Baseball Winter Meetings Thread... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Baseball Winter Meetings Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would think the Matt Thornton signing was a a "cheap" insurance policy against DRob. Thornton was a quality setup man for a while but his so/9 is dropping like a stone.
Thornton was un impressive in Boston. I wouldn't expect much.

Reaction Score
Thornton was un impressive in Boston. I wouldn't expect much.

Pretty sure you guys had a guy who was less than impressive in the past who could have been a Cy winner…….we need lefties he throws pretty hard, a Boone replacement is fine.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure you guys had a guy who was less than impressive in the past who could have been a Cy winner…….we need lefties he throws pretty hard, a Boone replacement is fine.
Actually, I think it was a good signing for the Yankees. I would have liked to see the Sox keep him. He is a veteran who understands working out of the pen and still can throw hard. Nieves liked him. The Yankees got him for $3.5 million per year for two years while the Sox (Red and White) were paying $5.5 million.

I assume that the Sox wanted to make room in the pen for some of their prospects. Not a bad place to be.

Reaction Score
All you need to know is that they didn't put Thornton on their postseason rosters.

20 games with Boston, a 1.76 whip and 13 hits per 9. In other words he was hideous for us. I remember him specifically pissing his pants in the Bronx, couldn't throw a ball near the strike zone to save his life.

I'd be shocked if he's on the Yankees 25 man roster in the 2nd year of the deal.

Reaction Score
All you need to know is that they didn't put Thornton on their postseason rosters.

20 games with Boston, a 1.76 whip and 13 hits per 9. In other words he was hideous for us. I remember him specifically pissing his pants in the Bronx, couldn't throw a ball near the strike zone to save his life.

I'd be shocked if he's on the Yankees 25 man roster in the 2nd year of the deal.

Wouldn't be the first time a reliever had a better year somewhere else…….there's a reason not too many of the bullpen guys stay in one spot too long! 20 games isn't a true sampling either as guys have better 2nd half of years etc etc….2 years ago Boone was hideous for a 2-3 month stretch but was their go-to guy late in the year…….never know…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom