Basketball TV visibility will go down in Big East | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Basketball TV visibility will go down in Big East

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Former Kingston, RI native and PC fan (sorry) but now living in Omaha. A couple of thoughts about BE Tv package vs AAC. The BE has games on Fox, FS1, CBS and CBSSN. The coverage was amazing in that all but 3 Creighton games were on TV. And they were all non conference games versus cupcakes. The numbers may not be equal to ESPN but there are plenty of advantages. First. I don't think anyone cares how many other people are watching the game as long as you can. I'd trade be able to watch 90 percent of my games on TV than what ESPN offered. A buddy of mine joked a few years ago he was glad his Huskers played us because then he can watch a game. And NE has their own network/

Second. Obviously CBS and Fox have NFL games during the season. Put a number besides your name and the football audiences (which dwarfs anything ESPN has except MNF) will see your program during in game promos. And there has been times when BE games led in to playoff games.

Third. I know just a little about the future of TV and a lot of you are correct about digital and streaming. In the next five years you will see more content moving towards Amazon and Yahoo. See what the NFL is doing. It is still a few years away. Let ESPN work out the bugs. I guarantee you, everyone will be equal within a few years.

Fourth. The money is pretty good considering it's for hoops, a little soccer and lacrosse

@nomar somewhere in middle america?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
sooo as a NBE hater you're just disregarding the opinions of hurley, geno and even calhoun? they've all praised the move as a recruiting boon. if the coaches and recruits don't care about Nielsen ratings why should i?

i still havent even been able to process the prospect of teams like kansas, texas tech, michigan state and OSU coming to gampel for the Big East-Big10 and Big East-Big12 challenges. but then again maybe no one will watch those games cause they'll be on FS1? LMAO!
sooo... be careful about cherry picking what JC interviews you read he is very concerned about the football situation and has hinted that if that isnt worked out it may not be the correct move
of course DH is going to be for it
geno just hates the travel with the aac that i fully understand
no guarantee that the NBE/BG10 series will be an ongoing thing
a long term commitment to the NBE may be wonderful for basketball but is not ideal for a school like UConn

Reaction Score
We won't be playing ECU at 2pm on superbowl Sunday, that's for sure
Uggh! This is why I've missed more Uconn games in the last 5 years than I had in the previous 25! It was absolutely unthinkable that id miss a game. But when all this conference realignment and the terrible tv deals where it became a chore or an expense to watch games my watching went down the drain. It hasn't started but I already cant wait for 2019-20 season to be over lol! Cant wait to go back home. BE tourney at MSG? Im beyond happy!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I spend 40+ hours a week on a laptop... I don’t want to watch basketball on a laptop.
We’re a program that deserves to be on TV.

I don’t either, although I have done so on my iPad. But I don’t get the point, all those streaming services are available on TVs. For public sports bars, I get the point that linear is 99% of it. At home you need to be pretty far behind the times not be able to stream on your TV.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I spend 40+ hours a week on a laptop... I don’t want to watch basketball on a laptop.
We’re a program that deserves to be on TV.

Buy a Chromecast. Any time in the future you have to steam something, this will be a seamless way to get the content from your laptop to the TV.

I live in TN now, so I have to stream a lot of the local NY / NE sports. Using Chromecast, I watch can watch Hulu Live, HBO GO and Netflix right on my TV as if it was just another channel.

Edit: Bonus is you can also stream from your phone and/or tablet as well, and then your phone acts almost like a remote for whatever you are streaming.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom