Baseball Blahs | The Boneyard

Baseball Blahs

Reaction Score
I am rapidly becoming a non-fan of baseball. I am disgusted with what used to be my team - The Boston Red Sox. I used to watch and record all their games. I used to follow closely the progress of their minor leaguers. Now I am bored by it all. Is it COVID 19 or is it me? My wife says that if they win five in a row, I will be back on board. Anyone else feel this way?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I expect the rug to be pulled out due to covid.

I’m less excited due to the politicization crap.

Reaction Score
I too am struggling to get into MLB this season. I had been very much looking forward to the season as the Yankees have a legitimate shot at winning it all and we all know that those windows close quickly. But I can't seem to muster up excitement for watching what feels like glorified exhibition games. Plus, the politicization of sports is a bummer for me. Not debating the merits of their protests, but I look to sports as an escape from the rest of the crap going on, not as another venue to discuss it.

Reaction Score
You have hated the Red Sox the last 5 years. Go back and read your old posts.

Reaction Score
I wasn't into it for a while and wasn't excited, but I'm all in now. No fans for baseball hasn't even really been a noticeable difference

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I love having baseball back. I expect to watch most Pirates games even though it's a foregone conclusion they will suck mightily. The political stuff... I've been against GBA being played after 2001, I've been against pink unis, I've been against gratuitous celebrations of military, and I'm really not thrilled with the current stuff, except that it makes the people who are pro-GBA and pro-gratuitous military celebrations very angry. I'll add that the BLM acknowledgements are also likely one-offs, unlike the others.

Reaction Score
I have enjoyed it, why not. If I go to any games ill usually go to 1 maybe 2 games a year anyways. I always have the pre game on mute or very low volume. I have never cared about the national anthem, so I'm good with players taking a knee or standing.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You have hated the Red Sox the last 5 years. Go back and read your old posts.
I'm not sure he enjoyed 2018. But I agree with his premise, I don't care much about baseball right now.

Reaction Score
Of course Redsox fans are gonna say they dont care much about baseball this year, your gonna act like you didnt just lose 2 out of 3 at home to the Orioles ;).

the Q

Reaction Score
Of course Redsox fans are gonna say they dont care much about baseball this year, your gonna act like you didnt just lose 2 out of 3 at home to the Orioles ;).

For the record I said it pre opening day. But yeah, boy did that just suck the air out of the season

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
When did they start? All I know is that Hartford Athletic is 3-0.

Reaction Score

At least we got entertainment. 8 game suspension is excessive btw.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm a Red Sox fan, but baseball isn't anything "must watch" for me, like UConn hoops and The Patriots. I feel like I miss baseball most if I'm at a bar or restaurant and we have re-runs of a curling event from 4 years ago instead of baseball live. But now I'm not at bars or restaurants anyway.

I think they need more day games. Lots of people are at home.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I'm not into it this year. The "negotiating" and schedule, number of games and salary started it for me. The politicalization of the game was they last straw. Too bad. I thought the YAnks might make a serious run this year.

Reaction Score
I’ll watch because what else will I watch, can only watch so much of CNN and Fox Sports, I’m just prepared if it is shut down.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I think they need more day games. Lots of people are at home.
That was a missed opportunity, IMO. Baseball is probably the most radio-friendly sport, so it didn't even have to be televised for people to tune in and perhaps capture or re-capture fans.

While I object to anyone saying "MLB didn't have any plan", they didn't have the best one. IMO, the best plan for MLB, once they decided to only have east v east, central v central and west v west games, would've been three bubbles in each area (NY/Bos/Philly, Chi/Mil, LA/SD). That would've allowed for bus travel and two games per day at MLB-quality stadiums. There was no possibility of a single bubble ever being a viable solution for the number of games needed.

Reaction Score
I’ll watch because what else will I watch, can only watch so much of CNN and Fox Sports, I’m just prepared if it is shut down.
Fox News not Fox sports.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That was a missed opportunity, IMO. Baseball is probably the most radio-friendly sport, so it didn't even have to be televised for people to tune in and perhaps capture or re-capture fans.
I have a buddy who still loves sitting on the porch on a summer day with a beer and the ballgame on the radio. Last year, it was "C'mon I'll pick you up and we'll go to the watering hole" "Nah. I'm good. The game's on!"

Reaction Score
The Marlins are back. They beat the Orioles the first time out. The Marlins, Orioles and Red Sox should have an exciting race for the first draft pick.

the Q

Reaction Score
The Marlins are back. They beat the Orioles the first time out. The Marlins, Orioles and Red Sox should have an exciting race for the first draft pick.

the Red Sox getting Kumar Rocker would be franchise altering

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom