Baylor @ Texas - 2/19/18 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Baylor @ Texas - 2/19/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Why are we still banging this drum? Baylor has played 9 games against top 25 teams according to Sagarin, going 8-1. Connecticut has 10 such games. Baylor has been tested and is ready for what might be thrown at them. I'm not guaranteeing a final four but the idea they won't make it because of a weak schedule is silly.
We shall see. NCAA Tournament play has not been kind to Baylor lately.

Reaction Score
We shall see. NCAA Tournament play has not been kind to Baylor lately.
I'll admit that, but the schedule has nothing to do with it. We played a tougher schedule last year and fell the same way as Connecticut. It happens.the better team loses. It sucks that the whole season gets branded a failure because of one game, but that's the nature of the NCAA tournament. This year's team has improved throughout the season, and is ready for anyone come March.

Reaction Score
I'll admit that, but the schedule has nothing to do with it. We played a tougher schedule last year and fell the same way as Connecticut. It happens.the better team loses. It sucks that the whole season gets branded a failure because of one game, but that's the nature of the NCAA tournament. This year's team has improved throughout the season, and is ready for anyone come March.
I agree, this team is better. Their post play is better, and, their point guard is much, much, better. She is the reason Baylor has a better chance this year, than in past years. Everyone focuses upon the post players (which are much improved), but the kid from Australia makes this team far more formidable.

Reaction Score
Why are we still banging this drum? Baylor has played 9 games against top 25 teams according to Sagarin, going 8-1. Connecticut has 10 such games. Baylor has been tested and is ready for what might be thrown at them. I'm not guaranteeing a final four but the idea they won't make it because of a weak schedule is silly.

Let's take a look at those nine top 25 games. 2Texas(7),2 Okl St21(25), 2 Okl(20, WV(21), UCLA(8) & Stan(16). Now what we have is 3 top 10 games played 2-1. Now you can say that the UCLA game was without Cox but I can retort that the Stanford game was without McPhee. So 5 of the 9 are vs 20-25. And the nine games were against only 6 teams and only two 2 wins against top 10 teams. UConn has played 10 top 25 and has wins over 4 different top ten teams to 1 for Baylor, and no losses vs 1 for Baylor.

Baylor has looked very powerful against 1 very good team, Texas. They haven't beaten any other team that is given much of a chance of winning an E8 game. Now maybe they'll win the NC. But all the teams that have one it recently played a lot more elite level games than Baylor has this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom