Barstool UConn Write-Up | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Barstool UConn Write-Up

Reaction Score
The question I pose to everyone who thinks Geno should be the men's coach is "at any point do you think a UConn women's team could beat the men?"

If that answer is yes I automatically disqualify anything they have to say about anything.

I remember watching Diana Taurasi and two other women's players play three-on-three half-court against three men practice players. Diana looked very ordinary against those male practice players. Then during the game against women she all of a sudden looked like she was absolutely fantastic. Totally different levels of athleticism and length completely negated lots of her skill.

Reaction Score
Here's my take on the Geno thing. He can coach the men there's no doubt. Not necessarily our men but somewhere he could do a nice job. It's a different world in recruiting there's not a lot of "kids" who want to stay 4 years get a great education, they all think they will end up in the league. Well not all mind you, just making a generic statement. It would be intriguing to some but an immediate I'm not interested in UConn and that circus they created bringing a womens coach in, like it or not that's reality. Most of all with all if his success coaching women who listen, work hard all the time and are really coachable he'd be nuts to ruin that by trying to end his career coaching guys at this point. Ride into the sunset with 4-5 more NC's and leave that as your legacy, and a damn good one. Don't ruin it, and I doubt he would.

Reaction Score
The men don’t need Geno as much as they need to adopt the methods he uses for offense and defense. Defense could be a lot trickier with switching, but good teams make it work. Our pro offense doesn’t work. The number of assists is so bad other teams don’t even need to worry about passing.

Reaction Score
That is one excellent read. It summarizes my feelings about this program.

Nevertheless, I will be in the XL bar area Saturday cheering for the boys while munching on a Bears BBQ brisket sandwich washed down with a cold beer.

Reaction Score
That is one excellent read. It summarizes my feelings about this program.

Nevertheless, I will be in the XL bar area Saturday cheering for the boys while munching on a Bears BBQ brisket sandwich washed down with a cold beer.

Sounds like an idea how early do you need to get to the bar to get a seat?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sad but true assessment, except where he confuses Cobb with Diarra.

Don’t like the coaching suggestions. We can not hire an ex UConn guard who played with Kevin Ollie to replace Kevin Ollie. Besides, I want to stay far away from any UConn connected guy. Hurley would be tolerable I suppose. I still like Amaker. I have no problem hiring from the Coach K tree, and he knows how to recruit in New England.

As for Geno, he’d do a great job, I have no doubt about that. Instant respectability. But he’d never do it, and not because CD can’t take over the women. He’s an Icon in the world of women’s sports, and the message that going from the greatest women’s basketball programs of all time to take a floundering men’s job is an upgrade would send people into fits of hysteria.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
you going to MSG tonight?
Trying desperately for tix to bring my two oldest daughters. Have put in over a dozen requests on cash or trade but tix have been snapped up before my reply even gets read--and I'm a "Gold" member with immediate access to posts and an instant notification. Won't pay scalped prices though and won't sit higher than lower 200s or behind stage (unless 100s) so being a little picky because I want to make it worth my while and don't want them to have to stare at video feed (which they can do from my man cave any night). Lots of high seats and rear stage popping up now and have been offered a lot of meh seats. Will give it another hour or so. If we go I am not going to game because I won't be getting home until 3:00 at the earliest.

Reaction Score
Trying desperately for tix to bring my two oldest daughters. Have put in over a dozen requests on cash or trade but tix have been snapped up before my reply even gets read--and I'm a "Gold" member with immediate access to posts and an instant notification. Won't pay scalped prices though and won't sit higher than lower 200s or behind stage (unless 100s) so being a little picky because I want to make it worth my while and don't want them to have to stare at video feed (which they can do from my man cave any night). Lots of high seats and rear stage popping up now and have been offered a lot of meh seats. Will give it another hour or so. If we go I am not going to game because I won't be getting home until 3:00 at the earliest.
I got my tickets from the Wolfman's brother.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I hate every goddamned w00kie who ruined my good time. Tried dozens of times to no avail.

Oh well, looks like I will see everyone at the game!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

ah man leaving for the city in 30 min. wanted to hook up.

so yeah, Im skipping XL tomorrow

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Rick Pitino is 65 years old. Even if he wasn’t dirty (he is) and given a show-cause (he will be), it’d be ridiculous to bring him in based on his age alone.

It’s silly that posters continue to bring his name up.
They probably only went with him after they heard that Matt Lauer wasn't available.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If I seriously have to read another post about Geno coaching the men I’m gonna eat the business end of a shotgun.
They are unavoidable. Painfully ill informed, but unavoidable.
(Gonna miss the Hartford shooting updates)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If I seriously have to read another post about Geno coaching the men I’m gonna eat the business end of a shotgun.

If you go that route, be sure to do it in the north end. Serendipitous.

Reaction Score
The thing I love about the Geno idea is that it is so crazy that it would generate instant positive buzz and create a whole new story line that is much more interesting than the one we have now. It could work and it would be fun to watch how it plays out irrespective.

But I agree it will never happen for a couple different reasons.

It would immediately become the biggest story in college basketball and probably one of the biggest in sports. It would invite all of the nitwits out of the cellar to give their takes and make their jokes, but there would be a lot of benefits to it as well. I don't know if it would work but I'd certainly like to see it.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

You're opening the floodgates for the board to be inundated with Geno for men's coach posts. ;)

UConnNick

Reaction Score
I was thinking it would generate instant negative story lines. It would be an absolute circus nationally. And I'm guessing negative recruiting would work wonders on the trail with the 16 year olds.

What, would our recruits be worried they would grow tits if they played for Geno?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What, would our recruits be worried they would grow tits if they played for Geno?

No. Just that every coach in America would say, "what, you want to go play for a women's coach?" 15,16,17 year old boys being what they are...I'm guessing no. Or "look at how desperate UCONN is right now. They hired the women's coach. Not a place you want to play."

Or the finishing move, "well, I guess he can get you to the WNBA."

UConnNick

Reaction Score
At any point do you think the women could score against the mens team is more like it. Well this year...:eek:

Absolutely they would score some points. Not many, but the way we guard the three point line, Samuelson alone would hoist some and make a few. The women shoot threes very well.

They wouldn't get many rebounds, though. Only balls that take lucky bounces right to them. Final score: Men, 109, Women 42.

The real question is which size ball would the game be played with?

UConnNick

Reaction Score
No. Just that every coach in America would say, "what, you want to go play for a women's coach?" 15,16,17 year old boys being what they are...I'm guessing no. Or "look at how desperate UCONN is right now. They hired the women's coach. Not a place you want to play."

Or the finishing move, "well, I guess he can get you to the WNBA."

That's probably not a whole lot worse than what they're already hearing now about Ollie.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom