Baylor vs Kentucky | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Baylor vs Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
oh duh. i tried looking up sportsnet or whatever but i should have known to go to the baylor website. thanks!!!

Most sports sites don't have a running box up. If all else fails, always try one of the team's websites.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Anyone have a good link for the box score? All the espn links suddenly are about 10x normal size (for me) and can't be viewed in any normal way.
Here is a link to better gametracker that includes a boxscore with minutes played (unlike the ESPN ones that only list minutes played some time after the conclusion of the game).

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Baylor went up 14 and then collapsed. Wright fouls the three point shooter.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I have to keep saying "It's early" and the first big game without Odyssey.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
This game is so ugly that if Baylor weren't playing I would quit watching.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Well it's an exciting game if not a work of art. Thought the KY guard traveled before she passed for that 3.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Who (Baylor) runs the PG 4 feet over the half court line with her back to the basket!! What was that??

Reaction Score
Seems like every time I watch Baylor they are always in foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Ok the game is over guys, stop it with the time outs and let me see my girls kick some cardinal ass

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Very ugly 2nd half for Baylor. I don't see Kentucky as that good - thought Baylor would beat them by at least 10...

Reaction Score
Very ugly 2nd half for Baylor. I don't see Kentucky as that good - thought Baylor would beat them by at least 10...

From the sidelines at Rupp, my bias shows that we are WAY more athletic and talented that KY, but once their ace started stroking it, our lack of team "meld" wasn't good enough to hold a lead or comeback once they tied it. I don't see Kentucky playing far into March. Big and slow and not much rebounding strength. We have a chance with all of our young talent. Right now with Iesha Smalls on the bench and Prince trying to play her way back into max minutes, we don't have much cohesion on the court. Johnson is an adequate point guard, but looks even more uncertain this year than last year when she knew Odyssey was on the court with her. We tried to get Davis to move out away from the basket and make post moves To the basket instead of just camping underneath and outpositioning bigger ladies, but once KY doubled her, she looked lost offensively. Just a really sloppy game, but with only one senior on the squad and two juniors, playing in front of about 14,000 butts in seats (not the 26,000 announced) got a bit intimidating for our sophs.

Give us time. Kim will have this team working well by conference. Probably not a go-to scorer needed to make it to Tampa Bay, but another elite 8 is not out of the picture, and if Smalls can get back in the mix we add another perimeter player who can create her shot.

Locally I've already made the call. Imani Wright will be our next true star--everything she needs to be an all-conference type shooting guard--elevation, soft shot from any distance, no fear, and quickness to shoot from behind or off of a screen.

We'll be fine. It's just going to take this team a little longer to find its stride. Another conference title is certainly not a reach.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
From the sidelines at Rupp, my bias shows that we are WAY more athletic and talented that KY, but once their ace started stroking it, our lack of team "meld" wasn't good enough to hold a lead or comeback once they tied it. I don't see Kentucky playing far into March. Big and slow and not much rebounding strength. We have a chance with all of our young talent. Right now with Iesha Smalls on the bench and Prince trying to play her way back into max minutes, we don't have much cohesion on the court. Johnson is an adequate point guard, but looks even more uncertain this year than last year when she knew Odyssey was on the court with her. We tried to get Davis to move out away from the basket and make post moves To the basket instead of just camping underneath and outpositioning bigger ladies, but once KY doubled her, she looked lost offensively. Just a really sloppy game, but with only one senior on the squad and two juniors, playing in front of about 14,000 butts in seats (not the 26,000 announced) got a bit intimidating for our sophs.

Give us time. Kim will have this team working well by conference. Probably not a go-to scorer needed to make it to Tampa Bay, but another elite 8 is not out of the picture, and if Smalls can get back in the mix we add another perimeter player who can create her shot.

Locally I've already made the call. Imani Wright will be our next true star--everything she needs to be an all-conference type shooting guard--elevation, soft shot from any distance, no fear, and quickness to shoot from behind or off of a screen.

We'll be fine. It's just going to take this team a little longer to find its stride. Another conference title is certainly not a reach.

BP, thanks for showing up occasionally and adding some class to the Baylor fan base (me) here...:) You are like the educated relative who comes in from the city for a white trash family reunion.

And I agree about Wright. She sure has a pure stroke and she can shoot from three point range and off the dribble. I am not sure how her ranking coming out of high school was not higher. Baylor got some real steals in that class: Cave, Wright and Davis. None of them were that highly rated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom