OT: - Baylor Is The Gift That Keeps On Giving... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Baylor Is The Gift That Keeps On Giving...

Reaction Score
I apologize, you are correct. It's not as if this program has done anything previous to indicate a total and vile lack of moral or ethical standards. Nothing at all to indicate this behavior is systemic.

Baylor has certainly had issues that are relevant to NCAA sanctions. But this is not one of them.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I have lots of friends that are hookers( for the unenlightened that is a technical term for a certain rugby position)
A little unfortunate the hooker is surrounded by the loosehead and the tighthead. :rolleyes:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
SMU set the standard for qualifying for the death penalty. For those of you not up to speed on the particulars that caused SMU to get that death blow, here's the reader's digest version:

The Southern Methodist University football scandal (also known as Ponygate) was an incident in which the football program at Southern Methodist University was investigated and punished for massive violations of NCAA rules and regulations. The most serious violation was the maintenance of a slush fund used for "under the table" payments to players from the mid-1970s through 1986.

This culminated in the NCAA handing down the so-called "death penalty" by canceling SMU's entire 1987 schedule. SMU was allowed to return for an abbreviated 1988 season, but opted to sit that season out as well after school officials determined it would be impossible to field a viable team. The severity of the penalty left the SMU football program in ruin.

The Mustangs had only one winning season over the next 20 years and failed to make another bowl game until 2009. To date, it is one of the most severe penalties ever imposed on a Division I program, and the only time the NCAA has canceled a football-playing school's entire season at any level.

So I guess the question is, does the overall cumulative transgressions, school, conference and NCAA rule violations qualify Baylor for the death penalty? Was what SMU did as egregious as this? And if not, why?
Syracuse had a decade long triple scandal involving grade tampering, unreported drug use and payments to players. They lost a hundred games had the coach sit out some games and got to self punish by not going the NCAAs in a year they weren't going to make it anyway.

UNC remains unpunished for a two decade long grade inflation scam that included no show classes.

Louisville paid for sex for their recruits and players in team sponsored events held in a school dorm. They remain unpunished.

I could go on. The NCAA punishes randomly. I don't think they have the stomach for the death penalty anymore.

Reaction Score
Oh well, what else is there to do in TX?
What do people in places like Waco and Dallas do in the summertime? That has to be a miserable place to live: 100+ and no ocean or beach to go to.

Reaction Score
I would have thought that this football scandal would have a negative impact on Baylor WBB recruiting...............I know that I wouldn't want my daughter within 50 miles of a school who's administration tried to hide multiple rape allegations against it's own student athletes. Perhaps Baylor recruits might consider the other Texas schools like UT, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and SMU instead. It will be interesting to see how this shakes out............

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Drive for hours to get to another state

Texas does have a coastline with some cool spots to go to. And Austin is a great city for live music.

However, if there is not enough for you in Texas, you can always visit that hot spots of Oklahoma.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
What do people in places like Waco and Dallas do in the summertime? That has to be a miserable place to live: 100+ and no ocean or beach to go to.

Lots of lakes in Texas and boating is very popular.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I would have thought that this football scandal would have a negative impact on Baylor WBB recruiting....I know that I wouldn't want my daughter within 50 miles of a school who's administration tried to hide multiple rape allegations against it's own student athletes. Perhaps Baylor recruits might consider the other Texas schools like UT, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and SMU instead. It will be interesting to see how this shakes out..

In all fairness, would Baylor want your daughter?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Wait now, don't sleep on Dallas. Unlike Waco, Dallas is a "toddlin' " town man. With loads of things to do and places to go, all of it full of southern charm with just enough city-fied culture. All of these place though are well air conditioned for that Texas heat. Galveston ain't to far away, as is North Beach.

Waco. Well, that town has done much to eliminate a sordid history. It's a sprawl of ranch houses, but again, the people are (now) a fine example of graciousness and charm. But "toddlin' " it's not. No way I'm hatin' on Texas. Except for the Cowboys of course. That's a given.

Reaction Score
Before we start talking about punishment I think it would be nice to find out if Mr. Brandon Washington is guilty or innocent.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Ok ETT , now that you know don't let us hear about you hanging around Waco claiming to be just passing through.:D:D
Wontonly Wandering in Waco.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Apparently a lot more than rape , pillage , and lie.
Apparently. Don't forget murder.

HGN

Reaction Score
If Mulkey's wardrobe isn't deserving of the death penalty I don't know what is.
But she keeps trying to throw those jackets away.....But someone always finds it and gives it back to her.

JordyG

Reaction Score
If Mulkey's wardrobe isn't deserving of the death penalty I don't know what is.
I know I'm repeating myself, but if I were in a foxhole I'd have no trouble making room for Mulkey. But if I were on the bench next to her and wanted to win I'd wear earplugs and blinders and ignore the stuff she says and does outside of the huddleups.

Reaction Score
In all fairness, would Baylor want your daughter?

I was speaking in reference to a Texas based recruit's parent.............I know this is tough for a Baylor fan to deal with but you have to admit that this is not just about the football team, this is about folks in the upper echelon of the Baylor administration covering up the worst kind of crimes if proven to be true........so would you as a parent of an 18 year old girl feel 100% comfortable sending your child to that campus given those facts?

Reaction Score
BTW..........to answer your question directly........based on her academics I believe Baylor would very much want my daughter, based on her jump shot I tend to doubt it..........................

Reaction Score
Spent most (notice I didn't say the better part) of a year in El Paso, courtesy of the US Army. Went to Ciudad Juarez frequently. The cathedral was splendid. The Arena was engrossing. I've always loved the music associated with bull fighting. The night life was whatever you wanted it to be. I wouldn't recommend going there now. When this New Englander got homesick, Cloudcroft, New Mexico, with things like trees and grass, wasn't too far away.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I was speaking in reference to a Texas based recruit's parent..I know this is tough for a Baylor fan to deal with but you have to admit that this is not just about the football team, this is about folks in the upper echelon of the Baylor administration covering up the worst kind of crimes if proven to be true..so would you as a parent of an 18 year old girl feel 100% comfortable sending your child to that campus given those facts?

I know is is tough for you to understand...but that was a joke.

Quite frankly, if I had a daughter I would send her to an all-girls school.

Reaction Score
Apparently a lot more than rape , pillage , murder and lie.

It would seem, then, that they are in fact following the heritage of Christianity fairly well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom