Basketball players sue NCAA over NIL use in March Madness promos (several UConn players included) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Basketball players sue NCAA over NIL use in March Madness promos (several UConn players included)

Reaction Score
At the end of the day, these naming rights and images are minimal at best.

The money is all coming from boosters to get kids to play at their schools now.

Let's not pretend these are advertisers dying to get Alex Oriakhi and Roscoe Smith to hock their product, unless of course the product was a mumu or a cheap but reliable watch.

Reaction Score
do the nba and nfl have to pay every player that appears in an ad for the playoffs? genuinely asking but i doubt it.
They all sign standard NBA and NFL contracts so I'm assuming there's something in there that allows the league to do that without compensating the players.

I guess the NCAA could put something in the standard NLI that has similar language.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
No just pay them if you are going to show their image. Its the same for songs. Musicians were never compensated before song plays were tracked now they are.
lol what? You ever hear of advances, percentages and publishing?

David Crosby ( RIP I love him) crying poor about streamlng music and not getting a cut were so misguided for a man who was getting million dollar advances per record plus percentages of sales and also sold his publishing rights for a freebase habit.

I

Reaction Score
The compensation game is just nuts. Anytime anyone uses any part of my name in a sentence publicly better pay me money.

This is my problem. Where does it end? Next thing you know, players are going to be demanding payment from the NCAA or carriers everytime a game with them in it is broadcasted.

Reaction Score
This is my problem. Where does it end? Next thing you know, players are going to be demanding payment from the NCAA or carriers everytime a game with them in it is broadcasted.
This is covered by the House proposed settlement

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Wasn't Boat held out from playing while the NCAA "investigated" his Mom's bank accounts all the while selling Boatright jerseys? Yeah I hope our guys get something out of this
Good memory! I forgot what a shaft to Boat that was at the time when some folks in the NCAA were practicing a weird form of equality among its members. Uconn was an NCAA whipping boy in those days. Important to remember the anguish of Boat at the time with all that weight hanging over him when he was just a teenager. I can't speak about the others because of the retroactive nature of the lawsuit prior to the NIL changes but sometimes "overdue justice" to some comes through the wisdom of a higher power who "frowns on bullies." Reminiscent of the wheels of justice which sometimes seem to turn slowly but later prove to have perfect timing. Boat will always have a special place in the hearts of Uconn fans. An amazing amount of toughness and a champion.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Attorneys make 98,000,000

Players split 2,000,000

Another injustice fixed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads