Basketball Hall of Famer Ray Allen was involved in a bicycle crash that left him with multiple injuries. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Basketball Hall of Famer Ray Allen was involved in a bicycle crash that left him with multiple injuries.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I walk, bike ride, and drive.

I see pedestrians, bike riders, and drivers do stupid, inconsiderate, and dangerous things that warrant complaints about all of them. I do some of those things as well.

My biggest annoyance is those who don't recognize or acknowledge this. The self-righteous take from any of the three groups reveals its ignorance and corresponding intolerance.

Reaction Score
This is why I stick to mountain biking! If I get hurt, it's either bad luck or my own fault for doing something beyond my skill level.

On the other hand, I did have a close call with a mother doe who was none too happy when I rode up on her and her fawn. I backed away and she followed me! Luckily I was able to back far enough away that she was satisfied and moved on with the young'un. All this on a trail called Bambi, no less!

Reaction Score
It drives me ape___. I've gotta sit behind you going 20 mph because you're pretending to be a car but as soon as the light turns red you're a bike again and do whatever the ___ you want.
I bike but I agree with you. The arrogance of some of these guys makes drivers mad at me even though I follow the traffic laws. Don’t get me started on Hartford drivers and bikers

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Man there are some tough takes on this topic. I agree road biking is dangerous as heck, but why are so many posters bashing cyclists? Waiting behind bikes going 20 mph … do you really spend enough time doing that to complain about it? Pretending to be a car? I’d suggest most cyclists just want to be safe and appreciate a little space on the road. Running red lights? I do that when the coast is clear, but I jay walk too when safe. Shouldn’t impact cars.

For the fellow who thinks you need a lot of time to get tired on a bike … not at all. Do some high intensity intervals for about five minutes, can really put yourself in the pain cave. I think most cyclist choose to be out there for a long time because they love the freedom, views, and fresh air.

Seems so odd. Folks barreling down the road in larger and larger vehicles, lots of speeding and texting, environment turning to , yet many here take the time to call out cyclists. I’m sure I’ve driven a couple hundred thousand miles in my life, and cyclists don’t even hit the radar for things that concern me while driving. Seeing cyclists is like seeing dogs running off leashes in the woods … pure joy. “Get on your bikes and ride!”
Do you live in a city or urban area? Bikers are awful. How frequently stuck behind bikers? On a daily friggin basis, how about every single commute. Bikers riding in pairs side by side should be a felony.

I give bikers 3 feet. Need more space, find a dang bike lane. They put them everywhere just for you. Use them, and get out of the road.

If I'm driving out in the burbs I'm happy to give those bikers all the space in the world, that's a completely different ballgame in my opinion.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Attention Pro and Former Pro Basketball Players: BUY A PELOTON! You can afford it.
Ray has a Peloton. He posts himself on it on IG all the time

Reaction Score
This is why I stick to mountain biking! If I get hurt, it's either bad luck or my own fault for doing something beyond my skill level.

On the other hand, I did have a close call with a mother doe who was none too happy when I rode up on her and her fawn. I backed away and she followed me! Luckily I was able to back far enough away that she was satisfied and moved on with the young'un. All this on a trail called Bambi, no less!
Also gravel-biking…there’s plenty of miles of rails to trails as well as dirt roads with minimal traffic. On the other hand, as frustrating as cyclists may be to drivers, it’s not hard to NOT hit them.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Man there are some tough takes on this topic. I agree road biking is dangerous as heck, but why are so many posters bashing cyclists? Waiting behind bikes going 20 mph … do you really spend enough time doing that to complain about it? Pretending to be a car? I’d suggest most cyclists just want to be safe and appreciate a little space on the road. Running red lights? I do that when the coast is clear, but I jay walk too when safe. Shouldn’t impact cars.

For the fellow who thinks you need a lot of time to get tired on a bike … not at all. Do some high intensity intervals for about five minutes, can really put yourself in the pain cave. I think most cyclist choose to be out there for a long time because they love the freedom, views, and fresh air.

Seems so odd. Folks barreling down the road in larger and larger vehicles, lots of speeding and texting, environment turning to , yet many here take the time to call out cyclists. I’m sure I’ve driven a couple hundred thousand miles in my life, and cyclists don’t even hit the radar for things that concern me while driving. Seeing cyclists is like seeing dogs running off leashes in the woods … pure joy. “Get on your bikes and ride!”

Found the cyclist.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

There are just some roads that shouldn't have cyclists. At all. The one leading to my neighborhood is such a road. 40 MPH, many curves, no shoulder, no curb, no sidewalks for much of it, heavily traveled. Joggers are bad too, but at least they can step into the woods or grass on the side of the road or get on the sidewalk where there is one. A bike on that road can force you to go 10 mph for miles before you find a truly safe time to pass. There are loads of bike trails around here, but many, many roads like that one. So yes, it can be frustrating. Seeing a cyclist while driving around here is the opposite of joy.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I bike a lot and have become increasingly nervous on the roads. We live in Florida and have a lot of old people (I am 70 so not old) who just don't see you. I don't go out on the roads except on Sunday mornings when traffic volume is down. I bike on trails, but even there have to contend with dog walkers with extendo leashes, little Johnnie and his training wheels, rollerbladers who don't think there is any one behind them as they slalom side to side and little Johnnie learning to walk! Don't tell me to get a bell or to announce I am on their left - they have earbuds in and don't hear a blessed thing. I have been hit by cars twice, once by an Axel Rose looking space cadet who hit me head on when he turned in front on me in an intersection (fractured hand bruised kidneys) and another time by an octogenarian who also cut me off and I was able to put the bike on the ground and slid along the road on my hip (no broken bones but some nice scars). I just bought a Peloton because I am still uncomfortable going to spin class and I must say its kind of like kissing your sister (and I don't have a sister). Thank goodness Ray is OK!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom