Basketball Classroom | The Boneyard

Basketball Classroom

C

Chief00

There is so much a young guy can learn watching this video. How to make opponents pay for doubling. How to use your man as a screen. The little moves that create space. How good shooting via daily practice, makes every play more effective. The best time to cut is after you pass since the defender is leaning towards the pass.
The good news is we got a few guys this season really sincerely interested in learning all these nuances. This excites Chief, because quite frankly that is how you can take the game to another level. As Chief likes to say, time to get in the laboratory!

Reaction Score
There is so much a young guy can learn watching this video. How to make opponents pay for doubling. How to use your man as a screen. The little moves that create space. How good shooting via daily practice, makes every play more effective. The best time to cut is after you pass since the defender is leaning towards the pass.
The good news is we got a few guys this season really sincerely interested in learning all these nuances. This excites Chief, because quite frankly that is how you can take the game to another level. As Chief likes to say, time to get in the laboratory!

a few clips in the HCC

C

Chief00

I have long said that basketball players should practice between games.

I think it is catching on.

Quite frankly, you do all the right things you see on video here, and someone still has to make the open shot after someone else got doubled. We could probably both make a list of UConn players who spent extra individual time in the gym to capitalize on that open shot moment and guys who didn’t do that enough.

One thing I really like about Jackson and Bouknight is that they are students of the game, who respect it. This video demonstrates the subilities of how to both read teammates and opponents. Red Auerbach was known for having just a half a dozen plays but they all came down to options within a play - reading the defense and taking advantage of their vulnerabilities and your teammates strengths.

Doing that, does make it a simple game. Guys who are really good at something make it look simple. Guys who aren’t, substitute complexities for brilliance. When you do that, it never works well.

Reaction Score
Someone should tell the team about YouTube, they might be able to find some good basketball clips on there

Reaction Score
I hear lebron is pretty good too...maybe they can use the google to find some tips on how to play like him

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

It’s a sweet sentiment but then Larry bird and Bill Walton were two of the most court aware, fundamentally sound players in history of game. I hope it’s instructive .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom