• Notre Dame

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
They have a chance to win it again next year

Them and Oregon will probably be clear favorites depending if cox can play. It’s possible she’s out.

Texas am will have a say too.

Reaction Score
Them and Oregon will probably be clear favorites depending if cox can play. It’s possible she’s out.

Texas am will have a say too.
Texas A&M will be good, but I don’t know if they can be champions.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Parity in WCBB= 4 different champions in the last 4 years?
Last three championships largely decided by high impact transfers Gray/Davis/, Shepard, Jackson.
Not to mention only second time both final fours decided by 5 or less, and second winner to win by 1. So many great games to end this tournament.

Reaction Score
I guess the Devil reneged on the pact he had with ND this season. Baylor wins despite the loss of Cox. If NC couldn't beat Baylor sans Cox they would have had no shot if she had not gotten injured. It sort of leaves no doubt which team was #1 this year. If Cox is not injured the game ends in a double figure win for Baylor.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Tremendous Notre Dame comeback, but I'm glad Baylor got this one, to lose Cox like that. Ogunbowale played a tremendous game, and Mabrey started to channel other UConn killers in the family. Chloe Jackson played like someone in one of those unbelievable basketball movies.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Congrats to Baylor. So sad for Cox though.

I hope she can recover and be at full strength for her senior year. Such a great player to watch and she still has a lot of upside on the offensive side of the ball.

Reaction Score
Arike has hit a ton of clutch shots in her career. She'll go down as ND's greatest player. It's unfortunate her career ended like it did. Yes, I know this is a UConn board. But still.
Arike tried to miss her 2nd free throw hoping for an offensive rebound. She is so good that she even hits baskets when trying to miss!!

Reaction Score
Ok, hoop experts, give me your opinion on the last OOB play. ND is guarding the inbounder with 0.3 secs left. You have to make a steal and pretty much heave/tip it in. Wouldn't it be better to have a "free safety try to snag the inbound? The way the game ended, ND tipped the inbound, the clock immediately starts, and wouldn't stop (as in with more time) until the ball hits the ground or someone OOB.
Only chance was a 5 second call.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Wow--talk about an instant classic. Fantastic performances by both teams, especially in the 4th. Gotta feel for both Cox and Ogunbowale. I thought overall it was well reffed and both teams played some terrific ball.

Baylor got HUGE performances from Jackson and Smith. Supporting cast was fantastic for Baylor.

ND's glory run from 2011-present likely ends here as theyll be rebuilding big time next year even if Young returns. Baylor's just getting started.

Reaction Score
Could Chloe be granted a 6th year? She only played 4 games in her freshman season.

Reaction Score
what a great second half.......................sad to see Cox sustain what may be a serious injury but at least she's got an NC in the process.......................it's going to be difficult for the men to play a better game in their final........

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Unfortunate??? Are you kidding. That's called REAPING WHAT YOU SOW. She earned every last bit of it and then some. May it haunt her for many years to come.
I think that's unnecessary. I'm just glad to see the wealth spread - if it's not Uconn every year, best to have many other teams share in the glory. Arike already had one, now it's Cox, Brown, and Jackson's turn.

Reaction Score
What a game! Arike is a great player and usually she would have made the foul shot but sometimes the ball just does not go in the basket. Lauren Cox is a special player and a real credit to WBB, hope her injury heals and she comes back better than ever. Baylor will be a threat to repeat next year as will Oregon. Great season for WBB, I loved it!

Reaction Score
This a serious inquiry and am just wondering...
There seems to be a few posters here that are actually fans of other teams. So, why are you here and not on your team's board? Or are you posting there too?
Thanks.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
alk.jpeg

Reaction Score
Unfortunate??? Are you kidding. That's called REAPING WHAT YOU SOW. She earned every last bit of it and then some. May it haunt her for many years to come.
I think that’s going a little far. I’m not a ND fan by far and I don’t care for some of her antics. I’m happy Baylor won and not ND. However, I think you’re reaching a little

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom