Badass Award for the Notre Dame Victory. . . | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Badass Award for the Notre Dame Victory. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There were a few legitimate honorable mentions tonight...but the player who was the very definition of BADASS? Gabby!!

Reaction Score
Gabby played all 40 minutes, and had 19 points, 12 rebounds, 6 assists, 5 steals, 2 blocks against only 1 foul and 2 turn-overs. All of this against Notre Dame in South Bend! Bad Ass! But this team has shown incredible toughness and adaptability all season, doing what had to be done to win against high level teams with a wide variety of strengths and playing styles. Speed, endurance and toughness are top level survival traits, and this team's play has those attributes in spades. And Gabby, she is an apex predator.

Reaction Score
Oh, and by the way, this shouldn't be a big surprise since Uconn returned 4 starters from last season. Sure these 4 starters shared 2 spots in the starting line-up last year, but they all gained valuable minutes and experience.

HGN

Reaction Score
UConn doesn't wear their names on their jerseys. Badass goes to THE WHOLE TEAM and THE COACHING STAFF. this was an epic win.
Bags ,their name is on the jersey..........They just all happen to have the same last name.

UCONN.

Reaction Score
Can you imagine poor ND trying to guard a team loaded with multiple badasses like UConn! Muffet calls a timeout and tells her players: I told you to GUARD that badass!" The players meek response: "Which one, coach?"

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Gabby was marvelous last night, she was all over the court. Gabby deserve the award, not just for her performance, but leadership and toughness. Especially her toughness, because she was really injured, but she continue to play, and didn't complain.

Napheesa did an outstanding job, even though she was in foul trouble. Napheesa was eating Notre Dame up in the inside, and she showed Notre Dame she could rebound and block.

Lou was amazing. She hit her 3 points, but she also took it inside.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Shutouts to all the amazing AA caliber players we have, I have just sat thru another viewing of our incredible win

My badass award, however, must go to team defense in this game...despite the enlightening performances of some core players

We held ND without a field goal for over 9 min of play, from the last few min of the 2nd qrtr thru several minutes at the start of the 3rd

Wish we could have capitalized a bit more during that span, but the highlights of Gabby, for example, are quite enjoyable during the stretch

Reaction Score
. . . goes to Gabby Williams! :):):):):)

While acknowledging super performances by teammates, Gabby's game was one for the ages.

Game analysis: We had 'em all the way! ;)

This is one game (although many are) where it was tough to picked just ONE. The case could be made for Collier, Katie Lou, Kia, Dangerfield, or even Butler. I know, I see the greatness in the performances of many on this team--I don't think this is just me.
However no one, in their right mind, could argue with Gabby.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Gabby played all 40 minutes, and had 19 points, 12 rebounds, 6 assists, 5 steals, 2 blocks against only 1 foul and 2 turn-overs. All of this against Notre Dame in South Bend! Bad Ass! But this team has shown incredible toughness and adaptability all season, doing what had to be done to win against high level teams with a wide variety of strengths and playing styles. Speed, endurance and toughness are top level survival traits, and this team's play has those attributes in spades. And Gabby, she is an apex predator.
APEX PREDATOR BABY! Me likey!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Shutouts to all the amazing AA caliber players we have, I have just sat thru another viewing of our incredible win

My badass award, however, must go to team defense in this game...despite the enlightening performances of some core players

We held ND without a field goal for over 9 min of play, from the last few min of the 2nd qrtr thru several minutes at the start of the 3rd

Wish we could have capitalized a bit more during that span, but the highlights of Gabby, for example, are quite enjoyable during the stretch
That was an amazing stretch. I very much enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom