Basketball is a team sport not an individual sport | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Basketball is a team sport not an individual sport

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Edwards Dorka and Ice will be depended on to score this season . We have a very balanced scoring team and need Nika to be a threat to score with pull up shots especially on fast breaks and she needs to hit open shots. Bottom line Nika needs to be on the floor and should be on the floor for extended minutes this season. Azzi can play the point and when she does expect to see Caroline and Lou on either side of her.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
lou already has played 4 years on div 1 ball ... and quite well

Reaction Score
Lou’s not an unknown quantity at D1. She’s played a couple games against D1 competition. She played well against both Indiana and Texas last year. I don’t know what Geno saw, but I can guess. The girl’s a shooter. We’ll see if she can play D at this level. I bet she can.
You of course are correct. But, you know, as I do: Playing for Geno is a different set of circumstances. Lou shall not be throwing the ball at any time she chooses (when you are a D2 or lower, typically a scorer SHOOTS) Geno's manner, again typically not cast in stone, is to pass to those with the better shot.
Having said all that--I , as much as most Uconn WBB fans, hope she, when needed fills that hoop early and often. I'm not an anti-fan of Lou, I'm a wait and See Uconn fan.

Reaction Score
We need to ask ourselves how can UConn develop back up PG's if Nika can't come off the floor.
If Geno wants to insure that there's back up PG's, then Nika will need to come off the floor so someone else can learn the position.

I can see Ice becoming an important scorer because of her dependable midrange shooting ability.
She may be able to switch in & out with multiple players because she seems extremely versatile.
IMO Ice has the potential to be a real wild card for UConn, and she reminds me of Napheesa Collier.
Sure hope you are right about Ice! If we can have another Phee on our team, good things are in store.

Reaction Score
You of course are correct. But, you know, as I do: Playing for Geno is a different set of circumstances. Lou shall not be throwing the ball at any time she chooses (when you are a D2 or lower, typically a scorer SHOOTS) Geno's manner, again typically not cast in stone, is to pass to those with the better shot.
Having said all that--I , as much as most Uconn WBB fans, hope she, when needed fills that hoop early and often. I'm not an anti-fan of Lou, I'm a wait and See Uconn fan.
And I misspoke. Fairfield is D1, but it's not even a mid-major. So, yes the competition she's used to is not at the level even of what she'll encounter in a UConn practice, much less in most of the games next season. Maybe Xavier or Butler will feel familiar. All we really have is a glimpse of her ability to play against top-level D1 teams -- Indiana and Texas. And even though this is encouraging, she's going to have to get used to that level of play across an entire season.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
We need to ask ourselves how can UConn develop back up PG's if Nika can't come off the floor.
If Geno wants to insure that there's back up PG's, then Nika will need to come off the floor so someone else can learn the position.

I can see Ice becoming an important scorer because of her dependable midrange shooting ability.
She may be able to switch in & out with multiple players because she seems extremely versatile.
IMO Ice has the potential to be a real wild card for UConn, and she reminds me of Napheesa Collier.
I don't think TonyC meant she needs to play 40 minutes, rather that she needs to be available.

I'm 100% with you on Ice. She's big, strong, skilled, and has great fundamentals. I've said it before, I can't wait to see her playing for UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom