Change Ad Consent Baseball Blahs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Baseball Blahs

Well it‘s been a horrible season for the Red Sox but they accomplished their main goal as the season reached 9/1. They’re under the luxury tax threshold so have reset the penalties.

EB53182F-9FD4-4BB8-AB5E-EF35F2803FBF.jpeg

I am rapidly becoming a non-fan of baseball. I am disgusted with what used to be my team - The Boston Red Sox. I used to watch and record all their games. I used to follow closely the progress of their minor leaguers. Now I am bored by it all. Is it COVID 19 or is it me? My wife says that if they win five in a row, I will be back on board. Anyone else feel this way?
I am a Sox fan as well, and the Mookie trade really started my MLB-blahs and what's happened since only makes me feel worse. Yeah, I know he didn't want to stay, but ownership probably had a hand in that. So much talk about Dombrowski depleting the farm system to "win now", but when looking at what they have received in all of their trades, I don't see any replenishment. Knowing that they were actively shopping JBJ and Vazquez, I can only assume it's Devers and Bogaerts they want to build around.

the Q

Cold as December Snow
I am a Sox fan as well, and the Mookie trade really started my MLB-blahs and what's happened since only makes me feel worse. Yeah, I know he didn't want to stay, but ownership probably had a hand in that. So much talk about Dombrowski depleting the farm system to "win now", but when looking at what they have received in all of their trades, I don't see any replenishment. Knowing that they were actively shopping JBJ and Vazquez, I can only assume it's Devers and Bogaerts they want to build around.
new regime, same bs overrating jbj

the bettstrade was what it was. Getting verdugo and downs was nice. But the third guy needed to be more imo

I hated seeing them let Brock Holt go too. He loved the team and the city was a very valuable bench guy.

I hated seeing them let Brock Holt go too. He loved the team and the city was a very valuable bench guy.
He was a great Jimmy Fund guy, too. But you don't need pro bench guys when you're losing.

I enjoyed this story about CC Sabathia and Jackie Bradley Jr. Seems that towards the end of his career, CC would make up imaginary feuds with players on different teams so that he would have motivation to compete hard against that team.

Dove

Son of Wayne. Friend of Tony.
How do people get their mugs on those 'fatheads' in the seats?