Basketball Withdrawal | The Boneyard

Basketball Withdrawal

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Does anyone else suffer from basketball withdrawal when the college season is over? The next time I'll be able to see a game in person will be when the Fever (definitely with Destanni Henderson and likely with Aliyah Boston and/or Brea Beal) play at the Liberty in May. I'm going to that game with a fellow Gamecock from NJ.

While the Charlotte Hornets play only an hour and 15 minutes from my house, the NBA is a poor substitute, IMO. Baseball is also a poor substitute.

Reaction Score
As a UCONN fan, after the past two seasons, I don't miss it one bit. LOL! It was far too emotional for me and I'm still drained from it. What I do at this point, is really get into the W. It's such good basketball and I'm not nearly as invested in a team as I am at the college level. I obviously have teams I like more than others and I love to see the Husky players do well, but it's just not the same.

What I do now, is get excited for the optimism that is next season.

Reaction Score
Hoop summit tonight on NBA tv is fun. Toby fornier (forgive the spelling) is a lot of fun.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Does anyone else suffer from basketball withdrawal when the college season is over? The next time I'll be able to see a game in person will be when the Fever (definitely with Destanni Henderson and likely with Aliyah Boston and/or Brea Beal) play at the Liberty in May. I'm going to that game with a fellow Gamecock from NJ.

While the Charlotte Hornets play only an hour and 15 minutes from my house, the NBA is a poor substitute, IMO. Baseball is also a poor substitute.
I have Huskie's WBB withdrawal but only until the conference season in Softball starts. This keeps me until the Softball World Series is over in early June. Then the Huskie's WBB withdrawal begins again.

Reaction Score
I go through this ever year. It lasts at least until camping/outdoor season gets started. The way the season ended has made this year particularly bad.

Reaction Score
Yeah. Glad that I am not the only one feeling this way. I supplement my withdrawals by watching a ton of games on YouTube or other streaming services until the season starts.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
For hubby and me, this is always the hardest part of the year. We are not baseball fans, are very casual NBA fans (Celtics), and have adopted the TB Lightning since moving to FL, as we stopped watching NHL years ago when Whalers left CT. Women's World Cup will keep us busy July-August, then NFL again. One way to get thru the lack of UCWBB hoop this summer is reading the articles that come out of the European trip.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
The knot in my stomach over the season ending losses from 2017 on have generally lasted about four days. This one was closer to six.

Then the Masters golf tournament arrives on schedule and with it, the renewal of Spring.

Went through two Springs when baseball was everything, first with me then with my son. Hiatus now, but two grandsons might change that in a few years.

Reaction Score
No withdrawal. I had to get away after the FF loss (depressing). Had to get myself up to tune in to the NC game. Gamecock baseball team is having a tremendous season so far, the softball team is doing alright - playing better than they have the last few seasons, and watching Braves games, has satisfied most my sports viewing. I have been checking out The Masters and hoping a PGA Tour golfer takes it. Not looking good atm (Koepka [LIV] leading as I type). WNBA will be here soon enough and I will be tuning in to most of the games of teams with Gamecocks on it while rooting for the Aces to repeat.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Since our favorite team is the UConn women, there is always some withdrawl. We use Fubo to watch the women during the regular season. Got to watch many of the men's bb games on FS!. It is very difficult to watch other UConn sports down here in Florida.

That being said, the wife has her shows she watches. As to sports, she follows the Red Sox. As for me, baseball season is here. I follow the Yanks, but they are not on TV here in Florida. So I have been following the Rays for 7 seasons now. We have been to a hand full of games. The Trop, Tropicana Field, is a horrible venue, with terrible parking. Easier to see on TV.

Casual fan of the Lightning.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I am not sure how this time of year (Final until May 11) can claim withdrawel as the WCBB news cycles with all the Transfer portal, WNBA Draft and 2024 recruits all heating up certainly is must "pay attention" social media activity. After May 11, most of us can shift to the Softball tournaments. But until then, this is a very exciting time, for me at least.
Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The UConn men helped hold off the withdrawal pains for a while. :)

Go to some AAU games in your area. Maybe you’ll see some stars of tomorrow

Click on Events

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
No withdrawal for me. I was glad that the season finally ended. I was an absentee boyfriend during the month of March, and now is the time to make it up :confused: Apple hunting, winery visits, axe throwing, picnics, day trips, fishing etc.

Man November can't get here soon enough

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom