Baylor vs Iowa St | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Baylor vs Iowa St

Reaction Score
What exactly happened today? Didn't see this game

Coopers box score stats were eye opening, as if she didn't even play.

Reaction Score
Cooper can be mercurial like that. You hope it doesn't happen when she's needed.....

Reaction Score
Hold it... I was out of the house during this game. Baylor lost to a Big 12 team? Isn’t that the first time in at least a few years?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
guess the last foul was legit, but I don’t like that being called in that situation.
So don't make a legit call in "that situation"? Makes it fair for the player getting fouled I guess. :rolleyes:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
What exactly happened today? Didn't see this game

Coopers box score stats were eye opening, as if she didn't even play.
I watched it on replay yesterday afternoon. It reminded me a lot of Baylor's loss to Oregon State in the Elite 8 game several years ago. Iowa State turned it into a really slow half-court game. Baylor struggled to hit shots or even to get easy looks, despite their advantage in athleticism and size. No one could catch fire, and a couple of the players were ice cold.

Kim with an instant-meme reaction:

Reaction Score
I watched it on replay yesterday afternoon. It reminded me a lot of Baylor's loss to Oregon State in the Elite 8 game several years ago. Iowa State turned it into a really slow half-court game. Baylor struggled to hit shots or even to get easy looks, despite their advantage in athleticism and size. No one could catch fire, and a couple of the players were ice cold.

Kim with an instant-meme reaction:

Omg Kim’s reaction. That’s too funny, her facial express and hair lmao. At least Kim was classy after the loss. Gave full credit to the Iowa state girls and coaches.

Didn’t see this loss coming. Seems like the team thought they could coast through with a win but got upstaged by a team that wanted it more. I still think Baylor is very dangerous to do a lot of damage this tourney but they have games like these from time to time which make them vulnerable.

Cooper and Landrum both played like 40 minutes and had a combined 5 points. Thats awful.

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I predicted that not all of the top three will get to the FF. Baylor is one of the top three who I believe will not make it. Don't allow Cooper to score 37 points as UConn did :( and a team has a good chance to beat Baylor.

Reaction Score
If the Huskies run into Baylor again in the Big Dance, I certainly hope and expect they will spend a lot of time looking at this game film to understand exactly how IO St pulled off the upset.

Iowa State used the "Triangle + 2" defense to perfection and took the scoring guards out of the game. They got lucky with Baylor's bigs missing easy shots and rebounds going Iowa State's way.

I hope UCONN uses this strategy if they meet Baylor in the Big Dance.

Mulkey recognized what Iowa State was doing at halftime but Baylor could not adjust to it.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Mulkey recognized what Iowa State was doing at halftime but Baylor could not adjust to it.
1583868425067.png

Plebe

Reaction Score
I love Kim :D

The gif of this is the funniest part
Did someone make a GIF yet? I wanted to make one but don't know how to.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Just in case UConn fans enjoy that too much, I decided to add another for viewing pleasure. :D

giphy.gif
Reported to the mods for off topic.

Edit: /sarcasm intended :D

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

This is every bit as good as the young fan of the Northwestern men's team having a melt down during a Tourney loss several years ago.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I hope you know I was kidding about the report to the mods thing. I should've used a "levity" emoji to make that clearer :D :)

Furthermore, I nominate you MVP of the week for this GIF.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom