Batouly Camara to KY | The Boneyard

Batouly Camara to KY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
6'2 PF from NY that UConn had had some interest in.
With UConn's commits so far, I thought it unlikely that a #25 (composite) ranked player would end up at UConn.

Also, #69 Danni Williams (5'11, G, NM) to Texas A&M.

U

UCONNfan1

Nice pick up for them. She's a "bigger" body at 6'2" - more like Wilnett Crockett - but not as fit (yet). Having a big strong banger in the post is not a bad thing - I don't think UCONN really has that once Stokes leaves. I get the impression that for all the athleticism that Collier and Boykin possess, they are more finesse/skill players rather than rugged bang in the post types...

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Having a big strong banger in the post is not a bad thing - I don't think UCONN really has that once Stokes leaves. I get the impression that for all the athleticism that Collier and Boykin possess, they are more finesse/skill players rather than rugged bang in the post types...

Yeah, but how often has UConn had or needed those types of players? Like Tarausi said the other day, UConn has specialized in using skill to beat size and strength.

Having said that, Butler's size--and hopefully skill--should be more than enough down low for a while.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Yeah, but how often has UConn had or needed those types of players? Like Tarausi said the other day, UConn has specialized in using skill to beat size and strength.

Having said that, Butler's size--and hopefully skill--should be more than enough down low for a while.
Butler will be very hard to defend with her size and the players surrounding her. I cant tell you how sky high I am on her. One year off and working with the UConn coaches and I think we have a very very good post player while most other teams will find it very hard to defend her. Breanna Stewarts and MoJeffs senior year will be another team that will be unbelievable and UConn team will be one of the best ever to play WCBB again.

Reaction Score
Nice pick up for them. She's a "bigger" body at 6'2" - more like Wilnett Crockett - but not as fit (yet). Having a big strong banger in the post is not a bad thing - I don't think UCONN really has that once Stokes leaves. I get the impression that for all the athleticism that Collier and Boykin possess, they are more finesse/skill players rather than rugged bang in the post types...
Maybe but from ever video I have seen they are very fit and fast and good midrange shooters.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Good get for Kentucky. So that leaves UCONN still looking at (sorta at least) Durr, Brown and Ogunbowale.

Don't know if any of them are "needed", but any would be a very good get for UCONN. And I wouldn't turn down any of them. But even without any of them, the 2015 class is a great recruiting class.

HGN

Reaction Score
Good get for Kentucky. So that leaves UCONN still looking at (sorta at least) Durr, Brown and Ogunbowale.

Don't know if any of them are "needed", but any would be a very good get for UCONN. And I wouldn't turn down any of them. But even without any of them, the 2015 class is a great recruiting class.
Meyers I agree with you...........But if UConn is fortunate enough to be able to add Durr to its existing 2015 recruiting class (with Butler) it will make that class Un-worldly. Almost guaranteeing 4 more FF's and multiple NC's..... But all we can do is wait and see.

Reaction Score
Had Camara committed to UConn, where would they have put her? I have a feeling that was in the back of her mind when she committed to Kentucky. We can't get them all, nor do we need them all. Six was enough last year. As far as bangers go, Natalie Butler will be more than enough.

Reaction Score
Two nice verbals for the Sec, the league is starting to reel in top talent again. I'm calling this to be the year that their final four drought ends too:)

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Some more details (P.S. I am upset I wasn't first with this story. I wanted the headline to be Kentucky Shoots and will Develop Camara.)

That's OK, "b" - when I first saw the thread, I thought that Batouly Camara sounded like something on the menu that came just after Baba Gnoush!:D

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
That's OK, "b" - when I first saw the thread, I thought that Batouly Camara sounded like something on the menu that came just after Baba Gnoush!:D

Baba Gnoush, yes, I knew her in high school. She was the second most popular Baba in the class after Ann.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score

Like tabouli? :)

1280px-Flickr_-_cyclonebill_-_Tabbouleh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member