Baylor at OU | The Boneyard

Baylor at OU

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Has anyone been watching. I just turned it on and I saw that OU's two best players Campbell and Ellenberg have already fouled out with at least 13 minutes left in the 2nd half...

Did anyone see these fouls... I find it odd that two starters are already fouled out at OU's court.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Been watching the game. There have been a few questionable calls. The 5th on Ellenberg was bogus. She had the ball and the call should have been a jump ball. The call that fouled out Campbell was very questionable. Campbell was moved out by Agbuke with a big push. Then Agbuke kind of leaned on her in a semi flop.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Okay. I was kind of wondering because Ellenberg at least has always seemed like a level-headed and smart player so I was surprised she was fouled out already.

Hook has stepped up but they keep making mistakes. Baylor should win but it shouldn't be this close. OU talent level is no where near Baylor's now.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
OU should be better than they are, they have some good parts!

nice to see 2 of Geno's favorite coaches compete against each other

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Nina Davis with 19 points and 13 rebounds. She was the 52nd ranked player coming out of HS and is one of the top freshmen in the country. Goes to show that these rankings can occasionally be way off. Imani Wright is emerging as a really good player and was ranked 31. Baylor's freshman class is very good.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
That parts that OU has can be good but hard when your Senior leader is out..Carter looks good and Hook is strong too.

ETT: This was the first I really saw Davis...your cupboard won't be bare next year. She's got game. She'll be impressive and if Prince can heal Baylor has a future.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
An 8-24 shooting night for Sims puts her at 44.9% shooting for the year. Still respectable, but the recent shooting trend will have her at 40% by the time the tourney starts.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Odyssey has been struggling with her shot. But she makes up for it my getting to the line. I really like Davis and Wright. Small has been a disappointment. She is great at getting to the rim but her shot looks flat.

Last edited:

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I love Kara doing the color on these games. Smart, insightful, and not afraid to speak her mind. AND her observations are typically ABOUT THE GAME!!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Maybe the reason shes struggling is two fold. Baylor is playing better teams and she's getting tired from taking to many shots. I watched tonites game and it reminded me a little of the UConn Baylor game with UConn in a lot of foul trouble. Baylor looks good when they pass the ball. When Sims is shooting to much they don't. Davis and Wright both look good.

I saw OK play Fairfield Univ and was not impressed with OK. They didn't look good at all. With their two top scorers on the bench they seemed to come alive.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I love Kara doing the color on these games. Smart, insightful, and not afraid to speak her mind. AND her observations are typically ABOUT THE GAME!!

Agreed. Not a bunch of fluff and over-used stories. She really good.

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Maybe the reason shes struggling is two fold. Baylor is playing better teams and she's getting tired from taking to many shots. I watched tonites game and it reminded me a little of the UConn Baylor game with UConn in a lot of foul trouble. Baylor looks good when they pass the ball. When Sims is shooting to much they don't. Davis and Wright both look good.

I saw OK play Fairfield Univ and was not impressed with OK. They didn't look good at all. With their two top scorers on the bench they seemed to come alive.

She is missing some really easy shots. I think she is using the floater too much instead of taking the jumper.

Reaction Score
Isn't Nina Davis from Tennessee? Another escapee? She had a double-double tonight in 11 minutes. Must be making some orange butts twitch.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
leaners, trying to create contact
Was her arm and/or hand out pushing off, too. When they are calling the defense they way they are they have to call that on the offense.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Was her arm and/or hand out pushing off, too. When they are calling the defense they way they are they have to call that on the offense.
you're talking about her dribbling... we're talking about her shot, in the air, release etc.

Reaction Score

I have watch the Uconn game a few times and the last game where Sims blatantly almost always has her off arm extended to ward off defender. How can that occur wothout her being called for it ?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
you're talking about her dribbling... we're talking about her shot, in the air, release etc.
I have even seen her do it in the air on shots.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Nina Davis is a really dynamic athlete. AND she shows a real hunger for the ball on both the offensive and defensive glass. High motor. Driven.

She's a keeper.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Nina Davis is a really dynamic athlete. AND she shows a real hunger for the ball on both the offensive and defensive glass. High motor. Driven.

She's a keeper.

She has the desire that you can't teach. There have been, and are, many players with more talent that simply didn't reach their potential because they didn't have the desire that she shows. She doesn't frown and whine when something doesn't go her way...she just picks herself up and moves on to the next play. Such a pleasant surprise this year.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
she's learning... cause she know next year is all hers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads