Bad news for Memphis/AAC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bad news for Memphis/AAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
if he ends up at Puke, like Hillary, nobody will ask K any tough questions.
In the end, I could care where he or any other player not wearing or planning to wear a UConn uniform goes/does.
He's a nice player but have always felt there was a dark side to his personality.
Memphis always has been and remains a train wreck in the works

Reaction Score

"2. Austin was dating a girl who is a cheerleader at Memphis and they recently broke up. Apparently it was emotionally rough for him. Austin didn’t want to keep seeing her at games. There were people who were willing to work that out (Let’s face it, this is college basketball. It’s a money game.). However Austin didn’t want that to happen to her so was willing just to stop playing ball (chivalry is not dead).

3. Austin’s parents have invested a lot of time and money over the years to see Austin become successful in basketball. They know he can become an NBA player. He is currently on track to become an NBA player out of Memphis. When Nichols’ parents knew Austin’s desire to play was waning, they offered him the idea to transfer and get away from his distractions. They didn’t want him to squander his (nor their) opportunity for a big payday.

4. Josh has raised Austin’s NBA stock prior to his injury. Pastner has Austin on track to graduate in 3 years and he would have gone to the NBA after this upcoming season. Austin wasn’t happy with that and just informed Josh this summer that he wanted to enjoy college."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"2. Austin was dating a girl who is a cheerleader at Memphis and they recently broke up. Apparently it was emotionally rough for him. Austin didn’t want to keep seeing her at games. There were people who were willing to work that out (Let’s face it, this is college basketball. It’s a money game.). However Austin didn’t want that to happen to her so was willing just to stop playing ball (chivalry is not dead).

3. Austin’s parents have invested a lot of time and money over the years to see Austin become successful in basketball. They know he can become an NBA player. He is currently on track to become an NBA player out of Memphis. When Nichols’ parents knew Austin’s desire to play was waning, they offered him the idea to transfer and get away from his distractions. They didn’t want him to squander his (nor their) opportunity for a big payday.

4. Josh has raised Austin’s NBA stock prior to his injury. Pastner has Austin on track to graduate in 3 years and he would have gone to the NBA after this upcoming season. Austin wasn’t happy with that and just informed Josh this summer that he wanted to enjoy college."
So what do you think should Pastner release him?

For what it is worth, break ups can be tough and you really do need to think of the girl. The best way to handle it is to sleep with her roommate. At that point she'll either break up with you, saving you the trouble, or be up for the three way, in which case everyone wins...and either way you bang her roommate, which you know you've been thinking about doing anyway.

(Damn, I'm sensitive. I ought to write an advice column or something)

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
First, if you're using a Wordpress blog as your news source, you are a nitwit.

This was the first of the three entries that dude wrote this year....

I started thinking about things that I do and enjoy that some people would consider embarrassing.

So here are some (not too) embarrassing facts about me:
I like pop music. Beiber. One Direction. Ed Sheeran. Taylor Swift. JT. Katy Perry. Sam Smith. Maroon 5. Carrie Underwood. Brad Paisley.

Try to be a little more discriminating about the links you post here.

Reaction Score
And from Austin's father >

''I hate it for Memphis,'' Mark Nichols said. ''I hate it for the coaching staff. I hate it for the city. It's late in the year to be doing this. We know that. We're not happy about it. It's just something that happened, and we've got to move on with it. We've just got to move forward.''

Curiouser
Reaction Score
And from the bathroom wall in the old Rudy's in New Haven >

"No matter how hot she is, somebody somewhere is sick of her sh/t."

All the kid needs to do is understand this and he'll be fine staying at Memphis.

Reaction Score
And from Austin's father >

''I hate it for Memphis,'' Mark Nichols said. ''I hate it for the coaching staff. I hate it for the city. It's late in the year to be doing this. We know that. We're not happy about it. It's just something that happened, and we've got to move on with it. We've just got to move forward.''
Getting popcorn for this...

LOL...haha

http://www.dukechronicle.com/articles/2012/10/10/duke-basketball-needs-austin-nichols#.VZ0VhTpRGM8

Reaction Score

These schools need to stop acting like they really have or should have a say in this. Schools that act this way look bad and that certainly can't look good to a recruit.

Reaction Score

I'm not sure how much "Josh" has done to cause any of the above.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how much "Josh" has done to cause any of the above.

I think that was just one factor among many. We've lost six or seven players to transfer in the past two or three years. They all had "reasons" to request transfer but I suspect the primary reason was more basketball related. Pastner is over his head at Memphis and the fans and the players know it. He wanted out this last season after all of the criticism he has received from both the media and fans but he couldn't get hired elsewhere after last failing to reach even the NIT. He'll either be at another school as head coach after this season (if he does well enough with the Tigers to create demand) or an assistant somewhere. He won't be at Memphis.

Reaction Score
I think that was just one factor among many. We've lost six or seven players to transfer in the past two or three years. They all had "reasons" to request transfer but I suspect the primary reason was more basketball related. Pastner is over his head at Memphis and the fans and the players know it. He wanted out this last season after all of the criticism he has received from both the media and fans but he couldn't get hired elsewhere after last failing to reach even the NIT. He'll either be at another school as head coach after this season (if he does well enough with the Tigers to create demand) or an assistant somewhere. He won't be at Memphis.

I was referring to the line about Josh "raising Austin's NBA stock and having him on track to graduate in 3 years". I think Austin himself may have more to do with those things.

Reaction Score
Guess Memphis thought that Tennessee, Iowa, Providence & Virginia may have been tampering.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were some shenanigans going on. The timing of his announcement was very peculiar.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if there were some shenanigans going on. The timing of his announcement was very peculiar.
Not sure why the 15-16 non conference schedule matters either, since he wouldn't be playing until 16-17.

Reaction Score
Not sure why the 15-16 non conference schedule matters either, since he wouldn't be playing until 16-17.

I wonder if it's because they don't know their 16-17 non-conference schedule yet, and they want to stick it to him for leaving them high and dry. That would be bush league, but that's Memphis.

Reaction Score
Yeah, Memphis was pretty much like screw Tennessee (Nichols' twin sister goes there) and said no to the other 3 because of a preseason tourney in 2016:

Reaction Score
Restricting where a kid can transfer is so unbelievably lame unless you think tampering is involved. Nichols can't go to UVA or PC because of the chance that Memphis might play them once in a 2016 tournament? Please.

Reaction Score
Looks like Notre Dame & Marquette are getting involved. Duke probably won't.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
And from the bathroom wall in the old Rudy's in New Haven >

"No matter how hot she is, somebody somewhere is sick of her sh/t."

All the kid needs to do is understand this and he'll be fine staying at Memphis.

I used to love Rudy's. My buddy had an apartment right across the street and one summer when I was home from college we used to go there all the time.

"Cool story, Hansel"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member