Baylor (1) @ Oklahoma St - 1/30/19 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Baylor (1) @ Oklahoma St - 1/30/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Tide seems to have turned in Baylor's favor, they have gotten a couple blocks on defense the last couple of OSU possessions.

Reaction Score
How did you like the FT disparity?
24-29 BAY
7-9 OSU

Reaction Score
Oklahoma State radio announcers stated several times that OSU played Baylor as well as/as close as any team including UCONN which Baylor beat by 11. Problem is they were incorrect. They totally omitted, ignored, forgot, or foolishly overlooked Baylor's loss to Stanford until finally realizing their mistake at the end of the broadcast. Not too bright. Blamed the loss at least in part on the officials for their bad calls/non calls and unfair protection of Baylor (in their opinion, not mine). Well, free throws were 9 to 29 in favor of Baylor.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tough game but great teams win games like this one. OSU did show Baylor weaknesses, appear to get flustered when game is tight and defense is pressing.

Reaction Score
I like OSU’s Vivian Gray. Didn’t have her best shooting night tonight, but she is a do-it-all forward. A skilled, athletic 6-1 who can score inside and out. Her story is even more unique, as a 5-star (at one point top-20) recruit, she opted to begin at D2 Fort Lewis, turning down offers from OU, OSU, Baylor, and Texas among others. Has been surprisingly a pretty smooth transition from D2 to Power 5.

Reaction Score
How did you like the FT disparity?
24-29 BAY
7-9 OSU
I liked it very much. Oklahoma State did play a very physical defense to try and deny Baylor the paint. They picked up a lot of fouls, but did successfully disrupt the Baylor offense for large portions of the game. OSU really slowed down on offense and then Asberry made them pay by hitting an improbable number of threes. She was 6-8 from three after entering the game as a 29% shooter. De Lapp banked in a three on her first career attempt from distance. It was that kind of game. Oklahoma State played hard and disciplined and made Baylor earn everything.

On the other side, Baylor made more boneheaded mistakes than I can ever remember. 16 turnovers, of which at least 10 were unforced. I counted at least 7 missed layups that I would consider gimmes. Spent too much time trying to force the ball into the paint to Brown instead of trying to find the open man outside. It's not like they haven't seen that defense before, and should've adapted faster. I may have missed some but I don't think Kim made a single substitution in the second half. I'm just going to hope that was our clunker the season and be happy we got away with a win. Can't count on many wins when you shoot 36% and are -9 on turnovers.

Reaction Score
Even in close games at the beginning of the season (ASU, SDSU, etc.) it seemed like Kim was using the bench a whole lot. Egbo, Smith, even Bickle were getting minutes in close games.

I am interested to this Baylor team after Brown and Jackson.

Reaction Score
Weird to see Nalyssa Smith only getting 5 minutes...

But Baylor focused to much on getting the ball inside to Brown. Can't commit all those unforced turnovers either.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Baylor wins it at the foul line 24 to 7 . OKSt only 7 turnovers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom