Baylor / Iowa State On ESPN 2 | The Boneyard

Baylor / Iowa State On ESPN 2

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
This was a bad loss by Iowa State. Another one in the Big 12 Tournament and the Cyclones can surely kiss their #2 seed goodbye.

Reaction Score
if people wanna know why Iowa st was seeded, it was due to quad 1 wins. They have 5 ranked wins, including the biggest one being vs Iowa in a game they dominated.

Reaction Score
Iowa State loses by 25 at home and they are a 2 seed vs us as a 3....what a joke
Maybe they don’t deserve to be a 2 Seed but beating teams in the BE doesn’t deserve it either.

Reaction Score
Maybe they don’t deserve to be a 2 Seed but beating teams in the BE doesn’t deserve it either.
This is the old UCONN plays in a soft league argument. Maybe we do, but then how come we end up in all these Final Fours? 13 in a row I think. Do we end up playing good teams in the Sweet 16's and Elite 8's, Final Fours...
This years team virtually lost nothing from a FF team a year ago and added three significant players to that squad, Fudd, Ducharme and Juhasz.
Make us a 16 seed and I still like our chances to get to the Final Four.

Reaction Score
This is the old UCONN plays in a soft league argument. Maybe we do, but then how come we end up in all these Final Fours? 13 in a row I think. Do we end up playing good teams in the Sweet 16's and Elite 8's, Final Fours...
This years team virtually lost nothing from a FF team a year ago and added three significant players to that squad, Fudd, Ducharme and Juhasz.
Make us a 16 seed and I still like our chances to get to the Final Four.
Using your “look at the past” philosophy, Louisiana Tech should be a 1 seed. It doesn’t work that way and it shouldn’t. UCONN has a good shot at the NC. Personally, I don’t care what seed they wind up being. If they are that good, they beat everyone anyway. The final week of the regular season and the playoffs (except the BE). Have top teams playing each other. The losers will drop. Maybe UCONN benefits from those losses and moves up a seed. But, they don’t move up because they beat anyone in the BE. And they don’t move up because they went to Final Fours in the past.

Reaction Score
Using your “look at the past” philosophy, Louisiana Tech should be a 1 seed. It doesn’t work that way and it shouldn’t. UCONN has a good shot at the NC. Personally, I don’t care what seed they wind up being. If they are that good, they beat everyone anyway. The final week of the regular season and the playoffs (except the BE). Have top teams playing each other. The losers will drop. Maybe UCONN benefits from those losses and moves up a seed. But, they don’t move up because they beat anyone in the BE. And they don’t move up because they went to Final Fours in the past.
What are you smoking? Louisiana Tech are you kidding me....I am talking about players from 10 months ago , not 30 years....
We get it, you don't like the Big East....

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
They already have.
How's that? The first time they played Baylor won by 26. Today they won by 25. Now, if Iowa State has an early exit in the Tournament, then we'll see some movement. Otherwise, all that's changed are your hopes.

Reaction Score
How's that? The first time they played Baylor won by 26. Today they won by 25. Now, if Iowa State has an early exit in the Tournament, then we'll see some movement. Otherwise, all that's changed are your hopes.
The reveal came out before the loss tonight. It was also at home this time; devastating. Baylor certainly locked up the number five seed, but UConn really deserves number six. Anything to avoid playing SC in Greensboro.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Two takes from last night's game:

1. Iowa State looks like a weak 2 seed (as do Michigan and LSU, in my opinion).

2. Baylor looks like a threat to win the National Championship. I'd love to see them play S.C. early in the tourney.

Reaction Score

2. Baylor looks like a threat to win the National Championship. I'd love to see them play S.C. early in the tourney.
My take was that Iowa State plays terrible defense and lives and dies by the arc. They could make any strong team look like a threat to win a title.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
blah, blah, blah...'great' team gets blown out by other 'great' team, even tho they previously beat other 'great' teams.
they're all just playing to see which el stinko squad comes in second in the Huskie Invitational.
seriously, does anyone truly think that we are capable of 7 or 8 of our crew magically having an off night of shooting, rebounding, d, passing, etc, at the same time?
nonsense. a couple/tree, mebbe. all of these superstars at one time?
not happening. all the pretenders? at best, 2 or 3 deep.
enjoy the ride cuz it's big fun.

nobody else here, no one like us.
we're special, soooooooooo special.

we got brass in pocket.

Last edited:

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Despite that very bad loss for ISU I think if either Baylor or ISU wins the Big 12
tourney they will get a two seed.

My guess: regardless of Iowa State's seed they will be in the Wichita regional...if they get
that far. They are oft too dependent on the three ball. ISU fans travel well....and they will travel to Wichita and sell out the arena.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Baylor was already #5 overall before last night's game. After that beatdown on the road against the #6 team, they are strongly locked into a high 2 seed. Highly unlikely they'll be in SC's region.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

Baylor looked incredible last night.

But, in their prior 2 outings (65-58 win at Oklahoma State, and 85-77 home win against Kansas), they didn't look like a Top 8 team; those scores didn't get close at the end of the game; they were close the entire game.

A team that only plays 7 players is susceptible if their best players(s) get into foul trouble and have to sit on the bench for extended periods of time.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Iowa State loses by 25 at home and they are a 2 seed vs us as a 3....what a joke
One game can’t affect the overall seeding. UConn’s wins in the Big East games are not moving the needle, either.

2374A5F5-0708-4236-8E43-725C3CF1B821.jpeg

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
One game can’t affect the overall seeding. UConn’s wins in the Big East games are not moving the needle, either.

View attachment 73894
Yes & no. From the prior reveal to this last one, UConn jumped 2 spots from 11th to 9th. That still leaves the Huskies as a 3 seed in Greensboro, but UConn only needs to jump 1 more team to get to a 2-seed and some home cooking in the Bridgeport Region.

That may have already occurred with IOSt’s bad loss at home last night vs Baylor. As insurance UConn needs a “take no prisoners” approach at the BE Tournament, and hopefully a quick exit by Iowa St, Michigan and/or LSU from their respective Conference tournaments.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Yes & no. From the prior reveal to this last one, UConn jumped 2 spots from 11th to 9th. That still leaves the Huskies as a 3 seed in Greensboro, but UConn only needs to jump 1 more team to get to a 2-seed and some home cooking in the Bridgeport Region.

That may have already occurred with IOSt’s bad loss at home last night vs Baylor. As insurance UConn needs a “take no prisoners” approach at the BE Tournament, and hopefully a quick exit by Iowa St, Michigan and/or LSU from their respective Conference tournaments.
Being a low 2 seed does not guarantee a spot in Bridgeport. If the committee had switched UConn and Michigan (#8 and #9 overall), the regional placements would have been exactly the same.

There is no way that Iowa State is dropping 3 spots because of one loss to a top 5 team. If they lose their next game to West Virginia, or if they lose to a weak team in their first game of the Big 12 tournament, then yes their 2 seed is in jeopardy.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

AP and USA Today rankings have no weight with the selection committee. They aren’t considered at all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom