Batouly Camara | The Boneyard

Batouly Camara

Reaction Score
Can anyone tell me what is happening with Batouly? It seems every time she gets in a game she does good things but she doesn't even play most of the time. Are her knees still limiting her or is she just in the doghouse?

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
I am guessing here and am not trying to bash anyone but I think that it is hard for Geno to put all the bench players on the court at the same time. It seems that the offense comes to a standstill. Tonight, the subs were scoring almost at will for a few minutes, so he took out CW and put her in and she played quite well, as did everybody else. I believe only Mikayla was scoreless but she put up some shots.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She was the last one off the bench but then got a fair number of minutes. So the question remains why isn’t she seeing playing time earlier or at more crucial times in games.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Her knee health is problematic

Camara said, “I can’t be tentative. My teammates and this team need all of me, and that’s what I want to give every time I step on the floor or in games. I want to give all of me regardless of how I feel. Some days that’s better than others. But I just want everyone to know they’re going to get the best of me that day regardless.”

The Bristol Press - Camara is happy to play supporting role with UConn women's basketball

Reaction Score
Thank you all. I remember watching her at KY her freshman year and was excited when she transferred. Hopefully she'll recover well enough to live up to her potential. Well need her next year.

Reaction Score
Her knee health is problematic

Camara said, “I can’t be tentative. My teammates and this team need all of me, and that’s what I want to give every time I step on the floor or in games. I want to give all of me regardless of how I feel. Some days that’s better than others. But I just want everyone to know they’re going to get the best of me that day regardless.”

The Bristol Press - Camara is happy to play supporting role with UConn women's basketball
Thanks, Nan. Hard getting info here in NC.

Reaction Score
I read the article you included Nan. For me it helps answer why her minutes are limited but not why those limited minutes come as the last player off the bench. I still think we can use her size and strength come tournament time and it would be helpful to get her more time with the starters.

Reaction Score
I read the article you included Nan. For me it helps answer why her minutes are limited but not why those limited minutes come as the last player off the bench. I still think we can use her size and strength come tournament time and it would be helpful to get her more time with the starters.
If we need her at tournament time, would seem to be in everyone's best interests to play her earlier in games against better talent. Tough to improve when you are playing against the subs of some of the worst teams.

Reaction Score
As I've said before Batouly when healthy is a really good BB player and can add a new dimension to the Huskies game plan! I've liked her game since she played for KY and thought she'd be a prime-time player but her injuries have robbed her of some important playing time! Her conditioning cannot be where it should be because of those injuries.
If she can get healthy, watch out!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I think Batouly is like Brittany Hunter in that her playing time will be determined by how well she’s feeling that day. Maybe her knees were bothering her last night.

Reaction Score
I might be remembering incorrectly, but I thought she got in the game against Baylor and did well on defense, but picked up fouls pretty quickly.

Reaction Score
I think Batouly is like Brittany Hunter in that her playing time will be determined by how well she’s feeling that day. Maybe her knees were bothering her last night.
I really really liked Brittany Hunter. I was thinking of her the other day as similar to Touly

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Whenever Touly hits the floor you know you're going to get everything she has. She just has so much heart as a player. It's kind of sad because I see such a terrific player in there just dying to get out, dying to show what she can really do, and her knees just won't let her. No one roots harder for her than I. Go Touly!

Reaction Score
It's nice to be positive about Batouly but in reality she appears to lack the skill set to be an impactful D1 player at this time. She is foul prone and can't stay healthy. Geno has been quoted as saying she fouls on every other play. Hard to get playing time when you have a coach who prides himself on having a team that doesn't foul.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It's nice to be positive about Batouly but in reality she appears to lack the skill set to be an impactful D1 player at this time. She is foul prone and can't stay healthy. Geno has been quoted as saying she fouls on every other play. Hard to get playing time when you have a coach who prides himself on having a team that doesn't foul.
She’s already been an impactful Div I player at Kentucky

Reaction Score

I disagree with that statement vehemently. Camara is and has been an impact player. Her freshman year in KY proved her bona fides. Her minutes against Baylor proves her worth. The reason for my question initially is because she shows so much potential every time she gets in the game. Her problems certainly don't arise because of lack of talent or desire. You can easily see her drive whenever she plays.
It's nice to be positive about Batouly but in reality she appears to lack the skill set to be an impactful D1 player at this time.

Reaction Score
She’s already been an impactful Div I player at Kentucky
Has been but not now. All I'm being is realistic. I would love it if she turned it around but it doesn't seem likely.

Reaction Score
If we need her at tournament time, would seem to be in everyone's best interests to play her earlier in games against better talent. Tough to improve when you are playing against the subs of some of the worst teams.

If only there were a place where one could develop ones skills and learn via repetition. Hmm but what would we call it? Alas.

Reaction Score
Whenever Touly hits the floor you know you're going to get everything she has. She just has so much heart as a player. It's kind of sad because I see such a terrific player in there just dying to get out, dying to show what she can really do, and her knees just won't let her. No one roots harder for her than I. Go Touly!

BC is known for picks and screens but she seems to have a really nice touch on her jump shot from within 15 feet..............they should be looking to get her a bit more involved in the offense when she's on the floor............

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom