Badass award vs. DePaul | The Boneyard

Badass award vs. DePaul

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Badass or game ball, to me, has to go to:

Crystal Dangerfield

PG play is at an absolute premium in this type of game with this kind of pace and pressure. If you're not rock solid at the PG position things will get hairy in a heartbeat.

Crystal played this game like a surgeon. Just really a sight to behold. Constantly breaking down the D in both the full and half court; finding people everywhere; being Uber-strong with the ball; the list goes on. Oh did I mention lethal from the arc as well?

Kudos to the Dangerous One

Reaction Score
Liked them all. Thought one of Z's blocks could have been hit up rather than in the stands; she'll learn.

Seriously, has anyone ever made a more impressive sophomore leap than Crystal? It's one thing to show consistent improvement throughout the sophomore year, but Crystal shows up at the beginning of the season as a top-notch point.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yeah, I like the choice of Crystal. She's better at DePaul ball than DePaul. This was her 2nd game of shooting 6-7 from the arc. Goodness!

I also think that a case could be made for Lou, playing after an injury and scoring 20, Pheesa and Gabby with double-doubles, and Z putting up 16 and 9, plus 4 blocks.

Reaction Score
Hard toi argue with this choice. Crystal is playing like she means it. I will say, though, that Kia keeps nailing those 3s. Tonight, it seemed UConn's offense caught up with the defense. It was really nice to see. And then the defense kicked it up a notch with those Azura blocks.

Reaction Score
Liked them all. Thought one of Z's blocks could have been hit up rather than in the stands; she'll learn.

Seriously, has anyone ever made a more impressive sophomore leap than Crystal? It's one thing to show consistent improvement throughout the sophomore year, but Crystal shows up at the beginning of the season as a top-notch point.

This is a really good point. To my amateur eye, CD looks better as a sophomore than Mo did. And Mo was the best mortal playing WBB her senior year. (Stewie is just from another league.) :):) Wait for CD to make a "junior" leap. OMG. :)

Reaction Score
I wonder if Crystal and Kia take Gabby and Collier's All-American spots this season. Not sure our three AAs are going to be KLS-Collier-Gabby as many assumed.

Reaction Score
This is a really good point. To my amateur eye, CD looks better as a sophomore than Mo did. And Mo was the best mortal playing WBB her senior year. (Stewie is just from another league.) :):) Wait for CD to make a "junior" leap. OMG. :)
Have to agree. Crystal Dangerfield is ahead of Mo. It wasn't until the season went along that we started getting a glimpse of what Mo was going to be whereas there's little doubt Crystal Dangerfield has arrived as a premier WCBB point guard already.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
We do, but we only get three spots on it, so you have to choose and I'm guessing the six will steal votes from each other.
I believe that Geno can nominate only 3, so he will have to make the tough choice.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We have 6 AA's on this team.
I've posted a couple of times that we seem to have 6 players of roughly equal ability and effectiveness. Who is the best? It seems to vary by game. There are now 5 post-season awards for 5 positions. How many can we win or nearly win?

Reaction Score
I do think Mo was a better defender at this point compared to Crystal Dangerfield, and it wasn't really until her junior year that Mo started showing off her scoring skills. Remember even into her junior year she was still being left open and dared to shoot from the perimeter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom