Baylor Coach has given Geno the keys to the new car | The Boneyard

Baylor Coach has given Geno the keys to the new car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Geno got a good look at Baylor on Sunday and Coach Kim gave me the recipe:"Brittney is only as good as her point guard," Mulkey said. "Brittney can't run the show out there; Brittney is dependent on her point guard. If those two are on different pages, we can't win a championship. They don't have to be best friends. Just make sure when you step on the floor, 'I've got you, you've got me, let's work this thing together.'"

Can't wait for Sunday night!!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I have a feeling Geno already knew that.
Agreed- post players are deeply dependent on their guards getting them the ball at the right time and in the right spots. It's the nature of the position.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I think Geno knew that already. Stop the entry pass and the pick and roll and Griner has a harder time. Plus, UConn has some of the interior size that SJ didn't have, not to mention the skill players. But, of course, we looked shabby for a long 2nd half stretch against SH, so maybe Kim got a few ideas of her own. Get Steph into foul trouble and we are pretty different, too.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I will say, however, that Baylor is dealing with some chemistry issues just a little bit right now. There have been some very pointed comments from Kim after the last couple of games, and even a comment by Sims after their previous games. They're a dangerous team and going to be really tough to beat (especially twice), but it's noticable.

Reaction Score
I see UCONN playing a very aggressive top of the key guard defense.....oh wait...they already do

HGN

Reaction Score
Geno got a good look at Baylor on Sunday and Coach Kim gave me the recipe:"Brittney is only as good as her point guard," Mulkey said. "Brittney can't run the show out there; Brittney is dependent on her point guard. If those two are on different pages, we can't win a championship. They don't have to be best friends. Just make sure when you step on the floor, 'I've got you, you've got me, let's work this thing together.'"

Can't wait for Sunday night!!
The key will be if we can harass Sims and their other guards enough to make it difficult to make entry passes into Griner.....Limiting Griner's touches from their guards will do it. Press them all over the court and force outside shots.

Against St. John's , it didnt appear that Baylor is too deep. Once pass Griner, Sims , and Pope , they have little to fear. Unlike the UConn bench featuring Lewis , Buck, Banks , and Stokes.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Geno got a good look at Baylor on Sunday and Coach Kim gave me the recipe:"Brittney is only as good as her point guard," Mulkey said. "Brittney can't run the show out there; Brittney is dependent on her point guard.
That's a fair approximation of what Geno said about Maya.

Reaction Score
"They don't have to be best friends..., why would the coach even say this ??

Seems like their coach is saying BG and Simms in some fashion or another are not fond of each other, would be some thing to try to exploit throughout the game, could cause a bit of a breakdown within the Baylor squad as it were. Regardless Uconn wins this one imo

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
"They don't have to be best friends..., why would the coach even say this ??

Seems like their coach is saying BG and Simms in some fashion or another are not fond of each other, would be some thing to try to exploit throughout the game, could cause a bit of a breakdown within the Baylor squad as it were. Regardless Uconn wins this one imo
she was either just using it as a simple example and it means nothing other than making a point, or she's alluding to some chemistry issues on the team. we as casual fans will probably never know...

Reaction Score
Good post by all, Kim said after the Baylor game that her team needed to go back to the gym the next day and learn how to rebound the ball........BG to too good to stop once she has the ball in the low post, UCONN will keep the pressure on Sims and the other guards......I was proud of the way St. John played.......They ran out of gas and a few injuries short of an upset.......

Reaction Score
Good post by all, Kim said after the Baylor game that her team needed to go back to the gym the next day and learn how to rebound the ball........BG to too good to stop once she has the ball in the low post, UCONN will keep the pressure on Sims and the other guards......I was proud of the way St. John played.......They ran out of gas and a few injuries short of an upset.......
Yes, St. John's was a pleasant surprise
I did not expect that much from them, considering that they lost to DePaul by 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom