Baylor-Oklahoma | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Baylor-Oklahoma

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I take back my previous statement. The Game is getting very physical. Refs are right to call these to keep the game in control.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Baylor now up 45-34 with some tough defense and good shooting. The rebounding is much better, too

Reaction Score
Natalie is my new Nina Davis. I love everything she does.

This game has been a great indicator of what does Baylor do without Kalani Brown.

Also, notice the hot shooting from OU has gone cold.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Natalie is my new Nina Davis. I love everything she does.

This game has been a great indicator of what does Baylor do without Kalani Brown.

Also, notice the hot shooting from OU has gone cold.
Baylor’s improved rebounding has eliminated the OK fast breaks and made them a half’s court team, where they’re less effective

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Llanusa is a nice looking freshman. (I’m talking about her basketball skills) She’s pretty savvy in the half court and seems to have a high b-ball IQ

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Llanusa is a nice looking freshman. (I’m talking about her basketball skills) She’s pretty savvy in the half court and seems to have a high b-ball IQ
Glad you clarified...wouldn't want a moderator or admin...er wait...:rolleyes:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Kalani Brown has barely played in this game, only 5 minutes due to foul trouble.

Yet Baylor still holds a 13-point lead in 4Q.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Kalani Brown has barely played in this game, only 5 minutes due to foul trouble.

Yet Baylor still holds a 13-point lead in 4Q.
She’s been in most of the second half

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
For OK, VPL (number 0) seems to have no interest in trying to score., especially when Brown is in foul trouble.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just confirms to me that Baylor is among the most talented and well coached teams and really likes to play defense. I expect them in the FF. If they don't make it, they will be viewed as world class underachievers.

Reaction Score
They are young and don't have post depth. If they don't make FF I'll be sad, but next season FF will be expected.

Reaction Score
The sequence could've warranted a flagrant 1 on Cox.
Agree. Thought it was funny that Llanusa tripped Cox as Cox walked over her, and wondered if that's why the refs cut Cox some slack on the obviously dirty play.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
They are young and don't have post depth. If they don't make FF I'll be sad, but next season FF will be expected.

I hear this "no post depth" comment and think that most teams would like to have so little depth with Brown, Cox and Cohen. We don't have 5 post players like last year, but I certainly wouldn't say that Baylor is lacking in post depth when you can more Cox to the 5 in the event that Brown gets into foul trouble.

Cox did not have a very good game. She lost her cool too often and turned the ball over. However, she did grab 10 rebounds and had some decent play on offense.

Morris is so good. For a freshman, she really stays under control and her offensive repertoire is senior-like. She is as good as anyone in the game when shooting on the move.

Chou had me worried early in the year when she was not shooting well but she really turned it around and is playing some great ball.

Cohen was the start of the day. She stepped it up when Brown went out.

I kind of got the feeling that Brown went into that game with a grudge to settle. She was not playing like she usually does and was too aggressive. That elbow to the face was no mistake and I don't like seeing that. And the Cox play toward the end of the game showed a lack of discipline and was unsportsmanlike. There is no need in that, but maybe when you are playing a hated rival it comes out.

Mulkey was disappointed that the margin of victory was not 30. She and Coale just don't like each other and Kim wants to beat her as bad as possible.

Reaction Score
I hear this "no post depth" comment and think that most teams would like to have so little depth with Brown, Cox and Cohen. We don't have 5 post players like last year, but I certainly wouldn't say that Baylor is lacking in post depth when you can more Cox to the 5 in the event that Brown gets into foul trouble.

Cox did not have a very good game. She lost her cool too often and turned the ball over. However, she did grab 10 rebounds and had some decent play on offense.

Morris is so good. For a freshman, she really stays under control and her offensive repertoire is senior-like. She is as good as anyone in the game when shooting on the move.

Chou had me worried early in the year when she was not shooting well but she really turned it around and is playing some great ball.

Cohen was the start of the day. She stepped it up when Brown went out.

I kind of got the feeling that Brown went into that game with a grudge to settle. She was not playing like she usually does and was too aggressive. That elbow to the face was no mistake and I don't like seeing that. And the Cox play toward the end of the game showed a lack of discipline and was unsportsmanlike. There is no need in that, but maybe when you are playing a hated rival it comes out.

Mulkey was disappointed that the margin of victory was not 30. She and Coale just don't like each other and Kim wants to beat her as bad as possible.

Kim has mentioned not having post depth. We don't what happens when Both Cox and Brown are in foul trouble? A 6'2 fwd becomes the center agaisnt teams with with several player 6'4 plus. When playing higher skilled teams that will catch up to us.

With the additions next year we are adding a pg, wing, wing/fwds, and center. We plus they are top recruits and you hope they adapt to the faster pace game quicker than most.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom