BAdams quietly doing his thing | The Boneyard

BAdams quietly doing his thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Needs to be a major part in this season. He played well tonight so I wanted to give him a shout out! Good work brother!

6-10 FG, 3-5 3pt, no free bees, 15pts, 3Asst. 2Reb

He had a couple of turnovers but nothing to cry home about after 2 weeks off and first game jitters. Really hoping that shot stays with him all season.

Reaction Score
Needs to be a major part in this season. He played well tonight so I wanted to give him a shout out! Good work brother!

He had a couple of turnovers but nothing to cry home about after 2 weeks off and first game jitters. Really hoping that shot stays with him all season.

If the shooting improvement is legit, he'll find minutes. Works too hard not to

Reaction Score
Played starters minutes and made his 3's, exactly like Hurley said earlier this year. Didn't notice him on defense all game (which tonight is a positive statement)

Reaction Score

If he stops forcing it and realizes that the shots are there to be had he could really be a factor for this team. He cant disappear when conference play starts like hes done thus far in his time here. I like what he did today but ive seen it before. Lets see it in conference. If he can step up i really, really like him and Gaffney off the bench.

Reaction Score
Eh he made some shots. He was ok. He also got blocked pretty bad and shot an airball. His shooting is keeping him in the mix tho

Reaction Score
I have the opposite take of the OP, I feel it was noticeable how much less athleticism he possesses as the team keeps getting more athletic around him. As Jackson acclimates himself to the college game (and I feel like we caught a glimpse of his on ball defense tonight) and Martin carves his role, adams to me would fall further down the line.

Reaction Score
I have the opposite take of the OP, I feel it was noticeable how much less athleticism he possesses as the team keeps getting more athletic around him. As Jackson acclimates himself to the college game (and I feel like we caught a glimpse of his on ball defense tonight) and Martin carves his role, adams to me would fall further down the line.
This is exactly why i said he needs to play within himself and not try to do to much and force bad shots or turnovers. If he can hit open shots when theyre there and not be a liability on defense he is going to be a nice piece for this team. If he doesnt do any of that or disappears for long stretches he will see little time on the court.

Reaction Score
Had breakdowns on 2 consecutive defensive possessions, one which came when he lost his man on an inbounds play resulting in an easy basket. Also, did not help out on d a couple of times. Hurley let him have it for poor defense. I believe his lack of athleticism will cost him time against the good teams. Did shoot well though.

Reaction Score
After 8 Big East games yesterday Adams is 4th in the league in effective field goal percentage. If he gets a call on one of the drives he had in which there was contact he’s probably 1st. If he keeps that up he’s gonna play a bunch.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Really happy with how well he played. Hoping he can keep up this level of performance against higher level competition.
I fear he may be the classic AAAA baseball player who tears up the minors and struggles in the majors.

Reaction Score
While watching the game, I had a debate with a buddy about B-Adams. He doesn't like him, but I always defend him aggressively, arguing he's a lead-by example glue guy that every great team needs, a Lasan Kromah, if you will.

Depending on the lineup, he can play anywhere between the 2 and 4 and he never needs the ball in his hands to make an impact in the game.

Hands down one of the easiest players to root for on this team.

Reaction Score
While watching the game, I had a debate with a buddy about B-Adams. He doesn't like him, but I always defend him aggressively, arguing he's a lead-by example glue guy that every great team needs, a Lasan Kromah, if you will.

Depending on the lineup, he can play anywhere between the 2 and 4 and he never needs the ball in his hands to make an impact in the game.

Hands down one of the easiest players to root for on this team.

Simply put, you are correct, your friend is not. He has his skill set, does best when he stays within that. He’s a guy his coaches don’t have to worry about- he’s reliable and a good teammate and not at all shy about telling those teammates to get it together, when necessary. Brendan is the kind of guy who has a future in the coaching/staff part of the game if he wants it.

Reaction Score
For some reason I felt very comfortable with Adams in the game, especially when we were struggling. I think he'll bring the leadership and stability needed as the team learns to play with each other. When the BE battles start Adams will really become essential in giving the team an experienced player who can handle himself and settle the team. He's one player I'm not worried about especially if he has to relieve Bouk for a while.

He's legit D1 and that's good enough for me.

Reaction Score
He was dominant against lesser teams early last year but he can shoot it.

Reaction Score
What a luxury to have a guy this good as our 7th/8th man.
He is a coaches dream player. Doesn’t care if he starts ,plays multiple positions, has a decent shot , and plays hard. Kind of a classic glue guy.
However Jackson is special I knew he had a handle and was Athletic and his passing game has a little bit of Magic in it. What I was not prepared for was his D which picked up the whole team. If you ever read my comments you know I salivate over defense. He could be our knew PIA defensive player replacement.
for the last years dynamic defensive duo.

caw

Reaction Score
Hurley will have roster/PT issues if Akok comes back at the level Polley is at and Martin is 75% of what people expect. It is nice to be back to 10-11 deep with legit high level D1 players.

1-2s
Cole - Gaffney
Bouknight - Adams

3-4s
Martin - Jackson
Polley - Akok

4-5s
Whaley - Sanogo

When 11-13 is Carlton, Brown, Springs. That is a good team.

Not sure that second team is NCAAT worthy but it’s beyond solid.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He will be great as the 7th/8th man. He would have had to start on KO teams and he’d drive us crazy

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Just looked up his line from last night and NEVER would have guessed he was that efficient from just watching last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom