keep my own id-driven comments to myself. If Arike were to end up on the Sun, I'd be hugely conflicted.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I might have to make a return trip to Waco to attend a victory parade.

Quite seriously, they showed tremendous resilience to overcome the horrible injury to Cox after seeing their lead evaporate in 4Q. What a memorable fight and win.

Reaction Score
Well I like to answer this Paco guy who keeps asking why people are here, I believe this is a general thread, and I actually appreciate it as an Ohio State Alum that there is such a great board for women’s basketball here on the boneyard and as I have stated in my very first post ever here a few days ago that I am a UCONN fan for women’s basketball and the only team in the world that I would ever root for the UCONN to lose against is my alma mater. I appreciate it that they actually welcome other people here.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Quite seriously, they showed tremendous resilience to overcome the horrible injury to Cox after seeing their lead evaporate in 4Q. What a memorable fight and win.

Agreed. I thought they were mentally fried after Cox went down and Mabrey and Arike went nuts. Chloe was a stud.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Before the season I thought ND was gonna have an epic dominant season. Undefeated, cruise thru the tournament. And they should have. 4 players who are in the top 14 of ESPN's mock W draft, even though it's a deep year. A pretty big disappointment.
Some people thought that about UConn's team last season.

Reaction Score
At least it was a very entertaining game. A lot of drama when cox went down. It looked extremely bleak for Baylor when ND had a major surge in the 4th quarter and was in the bonus with over 7 minutes to play. Helluva team effort to over come that and make the clutch shots and stops needed to win. That was a complete team win and no one panicked when things went south.

Definitely will be a classic.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

well if you make it to waco.... fedex me some chicken fried steak... unfortunately no baylor fans brought me any when they came to Greensboro :oops:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Yes, I'm aware of the score in today's game. That doesn't detract from my point.

Ok, substantive response.

Yes, ND returned 4 starters from last year's NC team and brought back Turner. However last year's team trailed at halftime in their last 4 tourney games. ND could just as easily have lost in the Elite 8 last year.

It was something of a minor miracle ND won last year. They were not the best team in the country. Probably UConn was. But the best team doesn't always win a single-elim tournament.

So in my opinion (yours seems to differ greatly), getting those players back simply made this a team that might *actually* be the best in the country.

In the end, they won the ACC championship (regular season and tourney) and earned the #2 overall seed in the tournament. Then in the tournament they made the final where they lost to the #1 overall seed by 1 point.

This team had enough talent that only a national championship could be considered a complete success. However, yes, I think they made an excellent title defense.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Ok, substantive response.

Yes, ND returned 4 starters from last year's NC team and brought back Turner. However last year's team trailed at halftime in their last 4 tourney games. ND could just as easily have lost in the Elite 8 last year.

It was something of a minor miracle ND won last year. They were not the best team in the country. Probably UConn was. But the best team doesn't always win a single-elim tournament.

So in my opinion (yours seems to differ greatly), getting those players back simply made this a team that might *actually* be the best in the country.

In the end, they won the ACC championship (regular season and tourney) and earned the #2 overall seed in the tournament. Then in the tournament they made the final where they lost to the #1 overall seed by 1 point.

This team had enough talent that only a national championship could be considered a complete success. However, yes, I think they made an excellent title defense.
A well-reasoned response.

There is no doubt Notre Dame was formidable in the tournament, and it took a momentous effort from an excellent team in Baylor to defeat them.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
May have already been said, but I see no scenario that would have allowed Baylor to win in OT. They were depleted and in trouble. Thank goodness free throws aren't free.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame returns just 6 points (if Jackie Young returns) from the national title game. Young really struggled shooting the ball tonight, but still impacted the game in other ways.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Notre Dame returns just 6 points (if Jackie Young returns) from the national title game. Young really struggled shooting the ball tonight, but still impacted the game in other ways.
This may be the first big game I can remember when Jackie's impact was so minimal. One notable ND poster had taken to calling her Big Game Jackie.

So now I wonder: Does losing this game influence Jackie's decision to stay or go pro?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom