Bad will and empty arenas are UConn's fault | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bad will and empty arenas are UConn's fault

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Somethings wrong. I walked up during the 12/4 men's game to the XL box office. I wanted 3 seats for the girls against Memphis on New Years Eve afternoon. They had one option behind the band. According to the rep scattered singles & pairs left. So the whole arena you can't find 3 together? Now I need to scan seat geek or stub hub & pay terrible fees. Why? I wasn't looking last minute for the ND game.

Reaction Score
Does anyone happen to know the number of seats they have reserved for corporate sponsors etc?

Reaction Score
Hathaway is the main person the blame.

UConn men's basketball may have been the best college basketball program for a run of 15 years and we had an exciting young football program to boot.

All this 6th borough BS they push now is all just a little too late. They were on a rocket ship and just coasted on it until it ran out of gas.

The night Louisville got into the ACC was the death knell for UConn athletics long term. Short term, our coaching has sucked, but you can rebuild in a big league without the added pressure of each season's losses going on your resume if there is a shift in conferences.

The day BC blocked us when the ACC was going to take us and Syracuse was the end. Unfortunately most fans feel that the P5 is never going to happen for us, add the poor performance of the football and basketball teams and the death spiral is inevitable.

Reaction Score
I just badly for Bob in the comment section. Sounds like he’s been abused.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I have one other piece to take into consideration as part of the problem. Why spend any money to go to the arena when you can watch it on TV? I don't remember every home game being televised years ago. That itself lends to decreased attendance.

The die hard will go. Anyone who has any hesitancy will not go.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have one other piece to take into consideration as part of the problem. Why spend any money to go to the arena when you can watch it on TV? I don't remember every home game being televised. That itself lends to decreased attendance.

The die hard will go. Anyone who has any hesitancy will not go.
I don't disagree with that. I see games better on my 55 inch HD than at the venue itself.

Reaction Score
No one is mocking or disagreeing HAD, just can't stand the chest pounders and there's plenty. I'm attacking the attackers, check it out you're the usual suspects who jump on anyone positive at all. But you keep on your merry way it fits you.

Seriously this place is a joke of people who think they actually like UConn yet still have given up on basketball only to get their point across of how smart they were/are. It's disgraceful there's still kids on that team and they still need to play. Whoever is coaching they are still UConn after all.

Yes i am overly negative but that’s because there is nothing positive to talk about. When there is I️ mention it.

I️ attack the positive Posts because I feelnlike it. I “attack” them because they are crappy arguments. I will attack crappy arguments that are negative too. The positive posts are mostly just unsubstantiated nonsense. If people are positive and think ko can turn it around that’s great. But i have asked repeatedly for someone to explain why they feel this way and they never do.

I noticed on another thread someone repeatedly asked you to justify your positivity and you never even attempted to answer.

So that’s why I “attack” those posts. They are completely baseless. I support my feelings and explain the thought process. The positive posters do not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom