Baseball Opening Weekend @ FAU | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Baseball Opening Weekend @ FAU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tough taking a sweep like this at the beginning of the season, but UConn has had it's struggles with the first weekend of the season (i.e. Big Ten-Big East challenge a couple seasons prior). Hopefully we can bounce back from this one

Reaction Score
Yes, it sounds like college baseball to me.

I always have to remind myself of this. You are able to watch a ton of college basketball on TV so you don't expect every open shot to go in like you would in the NBA because you just see that the college kids fail far more often. When you only follow a few college baseball games per week and it's just one team, it's easy to forget that errors in the field and on the basepaths are far more common.

Granted UConn does seem to have more trouble with these things than other teams but it's not as if every other team is playing mistake free baseball. Outside of the Top 25 this is basically what college baseball looks like. Doesn't make it any less frustrating though.

During the summer months my wife and I have season tickets to the Connecticut Tigers of the New York Penn League, a short season minor league. Many of the players in this league are just out of college playing in their first season of pro ball. As far as college baseball goes, these players represent the best of the college lot. Believe me, while the game is entertaining, you are certainly not seeing mistake free, heads up baseball all the time. You get some pitchers who can't get the ball over the plate, some batters who swing at seemingly anything, not to mention the "interesting" fielding and base running that crops up. It is all part of the mix, and this is just a step up from college baseball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom