Batouly! | The Boneyard

Batouly!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Rebounding and toughness are obvious but I really like her passing. Makes direct intelligent passes. I think she will be a significant piece next year and will contribute in the tournament.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Lest we forget that Batouly started 15 games for Kentucky her freshman year. She's way past the "awe" stage. We must remember that this is not her first time around the block. She's not a rookie. Had she not transferred, she'd be a junior.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Batouly reminds me a little of Samarie, except Samarie transferred to Kentucky and Batouly transferred from Kentucky.
images

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Lest we forget that Batouly started 15 games for Kentucky her freshman year. She's way past the "awe" stage. We must remember that this is not her first time around the block. She's not a rookie. Had she not transferred, she'd be a junior.
she's a rookie in Geno's eyes, shooooot Z is a rookie as well

Reaction Score
I would not be surprised if very soon, Batouly is the 2nd player off the bench.
Love to see this happen. She gets few minutes with the starters and we likely will need her toughness against the "bigs" of Baylor, Texas, etc. Her skills, experience, and upside are all there. While I recognize its typically against lower level teams, when Batouly and another player connect, she usually has the ball and the competitor goes flying.

Reaction Score
I thought Batouly did great vs. Toulane. I kept thinking that she's going to be a beast on the boards as she gets more playing time.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Batouly reminds me a little of Samarie, except Samarie transferred to Kentucky and Batouly transferred from Kentucky.
She also reminds me a bit of Morgan Tuck. Obviously not as highly rated nor as effective, but the things that are similar - strong build, smooth movements, and never hurried. I am NOT saying she will be an AA like Morgan was, but I do see similarities in their games...

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
She also reminds me a bit of Morgan Tuck. Obviously not as highly rated nor as effective, but the things that are similar - strong build, smooth movements, and never hurried. I am NOT saying she will be an AA like Morgan was, but I do see similarities in their games...
I like to refer to Batouly as a “working man’s Morgan Tuck” for all the reasons you cite.

Reaction Score
I agree. I also think she looks just a bit more explosive/quicker than Morgan. Hopefully she will be able to master the angles and positioning of the game like her too.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
There’s one other unfortunate similarity. Both Morgan & Batouly suffer with knee problems.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
She has an Ashley Battle type of toughness
Ok so let's hope she's the "love child" of Ashley Battle and Morgan Tuck - what a great combo of toughness and skill for a player to have!!! Like all UCONN fans, I''m rooting for Batouly big time. I do think she can be more than "just a solid contributor" - I think she can be part of the core group of starters/subs in big games (meaning if Geno goes 7 deep, she's one of the core 7).

I hope I'm not expecting/hoping for too much from her. She was highly ranked coming out of HS. Geno recruited her as he saw something(s) in her he liked. I hope now that she's healthy that she can reach the potential he saw in her a few years back. Go B!!!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Is it the "knee brace" thing?

Reaction Score
On nearly every play one of our kids is picking themselves up off the floor, some several times a game. When Batouly checks in, the other guys hit the deck for a change. Mindful of Tamika, Jamelle and Bam Bam. Refreshing!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
On nearly every play one of our kids is picking themselves up off the floor, some several times a game. When Batouly checks in, the other guys hit the deck for a change. Mindful of Tamika, Jamelle and Bam Bam. Refreshing!
The other thing that I find truly endearing about Batouly is that she’s always smiling, even while she’s knocking opponents on their ass.

Reaction Score
Ok so let's hope she's the "love child" of Ashley Battle and Morgan Tuck - what a great combo of toughness and skill for a player to have!!! Like all UCONN fans, I''m rooting for Batouly big time. I do think she can be more than "just a solid contributor" - I think she can be part of the core group of starters/subs in big games (meaning if Geno goes 7 deep, she's one of the core 7).

I hope I'm not expecting/hoping for too much from her. She was highly ranked coming out of HS. Geno recruited her as he saw something(s) in her he liked. I hope now that she's healthy that she can reach the potential he saw in her a few years back. Go B!!!

If she turns into that combination, we will really have something. I'm hoping for the remainder of this year she continues to progress. Minimally it would be nice to have 5 more physical fouls to give when its gets rough tumble out there. She has been moving so much more freely the last couple of games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom